Who's the most successful Left-Arm Spinner?

Derek Underwood for me and Drewska he was a left handed bowler.
Was a right handed batsmen though.
Vettori is the best I've seen.

I find it funny that this question is asked at all. Bedi is definitely the best and the most succesful left arm spinner, ever.

And talking of Giles and Vettori ahead of Bedi is blasphemous :help

Ritwik said:
I find it funny that this question is asked at all. Bedi is definitely the best and the most succesful left arm spinner, ever.

And talking of Giles and Vettori ahead of Bedi is blasphemous :help
I think the discussion is supposed to be about current spinners, although it did spin out of control, no pun intended.

Bedi took 267 (?) at about 28.

Bedi was bowling alongside Prasanna and Chandrashekar as well as Venkatraghvan, who themselves are some of the best spinners of all time with excellent strike rates.

Yeh, a golden era for Indian spinners.

I don't know how old you are Ritwik, but I doubt either of us saw any of them bowl.

Obviously we can compare current left armers, and one from recent times.

Wasn't Bedi a great fielder too?

I obviosly didn't watch those matches on live TV (and I wouldn't like to displace Zimrahil as PC's oldest, er, "most experienced" member!) but I do have seen a lot of the repeat telecasts and also tapes and DVDs, so I've a pretty good idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the various players from that era. Bedi was good in the field IMO, but nowhere near the best India had - a position reserved for the brilliant Eknath Solkar who used to field at forward short leg, and helped the spin quartet tremendously in that position.

channybob7 said:
monty all der way hes the best left arm spinner in the world

He may be up there with the best now, but he's only played a few matches, so he can't be considered as the most succesful.

Adam Sanford from the last tour, anyone?

How about Alex Wharf from India's last ODI tour to India.

In my opinion, Daniel Vettori is the best left arm spinner of the current era. But if we were to look at the past era, I would say Bishan Singh Bedi.

My dad says Bishan Bedi since he has seen him in a few matches.
I will go with.
Vettori is the best in the world today.

Users who are viewing this thread