Who's the most successful Left-Arm Spinner?

Beshan Bedi, like everyone has mentioned above was probably the best, a class act, right now Vettori is easily the best followed by Hogg and Penesar.
Though Panesar hasn't played many games, the games I've watched him play, he looks out to be a great spinner in the near future. Giles sucks, for lack of better word...

James_W said:
No it's Brad Hogg. :P

We can't be sure about Bradd Hogg because he'll never get a go in the test team, as he is 35 and behind the 2 best leg spinners in the world Warne and MacGill which is a pretty hard to beat.

Drewska said:
We can't be sure about Bradd Hogg because he'll never get a go in the test team, as he is 35 and behind the 2 best leg spinners in the world Warne and MacGill which is a pretty hard to beat.

lol MacGill, he's good, but I wouldn't call him best in the world...
With Warne, i definitly agree..

zreh said:
lol MacGill, he's good, but I wouldn't call him best in the world...
With Warne, i definitly agree..

Well Macgill is twice as good as a lot of spinners that I know;

Kaneria
Hogg
Afridi
Harbhajan
Panesar
Giles....

I could go on forever, it's a shame for Macgill, if he wasn't born at the same time as Warne then he could have about 400 Test wickets.

more than that lol! his got a better SR than warney! his a class act

He bowls too many bad balls compared to warne thats why he has never been picked ahead of him.

evertonfan said:
Well Macgill is twice as good as a lot of spinners that I know;

Kaneria
Hogg
Afridi
Harbhajan
Panesar
Giles....

I could go on forever, it's a shame for Macgill, if he wasn't born at the same time as Warne then he could have about 400 Test wickets.

I'd take kaneria, Harbajan, and Penesar over McGill

wfdu_ben91 said:
Hmmm, maybe Harbajan but definately not Kaneria & Panesar.
yeh lol wtf? panesar has played like 5 tests? and your saying his better than macgill... righto!! look at macgill's stats, they are better than Warnes, his just very unlucky!

langerrox said:
yeh lol wtf? panesar has played like 5 tests? and your saying his better than macgill... righto!! look at macgill's stats, they are better than Warnes, his just very unlucky!

If he lived in any other country he would've played about 100 tests by now.

wfdu_ben91 said:
If he lived in any other country he would've played about 100 tests by now.
easy hes a wicked player, isnt he only 32?

thats a fair point they raise tho, I just hope they go out on a good note and have the chance to..

langerrox said:

9 tests including the fateful Oval.

Rather odd statement really, it does surprise me he doesn't play more for Aus. Warne and MacGill would be brilliant.

Play watson as the 3rd seamer in an all rounders slot with McGrath and Lee the other pace bowlers and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread