Who's the next-best batsman after Bradman?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rahul Dravid has never kept wickets in first class or any other format.And as you said there were only few people who mentioned Dravid's name,majority of the people just go by runs and other eye wash stats.Who really sees the depth of a batsman?The only fact maybe is Dravid is not as great as Sachin in ODIs but still has played very crucial knocks which Sachin dint.But in tests,Dravid is way ahead as a player.He is the TEST CLASS BATSMAN of this era.
Just similarly i can tell you,at one point of time there was Sunil Gavaskar and Gundappa Vishwanath but because of the runs and records Gavaskar is hailed as the best but actually Vishwanath is classier than Sunny.I am not trying to make you look like a Dravid hater,its just that i am unhappy with you blindly saying Sachin is the best just because many people here told or told in some other web forums.England is the toughest place to bat for an Asian and yes there ends the matter.This says it all.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rahul Dravid has never kept wickets in first class or any other format.And as you said there were only few people who mentioned Dravid's name,majority of the people just go by runs and other eye wash stats.Who really sees the depth of a batsman?The only fact maybe is Dravid is not as great as Sachin in ODIs but still has played very crucial knocks which Sachin dint.But in tests,Dravid is way ahead as a player.He is the TEST CLASS BATSMAN of this era.
Just similarly i can tell you,at one point of time there was Sunil Gavaskar and Gundappa Vishwanath but because of the runs and records Gavaskar is hailed as the best but actually Vishwanath is classier than Sunny.I am not trying to make you look like a Dravid hater,its just that i am unhappy with you blindly saying Sachin is the best just because many people here told or told in some other web forums.England is the toughest place to bat for an Asian and yes there ends the matter.This says it all.

Dravid started off as a wicketkeeper, and I am 200% sure I have read about it before. I will try to find the source of it, but I have read before that he started off as a wicketkeeper for a brief period, before giving it up and completely concentrating on batting. Probably in school cricket or somewhere, but he did start off as a keeper. That's why they gave him the keeping gloves. They won't give keeping gloves to someone with no history of wicketkeeping.

For me, Sachin just ahead of Dravid in tests, and no comparison at all in ODI's. I am not telling based on other people's words. I have been telling it since I became a Sachin fan.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I do accept the ODI part mate,but tests,well Dravid is way ahead,not just ahead.If 10000 people say Sachin is ahead it wont become a true thing.I can single handedly tackle you people easily because i have the facts that he is a BETTER TEST PLAYER,i will die to prove Dravid is the best!C'mon people,lets see if 10000 injustice people win or one DIE HARD MAD CRAZY DRAVID FAN WINS!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I do accept the ODI part mate,but tests,well Dravid is way ahead,not just ahead.If 10000 people say Sachin is ahead it wont become a true thing.I can single handedly tackle you people easily because i have the facts that he is a BETTER TEST PLAYER,i will die to prove Dravid is the best!C'mon people,lets see if 10000 injustice people win or one DIE HARD MAD CRAZY DRAVID FAN WINS!

Its pure rock solid statistics and a majority's opinion VS your die hard love for Dravid. Even one of the die hard fans of Dravid here in this forum, shravi, rates Sachin Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting and only then does he say Dravid. Better matchwinner? Yes. Better batsman? Not really....

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I dont want to spoil our friendship Sai.We are from the same state,same city and we are TamBrahms,so lets not fight mate.
Let me put it in this way,in my opinion Rahul Dravid is the best,happy?Enjoy.Good Night.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Its pure rock solid statistics and a majority's opinion VS your die hard love for Dravid. Even one of the die hard fans of Dravid here in this forum, shravi, rates Sachin Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting and only then does he say Dravid. Better matchwinner? Yes. Better batsman? Not really....

Who is Shravi, as far as I am concern he is a nobody in the cricketing world so lets not go with his opinions, and Sai see you are getting desperate now.

There are well documented evidence and videos on youtube showing instances in which Sachin has cheated, the guy is dishonest and selfish as Yudi alluded to in that beautiful post of his.

And yes I agree with the guys Dravid is a better batsman than Schin can ever be, Sachin played in the shadow of guys like Sourav, Dravid, Laxman etc.

As for Gilchrist, personally I have never seen a single Aussie playing within the spirit of the game, team India is taking shape like the Aussies also in overappealing and claiming false catches, when MSD goes general sportsmanship of the team will disintegrate till it is no more.

----------

I dont want to spoil our friendship Sai.We are from the same state,same city and we are TamBrahms,so lets not fight mate.
Let me put it in this way,in my opinion Rahul Dravid is the best,happy?Enjoy.Good Night.

Hats of on this post Madhavan, shows what a mature member you are.

Sai would never accept it, he is as stubborn and hard-headed as Sachin, better of arguing with a brickwall Madhavan

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
@Vaibhav:I would never forgive Tendulkar for falsely appealing a catch against Rahul Dravid where the replays showed that it was clearly a ground catch.You speak about Sachin so much even in the other forum and you really dint accept Rahul Dravid can play a pull.You dont call 666 as a Sachin Hater,rather call yourself as a person who cant accept Sachin's mistakes.I love Sachin very much but just records cant mean he is any better than Rahul Dravid.Hail Rahul Dravid

Woah!! Not sure which forum are you talking about, and I said Rahul Dravid can't play a pull shot?

I wouldn't ever disrespect The Wall for once!! Swear you. And Dravid is one of India's finest pullers. Shame you don't have a clue on what you are talking about. If you were talking about the BA thread, mate go and check, once again.
And listen, I don't and never will give a damn about the IPL.
I respect Dravid more than Tendulkar. But I just don't understand the point how someone can over-rule other's opinion and disgrace a player's career, without even proving his point.
Shame on you!!:(

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Woah!! Not sure which forum are you talking about, and I said Rahul Dravid can't play a pull shot?

I wouldn't ever disrespect The Wall for once!! Swear you. And Dravid is one of India's finest pullers. Shame you don't have a clue on what you are talking about. If you were talking about the BA thread, mate go and check, once again.
And listen, I don't and never will give a damn about the IPL.
I respect Dravid more than Tendulkar. But I just don't understand the point how someone can over-rule other's opinion and disgrace a player's career, without even proving his point.
Shame on you!!:(

I think its Ashes 13 forum,i thought it was you,i dint check the name correctly and i remember MattW deleting my posts there too as it was not meant to discuss who is a better puller of the cricket ball.If you are not that,i am sorry for that.And i dont understand the point that how some numbers and more votes can make one better than the order.I am a person who really doesnt like comparing players but people here forced me to do so when i just posted my opinion.And yes,i am out of this fight,if people think Sachin is the best let them think but none can force me to think so.
And yes whatmaybe the case,Sachin claimed a false catch of my GOD Rahul Dravid and at that moment i lost the so much respect i had for Sachin,he tried to send my GOD into the pavillion when he was not out,i cant digest that.I love DRAVID more than my life mate!

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sai would never accept it, he is as stubborn and hard-headed as Sachin, better of arguing with a brickwall Madhavan

Just don't understand why is he being targeted?
Just because he said Tendulkar is a better batsmen. Guys, we have our own opinions.
I mention here- VVS has saved India more than anyone, Sehwag had the utmost impact in the matches India won, Micheal Hussey is called 'Mr.Cricket' for some reason. And then you guys again start digging deep- 'Let me check the most silliest thing he has ever done.'

Maradona is hailed as much as Pele. He had countless controversies, not to mention them. Oh man!! nooooo.. he is a disgrace to footbal!!:facepalm

Not sure why are we even having this pointless argument.

You need to understand, we can go on and on, without having a result, it is like talking about 'first among equals'.

----------

I think its Ashes 13 forum,i thought it was you,i dint check the name correctly and i remember MattW deleting my posts there too as it was not meant to discuss who is a better puller of the cricket ball.If you are not that,i am sorry for that.And i dont understand the point that how some numbers and more votes can make one better than the order.I am a person who really doesnt like comparing players but people here forced me to do so when i just posted my opinion.And yes,i am out of this fight,if people think Sachin is the best let them think but none can force me to think so.
And yes whatmaybe the case,Sachin claimed a false catch of my GOD Rahul Dravid and at that moment i lost the so much respect i had for Sachin,he tried to send my GOD into the pavillion when he was not out,i cant digest that.I love DRAVID more than my life mate!

Maybe.
Yes no doubt you hail Rahul Dravid as your god. No argument on that.
But just because of that incident, would you doubt Sachin's contribution, or any other player for that matter.
We all know about Ponting, but does it make his contribution in cricket 'nil'.
No. That is my point.
I never compare Sachin, Dravid, Lara, Ponting, etc. I have my own opinion.
But if somebody talks shite, regards one or two instances, I'll do the talking.

And yes- The first Cricket match I ever watched was the Kolkata Test of 2001.
I have loved this game since. It will give you an idea about the respect I have for Dravid and Laxman. :)

S

Satan666

What shite have I posted wrt to the subject at hand? I even posted a video from youtube to justify my claims of Sachin Tendulkar being a cheat and dishonest disgraceful sportsman.

Again I dont understand how people can say Sachin is 2nd to Bradman when the guy lacks concentration at the crease, hence him not being able to score above 250! Wake up people this guy is nothing but an illusion!

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Expert opinion!!:clap
I wouldn't even bother replying you now!!
Illusion, 24 years, ehh!! You are not in a good state my friend, go get a treatment.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Just don't understand why is he being targeted?
Just because he said Tendulkar is a better batsmen. Guys, we have our own opinions.
I mention here- VVS has saved India more than anyone, Sehwag had the utmost impact in the matches India won, Micheal Hussey is called 'Mr.Cricket' for some reason. And then you guys again start digging deep- 'Let me check the most silliest thing he has ever done.'

Maradona is hailed as much as Pele. He had countless controversies, not to mention them. Oh man!! nooooo.. he is a disgrace to footbal!!:facepalm

Not sure why are we even having this pointless argument.

You need to understand, we can go on and on, without having a result, it is like talking about 'first among equals'.

----------

Maybe.
Yes no doubt you hail Rahul Dravid as your god. No argument on that.
But just because of that incident, would you doubt Sachin's contribution, or any other player for that matter.
We all know about Ponting, but does it make his contribution in cricket 'nil'.
No. That is my point.

And yes- The first Cricket match I ever watched was the Kolkata Test of 2001.
I have loved this game since. It will give you an idea about the respect I have for Dravid and Laxman. :)

Yes if that incident was done to any other player,i would have not even thought about it,he did it to RAHUL DRAVID!And thus that incident looks bigger than his illustrous career for me.Yes i am talking like a Dravid fanatic and not a cricket fanatic i know but cant help it.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yes if that incident was done to any other player,i would have not even thought about it,he did it to RAHUL DRAVID!And thus that incident looks bigger than his illustrous career for me.Yes i am talking like a Dravid fanatic and not a cricket fanatic i know but cant help it.

I know you can't help it, I had already figured it out from your previous posts!!

S

Satan666

Expert opinion!!:clap
I wouldn't even bother replying you now!!
Illusion, 24 years, ehh!! You are not in a good state my friend, go get a treatment.

Blind fans like yourself who worship Sachin blindly really need the treatment, obviously you wouldnt reply since I posted evidence which backs up everything I posted!

Users who are viewing this thread