Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

Couldnt have put it better Cazza .

If they dont bring Patch 5 out , they should expect a very slow uptake of the next title , as we have been twice burned .

At least in 14 , eventually after the patches , you kinda forgot about all the pains , and bought DBC17 on day one without even thinking it through .

But by having the play DBC17 in the state that its in currently , reminds us all of how this transpired , and will probably influence our buying decision accordingly.

Man I bought a ps4 here in the states at the blackfriday sales week only to play DBC17. Cos I had them on PS3. And i was extremely excited to play it but as it turned out the game was ridden with bugs. I waited patiently for the patches but the latest patch didn't even fix the main drawback which were the broken stats of created player. I am heartbroken and extremely disappointed sadly I have shelfed DBC17. Even after watching India thrash the countries in their group and now in the finals I got really hyped and turned on the PS4 but sadly it was damp squib and I was left frustrated and SAD. Because the game lacks excitement and i cannot even play with my own player. I am not coming on board for the next iteration until and unless there's vast and huge improvements in DBC19.

I have to admit I won't be buying a DB3 on day one. I feel let down his time. There should definitely be a patch 5 to fix the stats. I cannot forsee that happening. There's been no feedback either way. If there's no patch 5 there's no way I'll be shelling out next time round. I bought DB14 for 360 and xbone. And DB17 on xbone this time. £150 basically on three games that despite 4 patches each never did what they said on the box. Cricket game with incoherent stats and no cableknit sweaters, oh but you can create stadiums which works most of the time of you don't mind the icon not sticking and occasional freezes. I can just about get through a match as the gamplays not too bad now but seeing a guy coming out to bat with a strike rate of 27654 who's played 8inns in 5 t20s it's impossible to love it.

Patch apart, did you just say xbone?
Is this a male body part I'm not familiar with... ?

Patch five should address all issues that effect game play like fielding... Staying on topic and a cold shower for me![DOUBLEPOST=1497633865][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really a Rugby fan haha - if I had to, I would though
Support Fremantle... Mental! Good luck in Bedlam.

Haseeb AhmedMohammed, Very much summed my state of mind

Last edited:
An update for career mode to allow you to play for a national team outside the 10 test nations would be useful, especially since this was possible on Bradman 14.

Smart money is on there not being a patch 5 I am afraid. PC owners have Franco's hack to look forward to. Console owners.....this is probably as good as it's gonna get

Smart money is on there not being a patch 5 I am afraid. PC owners have Franco's hack to look forward to. Console owners.....this is probably as good as it's gonna get
I'd rather see a patch 5 dedicated to improving game play or put all that effort into using the game play as basis for DBC 18 (maybe released around the time of the Ashes... who knows). It's not perfect but it's not far off, for me T20 and One day matches play very well.

Throw in some improvements to the academy, improve the career mode and throw in something new to justify the selling of a new game; I'd love to see a team/tour mode where you play as one team over a fixed period, say eight to ten years. Get a couple of world cups as an international team, home and away tours, odi and t20 tables etc (with the ability to choose different set ups (e.g. home and away or a pre-determined tour schedule, possibly based on real life tour programmes, promotion and relegation). Have some player skill progression and regression, retirements and new players coming through. Even if this was a very basic system it could still be fun.

I could go into more detail on what think could be improved but right now I can't be bothered right now, too tired (not helpful, I know).

So no stats issue for DBC17 PC version with Franco's hack ...?? Can someone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread