Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

3)Get best- still not working to it's best.

Get best not working correctly is largely the greater community's fault. Many teams that have been rated 5 stars have incorrect uniforms, unlinked players and other issues and are hardly updated ever. Yet people still download them and rate them. This will have a major impact later.

Get best not working correctly is largely the greater community's fault. Many teams that have been rated 5 stars have incorrect uniforms, unlinked players and other issues and are hardly updated ever. Yet people still download them and rate them. This will have a major impact later.

I'm sure I speak for many people here in that we can't thank you and others enough for your work re: teams/players etc.

I can't recall if we had such an issue with DBC 14's academy?

Is there anything limiting them from just making @Llewelynf 's teams the standard get best? Atleast for international and ipl teams?

I'm sure I speak for many people here in that we can't thank you and others enough for your work re: teams/players etc.

There was this issue too. I remember one guy, can not remember his name that linked all his teams incorrectly and they made it onto the get best in the early days.[DOUBLEPOST=1496937861][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there anything limiting them from just making @Llewelynf 's teams the standard get best? Atleast for international and ipl teams?
That's very kind of you but I think PC users make up a small percentage. That's why I said the 'greater' community. @wasteyouryouth also has great teams as does @Kiko_97

I think the Academy is one of the great things about the game. For whatever reason they can't have real teams and players but having Get Best also weakens the quality of the game and academy, in my opinion.. I don't know how other games get around it (thinking of Football Manager).

One solution to consider in the future would be instead of having a linked collections of teams. So an individual or group can share a complete collection of teams. That way at least a group of people on here could get together and formulate their own set of standards or guidelines for what needs to be shared. So in addition to the 'Get Best' option, you could search for collections like 'Get Planet Cricket Academy teams' or 'Get Friedlele'. That way you could at least get some uniformity in quality of teams or consistency of players skills and people could, if they wanted, ensure that their collection is updated on a regular basis.

There was this issue too. I remember one guy, can not remember his name that linked all his teams incorrectly and they made it onto the get best in the early days.[DOUBLEPOST=1496937861][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's very kind of you but I think PC users make up a small percentage. That's why I said the 'greater' community. @wasteyouryouth also has great teams as does @Kiko_97
You're too kind. You and @wasteyouryouth are the true heroes, you do the work I can't

I think the Academy is one of the great things about the game. For whatever reason they can't have real teams and players but having Get Best also weakens the quality of the game and academy, in my opinion.. I don't know how other games get around it (thinking of Football Manager).

One solution to consider in the future would be instead of having a linked collections of teams. So an individual or group can share a complete collection of teams. That way at least a group of people on here could get together and formulate their own set of standards or guidelines for what needs to be shared. So in addition to the 'Get Best' option, you could search for collections like 'Get Planet Cricket Academy teams' or 'Get Friedlele'. That way you could at least get some uniformity in quality of teams or consistency of players skills and people could, if they wanted, ensure that their collection is updated on a regular basis.
DBC 14 had the cool option to update teams with one click of the button, players too.

One thing I feel is absolutely vital for console users in terms of the logo creator is the ability to enter the coordinates for nodes, instead of having to drag them and line them up, which is extremely difficult with analog sticks

Bigant has done everything that was required. Give them a break , they deserve it.
Let them focus on their next project.

Bigant has done everything that was required. Give them a break , they deserve it.

Done everything that is required!! Surely statistic tracking in a cricket game should be working correctly, which it clearly still isn't after 4 patches. You obviously don't play career mode.

Thank you for appreciating their work on my behalf too.

Taking time out and creating such amazing rosters, bats, etc and updating them constantly. This game wouldn't have been half as good without you guys. Honestly can't thank you people enough.

I do feel that BigAnt should make the Get Best team selection a manual process and consult one of you atleast once a month and select the updated teams or maybe give complete control to you people. The current method is flawed creating an upward bias.

And you people totally deserve some sort of a reward from BigAnt as a token of appreciation.

Last edited:

I beg to differ .

Online Play still has a Multitude of Bugs , even on the best Fibre Connections .

But Like I expected , every effort went into Patch 4 , and that was it for us.

We have to now live with what we have until the next version .

Unfortunately , I think a big chunk of the Loyal Fans , will refrain from buying the next version on day one , and first give it a skip for 6 months and 5 patches before getting in .

I beg to differ .

Online Play still has a Multitude of Bugs , even on the best Fibre Connections .

But Like I expected , every effort went into Patch 4 , and that was it for us.

We have to now live with what we have until the next version .

Unfortunately , I think a big chunk of the Loyal Fans , will refrain from buying the next version on day one , and first give it a skip for 6 months and 5 patches before getting in .

Yes, I am one of them. Having bought the two games on two platforms on day one, I'll definitely be skipping the day one buy. Because releasing half baked games twice and fixing it(sort of) in the next 6 months both times cannot be a coincidence. It's a decision. It's clear that they don't give a f**k about Steam, PS Store, Xbox Store ratings, because why care about ratings and reviews when you have an absolute monopoly.

They decided to go for aesthetics rather than putting focus on Gameplay and AI while somehow degrading the graphics too, and with their very very limited(negligible :facepalm) resources I'm not surprised the Day One version was in the state that it was. Let alone Gameplay & AI, how in the World would anyone justify Field sets not sticking in a Cricket game? In 2017? And considering the past they will probably start afresh with the next game again and would end up creating the same bugs from DBC 14 Day 1 and DBC 17 Day 1 and of course new ones.

But then if you create the Perfect Game and with the existing Cricket Academy with updatable rosters, many might not want to buy the next edition. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread