Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

I tried and failed :( I see a short delivery from a spinner outside off and try to late cut it but the superhuman wkt keeper "fly-dives" 10 feet to grab the catch. Have given up on playing late cut against spinners.
I have been able to play it to wider deliveries. I think what i have noticed is that you need to play very late. If you play little early the keeper sorto anticipates it. Try playing it late. Trust me it works

Has anyone noticed that the AI batters can't defend a bouncer? Every single bouncer I've bowled they try to attack, usually mis timing it and getting caught

For the patch n°5 or DB19

I suggest :
- Celebrations from the pavilion after a 50, 100,... or wicket in the animations (teammates and staff applaud, celebrate etc) or reactions of the pavilion after a wicket or umpire decision or during the last over (anger, disagreement, nail biting...)
- More shot styles (AB, Afridi,...)
- More shots selections
- More bowling styles (Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Bumrah, Ashwin...)
- More bowling selections (dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball...)
- Injuries (add a little bit of injuries)
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for a better public and supporters it can become very very realistic with that
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for the weather it can become very very realistic with that
- More animations with the interactions between bowler and batsman, bowler and umpire, batsman and umpire, between fielders, between captain and his fielders etc there's a lot of possibilities

Thank you BA !

For the patch n°5 or DB19

I suggest :
- Celebrations from the pavilion after a 50, 100,... or wicket in the animations (teammates and staff applaud, celebrate etc) or reactions of the pavilion after a wicket or umpire decision or during the last over (anger, disagreement, nail biting...)
- More shot styles (AB, Afridi,...)
- More shots selections
- More bowling styles (Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Bumrah, Ashwin...)
- More bowling selections (dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball...)
- Injuries (add a little bit of injuries)
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for a better public and supporters it can become very very realistic with that
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for the weather it can become very very realistic with that
- More animations with the interactions between bowler and batsman, bowler and umpire, batsman and umpire, between fielders, between captain and his fielders etc there's a lot of possibilities

Thank you BA !
For a start, EA own frostbite so that's not possible, also I don't think you realise how much a game engine costs. The crowd animations and bowler/batter animations definately won't come this game, but a good idea for the next one

Such a shame the stats issue still not fixed, sort of ruins a career mode in a cricket game. As anyone who watches and plays cricket knows cricket is all about stats. The fielding bug still a big issue but not a game breaker, stats however is for people playing career mode. The game is so close to being near perfect if only the issues mentioned above and the other issues everyone knows about from the bugs thread was fixed with another patch.

Below please find my rather detailed feedback on the current state of the Online Game , I dearly hope it is of use to Big Ant , to make this game even better :

I`ve had 13 x Online Pro20`s so far on Legend , and can report as follows :

The overall feel of the game is much more stable and responsive (Havent had a disconnect yet ), especially the batting and required footwork to execute shots . I can say it feels slightly easier to bat , which isnt a bad thing . It could be the ramp up effect of the Start up Confidence meters , maybe coupled with the stamina drain thats now solid . The inner ring fielders are slightly more responsive , but will still not dive or move sideways alot to stop shots played , but they are better than before . The throwing meter for certain fielders (Extra Cover , Point and Square Leg) are still buggered though.

The Keeper and Bowler now rarely dives head on into an oncoming returned ball . They even manage to take bails off after some catches , where before they had to sort of throw the ball to the wickets . They however still randomly let balls pass them , resulting in overthrow fours , (the backup fielder are then also not "aware" of the incoming ball)

On the bowling front , it feels basically exactly the same , couldnt really pick anything different up there .

Some Positives :

1. Fielding Preset`s , now "Stick" for the most part , you will only randomly find a guy that moved himself out of place , but because we disable the timer , one can allways move him back to his spot once you notice it.
  2. Pitch Types can be chosen , hooray !
  3. Havent seen an instance where the keeper just ignores a bouncer flying in reach of him .
  4. Not one Bat pad has been seen in the games so far (maybe not a positive , but rather that than the "too much" scenario . I can however see that the pads have become much more "bouncy" , with balls floating off them sometimes.
Some negatives :

1. The No. 1 persisting issue for Online Gamers now is the Glitchy runout scenario , where the batsman will set off for a run of own accord and then return (resulting in you getting out via direct hit) , or never to return with no means to cancel . This results in around 3 -4 Dismissals so far per Pro20 .
  2. Overthrows , thats not from the users mistake. Around 2 - 4 Times per innings
  3. 8 runs are still randomly given , especially when a ball is almost cut off on the boundary or a tap back that failed .
  4. When accepting a Saved Game file invite from your opponent , you can still not access your Preset Fields , and all logo`s are still gone .
  5. No Stat Tracking for any online games. My batsmen walk out each match with the same stats nothing updates or accumalates .
  6. On my own User Statistics page , my Total Innings are shown as 0 , (Ive played 142 Pro20`s so far) , resulting in my average thats now also wrong . This was 100 % correct before the Patch .
Below a Summary of the 13 Online Pro20`s I`ve Played in the Investigation into Patch 4 Online , just to give some background and context.
(All were played on Legend difficulty , against Players in my own Country)

Game No. 1
- Connection Strength :125 Orange

3 x Glitch Runouts
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 2 - Connection Strength :127 Orange

0 x Glitch Runouts
1 x Overthrow 4
1 x 8 Runs awarded instead of 4

Game No. 3 - Connection Strength :128 Orange

4 x Glitch Runouts
2 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 4 - Connection Strength :360 Green - UK Based opponent

0 x Glitch Runouts
3 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 5 - Connection Strength :125 Orange

2 x Glitch Runouts
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 6 - Connection Strength :116 Green

2 x Glitch Runouts
1 x Overthrow 4

Game No. 7 - Connection Strength :102 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
1 x Overthrow 4

Game No. 8 - Connection Strength :102 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
2 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 9 - Connection Strength :111 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 10 - Connection Strength :92 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 11 - Connection Strength :105 Orange

3 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 12 - Connection Strength :105 Green

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 13 - Connection Strength :66 Green (Local Mate with 20Mb Fibre)

1 x Glitch Runout
2 x Overthrow 4`s

I really think we need a last minor Patch 5 to nip the last remaining issues in the butt . If the Glitch runouts is the only thing that gets fixed , it would already have a massive effect on everyones game . You can imagine the swearing , everytime you lose your oke because of that. I can note that the above Counts of Glitch Runouts is only the instances where it costed a player a wicket , it happens throughout the game at random intervals , but it allways depends if the ball is on the same side where the glitch occurs for it to result in a wicket.

The Glitch Runout issue happens regardless of the Connection , as can be seen from the above sample. Alot of the Bugs I will mention below is also "Old" DBC14 Bugs that has nothing to do with the connection strength . For example : the Saved File Issue where the receiver dont get to access his preset , and logo`s gets jumbled up , custom players gets cencored . Some issues cannot be blamed on dodgy connections.

Here is my Checklist of what got Sorted and what not based on the 13 Games :

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it Better
2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw) Better
3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times No
4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired Yes
5. Random invisible Ball being bowled Yes
6. Bowler changing sides without that input given No
7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl. Yes
8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries No
9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment. No
10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match No
11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored No
12. Cencored Names for alot of players No
13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back No
14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it . Yes
15. Stuttering Framerates when Shadows become more and more Yes
16. Bowler and Keeper diving towards incoming throws Yes
17. Glitchy runouts , where batmen will randomly set off for a run , and then cancels , resulting in getting run out , with the slight variation where he never cancels the run , with no way for the user to get him to turn back . No

@HBK619 , @mikeymerren , @MattW

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the AI batters can't defend a bouncer? Every single bouncer I've bowled they try to attack, usually mis timing it and getting caught

Also, if you bowl full and far outside the off stump the AI inevitably goes for a lofty shot whether there is a fielder in the deep or not, leading to cheap wickets.

Below please find my rather detailed feedback on the current state of the Online Game , I dearly hope it is of use to Big Ant , to make this game even better :

I`ve had 13 x Online Pro20`s so far on Legend , and can report as follows :

The overall feel of the game is much more stable and responsive (Havent had a disconnect yet ), especially the batting and required footwork to execute shots . I can say it feels slightly easier to bat , which isnt a bad thing . It could be the ramp up effect of the Start up Confidence meters , maybe coupled with the stamina drain thats now solid . The inner ring fielders are slightly more responsive , but will still not dive or move sideways alot to stop shots played , but they are better than before . The throwing meter for certain fielders (Extra Cover , Point and Square Leg) are still buggered though.

The Keeper and Bowler now rarely dives head on into an oncoming returned ball . They even manage to take bails off after some catches , where before they had to sort of throw the ball to the wickets . They however still randomly let balls pass them , resulting in overthrow fours , (the backup fielder are then also not "aware" of the incoming ball)

On the bowling front , it feels basically exactly the same , couldnt really pick anything different up there .

Some Positives :

1. Fielding Preset`s , now "Stick" for the most part , you will only randomly find a guy that moved himself out of place , but because we disable the timer , one can allways move him back to his spot once you notice it.
  2. Pitch Types can be chosen , hooray !
  3. Havent seen an instance where the keeper just ignores a bouncer flying in reach of him .
  4. Not one Bat pad has been seen in the games so far (maybe not a positive , but rather that than the "too much" scenario . I can however see that the pads have become much more "bouncy" , with balls floating off them sometimes.
Some negatives :

1. The No. 1 persisting issue for Online Gamers now is the Glitchy runout scenario , where the batsman will set off for a run of own accord and then return (resulting in you getting out via direct hit) , or never to return with no means to cancel . This results in around 3 -4 Dismissals so far per Pro20 .
  2. Overthrows , thats not from the users mistake. Around 2 - 4 Times per innings
  3. 8 runs are still randomly given , especially when a ball is almost cut off on the boundary or a tap back that failed .
  4. When accepting a Saved Game file invite from your opponent , you can still not access your Preset Fields , and all logo`s are still gone .
  5. No Stat Tracking for any online games. My batsmen walk out each match with the same stats nothing updates or accumalates .
  6. On my own User Statistics page , my Total Innings are shown as 0 , (Ive played 142 Pro20`s so far) , resulting in my average thats now also wrong . This was 100 % correct before the Patch .
Below a Summary of the 13 Online Pro20`s I`ve Played in the Investigation into Patch 4 Online , just to give some background and context.
(All were played on Legend difficulty , against Players in my own Country)

Game No. 1
- Connection Strength :125 Orange

3 x Glitch Runouts
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 2 - Connection Strength :127 Orange

0 x Glitch Runouts
1 x Overthrow 4

Game No. 3 - Connection Strength :128 Orange

4 x Glitch Runouts
2 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 4 - Connection Strength :360 Green - UK Based opponent

0 x Glitch Runouts
3 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 5 - Connection Strength :125 Orange

2 x Glitch Runouts
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 6 - Connection Strength :116 Green

2 x Glitch Runouts
1 x Overthrow 4

Game No. 7 - Connection Strength :102 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
1 x Overthrow 4

Game No. 8 - Connection Strength :102 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
2 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 9 - Connection Strength :111 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 10 - Connection Strength :92 Orange

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 11 - Connection Strength :105 Orange

3 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 12 - Connection Strength :105 Green

1 x Glitch Runout
0 x Overthrow 4`s

Game No. 13 - Connection Strength :66 Green (Local Mate with 20Mb Fibre)

1 x Glitch Runout
2 x Overthrow 4`s

I really think we need a last minor Patch 5 to nip the last remaining issues in the butt . If the Glitch runouts is the only thing that gets fixed , it would already have a massive effect on everyones game . You can imagine the swearing , everytime you lose your oke because of that. I can note that the above Counts of Glitch Runouts is only the instances where it costed a player a wicket , it happens throughout the game at random intervals , but it allways depends if the ball is on the same side where the glitch occurs for it to result in a wicket.

The Glitch Runout issue happens regardless of the Connection , as can be seen from the above sample. Alot of the Bugs I will mention below is also "Old" DBC14 Bugs that has nothing to do with the connection strength . For example : the Saved File Issue where the receiver dont get to access his preset , and logo`s gets jumbled up , custom players gets cencored . Some issues cannot be blamed on dodgy connections.

Here is my Checklist of what got Sorted and what not based on the 13 Games :

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it Better
2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw) Better
3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times No
4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired Yes
5. Random invisible Ball being bowled Yes
6. Bowler changing sides without that input given No
7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl. Yes
8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries No
9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment. No
10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match No
11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored No
12. Cencored Names for alot of players No
13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back No
14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it . Yes
15. Stuttering Framerates when Shadows become more and more Yes
16. Bowler and Keeper diving towards incoming throws Yes
17. Glitchy runouts , where batmen will randomly set off for a run , and then cancels , resulting in getting run out , with the slight variation where he never cancels the run , with no way for the user to get him to turn back . No

@HBK619 , @mikeymerren , @MattW

Very nicely summarised.
Majority of the very big online community doest post here in forums..but the above point are all valid and needs to b addressed.

After playing the game extensively post Patch 4 (mostly career mode) the following items need to be prioritised in case there is Patch 5 :-

1. Stats - Stats are broken in the game and even though Patch 4 notes claim Stats are fixed, they are not. Cricket, and especially career mode, is heavily reliant on stats and if most of the stats (innings played, batting average, HS Score, no. of 50s etc.) are incorrect the career mode is practically useless.

2. Field Settings/Editor - The fields still don't stick all the time and quite often you see one fielder with a mind of his own. Changing the field essentially becomes a game of "Where's Waldo" where you are trying to find out which fielder is not at the right position instead of focusing on the game.

3. Too many bat-pads and the ball passing through the bat - Post Patch 4 you just know that you are going to edge one on to the pad and it's a question of 'when' and not 'if'. Result is that you see the ball pass right through the bat on various occasions even though the batting feedback system shows that Footwork, Timing and Shot Selection were all Good or Ideal. I never came across the issue of ball passing right through the middle of the bat before Patch 4 and I suspect it has something to do with bat-pads.

There are other items which need to be fixed such as Superhuman wkt keeper against spinners and close-in fielders still acting as meat shields (especially Short Leg) but IMO the above-mentioned items/bugs need to be given a priority, especially the Stats one. Longevity and replayability of the title depends a lot on career mode and without proper and accurate stats, the career mode doesn't have much of an appeal.

For a start, EA own frostbite so that's not possible, also I don't think you realise how much a game engine costs. The crowd animations and bowler/batter animations definately won't come this game, but a good idea for the next one

I know it's costly but it can be a way to have a partnership between EA Sports and Big Ants (I know it's not that easy but they can try) so EA Sports can bring the Frostbite Engine and their experience in cricket game's development to the next iteration of DB it can be an EA Cricket 19 :D

I know it's costly but it can be a way to have a partnership between EA Sports and Big Ants (I know it's not that easy but they can try) so EA Sports can bring the Frostbite Engine and their experience in cricket game's development to the next iteration of DB it can be an EA Cricket 19 :D
to be honest, i doubt big ant would even get a response from ea, unfortunately money is what drives ea, and cricket games just dont bring in much money

and EA ruin good studios

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Maxis (SimCity) - Purchased by EA in 1997; shut down in 2015. [Though EA says the "Maxis" brand will live on—and the studio currently behind The Sims continues to use the label—the Emeryville-based development house that served as the main descendant of what Will Wright created back in 1987 is officially no more.]

Mythic (Dark Age of Camelot) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2014.

Bullfrog (Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper) - Purchased by EA in 1995; shut down in 2001.

Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander) - Purchased by EA in 1992; shut down in 2004.

Westwood (Command & Conquer) - Purchased by EA in 1998; shut down in 2003.

DreamWorks Interactive/Danger Close/EA Los Angeles (Medal of Honor)- Purchased by EA in 2000; shut down in 2013.

Phenomic (SpellForce, BattleForge) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2013.

Black Box Games (Need for Speed, Skate) - Purchased by EA in 2002; shut down in 2013.

Pandemic (The Saboteur) - Purchased by EA in 2008; shut down in 2009.

PlayFish (The Sims Social) - Purchased by EA in 2009; shut down in 2013.

NuFX (NBA Street) - Purchased by EA in 2004; shut down in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread