Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

For the patch n°5 or DB19

I suggest :
- Celebrations from the pavilion after a 50, 100,... or wicket in the animations (teammates and staff applaud, celebrate etc) or reactions of the pavilion after a wicket or umpire decision or during the last over (anger, disagreement, nail biting...)
- More shot styles (AB, Afridi,...)
- More shots selections
- More bowling styles (Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Bumrah, Ashwin...)
- More bowling selections (dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball...)
- Injuries (add a little bit of injuries)
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for a better public and supporters it can become very very realistic with that
- Integration of Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine) for the weather it can become very very realistic with that
- More animations with the interactions between bowler and batsman, bowler and umpire, batsman and umpire, between fielders, between captain and his fielders etc there's a lot of possibilities

Thank you BA !
None of this really makes sense and as others have stated Frostbite is EA property... Let's focus on fixing things than cosmetics.

@MattW Any chance there could be a tiny 4.0001 to help with competition design that i thought had been added? To make pools and all that kind of thing

Not sure you're making any sense and being honest EA have nothing to do with patch 5 I agree with @passworistaco there needs to be at least some fixes to the issues.

and my comment has nothing to do with patches, it is to do with the EA, BA merger that was discussed in the posts above mine

With the growing market in India, there is potential EA will step back in to the Cricket genre at some point, but let's face it, all their attempts at cricket games were rubbish.Pretty sure BA didn't invest millions in to DBC 17 engine (a ground up rebuild over DBC 14) to throw it away and pay big $$ for a 3rd party engine that none of the programmers would have experience in. Stop dreaming, focus on reality. Whatever is wrong with DBC 17 I'm sure can be fixed. The netcode may need a complete overhaul from what I've read, but the actual single player experience is pretty solid bar a few annoying bugs/design choices.

Although the prospect of "Electronic Big Ants" Sports is tantalizing :P

and my comment has nothing to do with patches, it is to do with the EA, BA merger that was discussed in the posts above mine
Based on 0 (zero) fact, just gossip and spam can't see it happening... I feel, I hope Big ant have got more integrity than to sell out. The more healthy competition the better.

Let's stick to facts not old mans tales... Patch 5 should be about fixes and no cosmetic inclusions RIP alice bands and darker brown hair!

Based on 0 (zero) fact, just gossip and spam can't see it happening... I feel, I hope Big ant have got more integrity than to sell out. The more healthy competition the better.

Let's stick to facts not old mans tales... Patch 5 should be about fixes and no cosmetic inclusions RIP alice bands and darker brown hair!
It's all your fault for requesting too much Alice in Chains... or was it Alice Cooper... can't remember...

All I want is my batsmen to slide their goddamn bats!

It's all your fault for requesting too much Alice in Chains... or was it Alice Cooper... can't remember...

All I want is my batsmen to slide their goddamn bats!
And you would be right this is not cosmetic and should be part of DBC 17 as it is part of the game so, a patch to 'fix' things. I'll listen to Alice Cooper any day but I can't replicate myself in the game as there're not dark enough browns in the hair color scheme. And yes, all my fault blame the girl from Perth! I have confessed that I don't even wear alice bands.

And you would be right this is not cosmetic and should be part of DBC 17 as it is part of the game so, a patch to 'fix' things. I'll listen to Alice Cooper any day but I can't replicate myself in the game as there're not dark enough browns in the hair color scheme. And yes, all my fault blame the girl from Perth! I have confessed that I don't even wear alice bands.

And I can't get mild streaks of grey through my hair and beard without my player looking like Julian Assange... I just make a more attractive version of myself, usually with larger muscles and better sporting ability... Isn't that what it's all about? I'd be happy to have 11 clones of Mike Athurton if just one of them would slide their bat!

None of this really makes sense and as others have stated Frostbite is EA property... Let's focus on fixing things than cosmetics.

I started my message by : "For the patch n°5 or DB19" because it's a global suggestions not only for the 5th patch and when I talked about Frostbite I said "Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine)" there is a lot of good engines so BA can do good things with it and to me cosmetics will make sense in the next iterations and for the patch n°5 they've to focus on fixing things as you said

I started my message by : "For the patch n°5 or DB19" because it's a global suggestions not only for the 5th patch and when I talked about Frostbite I said "Frostbite Engine (or a similar engine)" there is a lot of good engines so BA can do good things with it and to me cosmetics will make sense in the next iterations and for the patch n°5 they've to focus on fixing things as you said
i know what you mean @jaym however the problem is they have to buy the engine (or rights to it whatever), as an estimation the frostbite engine (or similiar) would cost in the region of 1-10 million, which is probably similiar to big ants whole business

I think that earned stats should definitely be added to the the game because without in my opinion it half a game, every other games has it the last Don Bradman cricket had it,the EA cricket games had it,Ashes cricket 2009 had so on, I think this is a biggy in my opinion, stats are fundamental in cricket.

I'll be heading back to Ashes 09 at this rate!

To be honest i think they should work on the next DBC game now.
I dont really play DBC17 anymore sadly.

Yes, but let's live in the real world, not going to happen! They need to totally rebuild from the screw ups from DBC 17. Hindsight is a useful tool and we can all stand here and say they should have carried DBC 14 forward which would have been acceptable for BA but they decided otherwise. For what ever reason that decision was made we'll never know but if DBC 19 comes about many would treat it with trepidation. Too many silly little problems not game breakers but just make you think this is a damaged product.

5th patch is required. I'm hopeful.
Below fixes required(IMO).

Required:
1) Stats- End of the day cricket is a game of numbers. It should have been the base. Elementary.
2) Commentary- at least fix the wrong situational comments. Not expecting any drastic changes though.
3)Get best- still not working to it's best.
4)Hitwicket- heartbreaks when the batsmen just keep running back at their wickets.
5)Superhuman Wicketkeeper-suppose to be fixed in patch4.
6)Boundary fielding- Some of the tight rope dives/stops are not 4s but given.

Optional:
1) Cosmetic fixes- rain, turban.
2)Wides from spinners- haven't seen one till date.
3)Free hit field changes- against the rule of the game. Same batsman face but field position changes.
4)Batsman cross over after review.-this should be a easy one to fix.

Extra Mile:
1)Batpads- reduce the numbers. I want to keep my close in fielder intact.
2) Training camera angles-include the main ones at least.
3)AI Batting-end of the innings batting. Take short singles when available.
4)AI Fielding- Short singles are too easy.

BTW I have no clue on what's happening in the Online mode.

Users who are viewing this thread