Wimbledon 2007

Although I never posted in this thread, I love tennis :). I was hoping Bartoli will beat Venus because of her beating Maria :mad:, but still both of them were injured if you saw. 1 Hour and 6 minutes to go for the Men's final to begin, go Nadal!

Rafael Nadal looked incredibly nervous during his pre-match interview while Roger Federer looked laid back and calm in his. That nervousness is showing in the match too, Federer is 3-0 up.

Nadal showed some early-match nerves but soon started to settle into his normal game. He's improved on his volleying a lot as we saw in the first set; he came up to the net quite a bit. Late in the first set, Federer started to show some emotion, perhaps suggesting that it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. Looking forward to the rest of the match. Vamos Rafa!

Close game between two of the finest players in the game. I'm telling you, Nadal is going to win Wimbledon before Federer wins the French Open. Will it be this year though? Too close to call atm which is great.

Nadal has brought it back level to 1-1 in sets and he's winning 12-11. Go Nadal!

Set point for nadal. 2 of them. And Nadal plays a brilliant back hand down the line to give him the set.

1-1

Is Federer cracking? An easy drop shot over the net which goes straight into the net.
0-30 Nadal's way.

Federer crumbling under the pressure. 2 breaks in this set puts Nadal 3-0 up

Last edited:
Nadal is beating Federer 21-18. Federer made the mistake of dwelling too much on a ball that looked out but Hawkeye called in. It's really effecting him, I haven't seen him play as faulty as this for a long time.

Cmon Nadal I hope someone beats Fed on grass, bu if Fed wins I wouldnt be disapointed. It looks as if it will come down to the final set should be exciting!

That's the thing about Federer. He's a good bloke. So you don't mind if he keeps on winning and winning and winning.

But it seems like it's going to be a thriller of a match.
Nadal lead 5-1 in the 4th.

2001 was the last time there was a 5 setter in the final of Wimbledon.

Ivanišević defeated Pat Rafter 6-3 3-6 6-3 2-6 9-7

Named by many to be one of the most nerve-racking and exciting finals in open era history, it seemed that it had to be destiny for one of them to claim the All England Title. It was Goran Ivanisevic's fourth final and Rafter's 2nd. In defeating the Queenslander, Ivanisevic became the first wildcard and the first Croatian in history to claim the Wimbledon title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Wimbledon_Championships

Federer really pumps himself after that forehand. Federer rising to the occasion. Cmon Nadal!

Wow! A great servous game givesFederer a 5-2 lead. Will he win his 5th Wimbledon in a row and is 5th overall?

That is just an amazing back hand. Back to deuce.

Championship point for Nadal. Bad error there.

Can Federer win his 6th Wimbledon crown in a row?

Nadal to serve....

*Bounce *Bounce*.

FAULT!

OUT! Nadal servives another points.

Fault!
Championship point!

AND HE DOES IT! FEDERER! WHAT AN AMAZING PLAYER! IN 5 SETS! What a match!

Federer is in tears here!

He will go down as one of the best ever, if not the best ever.

He is very emotional. But he deserves it!

Nadal played brilliantly. But Federer really rised in the final set by breaking Nadal.

Last edited:
What a fantastic game that was throughout. Federer delivering at the crucial moment in the end and really the way he came back twice in the final set to prevent Nadal from breaking was fantastic.

But full credit to Nadal. To do what he did on grass was incredible and I'm sure its only a matter of time, injuries permitting, before the Spaniard wins here as well.

And for Fedex, well, five consecutive titles - brilliant achievement and well deserved. But he had to work the hardest for this one.

Looking forward to more games between these two and I'm confident Djokovic will also join these two to setup some awesome tennis matches in the future.

At the end of day, Nadal could not capitalize and convert the break points he created for himself. On two occasions, he had Roger Federer 15-40 down, and both times he gave it away. Perhaps he was over anxious or impatient. Nevertheless, Federer may have held the trophy aloft but in my eyes, Nadal is just much a champion as Roger Federer is on this day.

We now know that Rafael Nadal is capable of challenging Roger Federer for the Wimbledon Title. I can quite comfortably say that Rafael Nadal is better on grass than Roger Federer is on clay. Various people have said it before and I'll say it again- Nadal will win Wimbledon before Federer wins at Roland Garros.

Well done Roger Federer, it took some guts to overcome Rafael Nadal today! He's now won five titles in Wimbledon and he's still only 25 years old.
The quality of both the players today proved how far away Great Britain is from getting to a final let alone winning a Grand Slam. It was also ironic that the best weather in the tournament came when there was only two matches left to play!

Great game by Federer...It was a very good game and a very close one until Fed got the 4th game in the 5th set! Really well played by both!
Great to see a player on 25 and wins 5 Wimbledon titles in a row! Great!

Users who are viewing this thread