Windows Vista

How good will Vista be?

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Not too long before we finally get a new version of Windows.
What do you guys think it will be like?

From what I've seen it should be awesome, it's the next generation of compututing. They have done lots of changes to the interface of windows so it will be cool looking at something new. These in 3d is the one I am waiting for.

Windows? Windows? Windows?!?! After XP there's no chance im going with Windows again. For me it's Linux all the way! :)

What's the hardware requirement for Windows Vista if I am correct then it will be the first 64-bit Windows operating system.

Yeah, I love these new computers coming out. And my current computer is always stuffing up.

Here is the unofficial system requirements.

# CPU: x86-compatible 32-bit or x64-compatible 64-bit microprocessor(s) (Dual-core systems will be supported on all editions except Starter, and multiple physical processors are supported on Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions)
# Motherboard: ACPI-compatible firmware is required.
# Memory: At least 512 megabytes of physical memory. Microsoft is also encouraging the use of ECC memory to improve stability.[1]
# Graphics Card: A DirectX 9?compatible GPU that is capable of supporting Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) (only needed for aero glass) and has 64 megabytes of VRAM at minimum.
# Hard Drive space: At least 3 gigabytes for installation files, possibly more, depending on the edition of Windows Vista.
# Display: Copy-restricted high-definition digital content, such as next-generation HD DVD movies, can be displayed at a reduced resolution of 480p (DVD quality) or 540p if the copyright owner desires, unless viewed on a High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)-compatible monitor. Very few existing displays and retail video cards are compliant with this standard.

More info about Vista over here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista#System

experts say u need 1GB of RAM and atleast 128mb video card to run with somewhat smoothness

Last edited:
yes , a very good article, lowered my views on Vista.
But it is quite old, and many features have been tweaked.

Best to wait for it to come out and see what everyone has to say about. Or maybe you will go and take the risk and buy it straight away when it comes out.

Going to be a great OS. It'll give my 64 bit processor a great run. But i hope it doesnt have to run all 64bit programs like Windows XP 64 Bit Did (i read thta somewhere)

Users who are viewing this thread