PS3: WINNER of 1st UCC League - CHAMAN (Manager, Team Dublin Devil)

I have last pick :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's fine though, I like the ranking based system.

So from what i can see this is how my pic order will be:

1st Round: Legend Batsman - Last Pick
2nd Round: Spinners - 1st Pick
3rd, 4th & 5th Round: Pace Bowlers - Last Pick, 1st Pick, Last pic,
6th Round: Wicketkeepers - 1st pic
7th & 8th Round: All Rounders Last Pic, 1st pic
9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, & Final Round: Batsman - Last pic, 1st pic, last pic, 1st pic, last pic.

So at least I can decide now which Spinner and Wicket Keeper I want to go for lol

Quick question for @kushari

I can see 'Extras if any' written in the draft rules, does this mean we can select a player that is not currently in the draft but has played international cricket after 2004? Just wondering if I have that extra flexibility in case a player comes to my mind later and all the other players I want are taken. (Pace bowlers section is a bit of a worry for me because of the 10th pic lol)

No..Extras means, the player who were nominated by managers on or before 22nd May. Except for Legend Batsman, no ex players were considered (Thats why I could not even include A. Flintoff in the Draft, even after being proposed by a manager).

So the players mentioned in 1st Post are the final players eligible & available for this draft...

As for Pace bowler don't forget you will get 02 consecutive pick (10th & 11th Pick), that's in my opinion is better than picking 1st & 20th Pick..:D:D:D

----------

You can always pick Munaf Patel, can't he @kushari?

No Munaf Patel is reserved for @arjwiz only, as he has some special feelings for him too (beside Chanderpaul), which he cannot explain...:p:p:p:p:p:p

My 1st Pick would be Sachin Tendulkar.

@honu999 you guys should pick players in below format only.

01) honu999 - Sachin Tendulkar
02) Solomon -
03) arjwiz -
04) issue -
05) valerian140 -
06) bradthelad -
07) kushari -
08) chaman82 -
09) Acid Burn -
10) RIZZYX

@Solomon its your turn now..You have time till 0950 GMT/UTC (08 hrs from now) to pick your Legend Batsman, or else will move to next manager.:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

No..Extras means, the player who were nominated by managers on or before 22nd May. Except for Legend Batsman, no ex players were considered (Thats why I could not even include A. Flintoff in the Draft, even after being proposed by a manager).

So the players mentioned in 1st Post are the final players eligible & available for this draft...

As for Pace bowler don't forget you will get 02 consecutive pick (10th & 11th Pick), that's in my opinion is better than picking 1st & 20th Pick..:D:D:D

No problem, was just clarifying.

And yes being last does have it's benefits lol.

A little idea floating in my head, would love to have a money/coin system, in which each game earns the manager a certain amount of money/coins depending on the result (a bit like the bonus point system but with money/coins instead)

Then a list (transfer market) of legend/x players will be made available with a price for each one allowing managers to purchase players with the money they earn.

Also current players that managers already own could be sold to other managers for coins. So for example arjwiz could sell Gayle to me, and can use the coins to buy another player etc...

Like i said just a little idea. :cheers

A little idea floating in my head, would love to have a money/coin system, in which each game earns the manager a certain amount of money/coins depending on the result (a bit like the bonus point system but with money/coins instead)

Then a list (transfer market) of legend/x players will be made available with a price for each one allowing managers to purchase players with the money they earn.

Also current players that managers already own could be sold to other managers for coins. So for example arjwiz could sell Gayle to me, and can use the coins to buy another player etc...

Like i said just a little idea. :cheers

Good idea @RIZZYX but then the competiton will not be an equal playing field It will turn into Premier League there will be a team like Man City v Sunderland one team has $54 million dollars the other has $2 million dollars u wouldnt get that much money just an example there would be a big advantage. Just my thoughts :)

Good idea @RIZZYX but then the competiton will not be an equal playing field It will turn into Premier League there will be a team like Man City v Sunderland one team has $54 million dollars the other has $2 million dollars u wouldnt get that much money just an example there would be a big advantage. Just my thoughts :)

The money would be whatever we set it at, so it could be in the millions lol

I was thinking that.

But there could be limitations put in place like a maximum number of legend players, 3 per manager, so to buy another one a manager would have to sell an existing one back on the transfer market either at a fixed lower price back to the league owner or at an offer price to another manager.

In the long run we may end up with unbalanced teams matching each other if the current format of the league stays, but let's face it, there will always be a gap between the top players and the lower players even without having the best players, so may be a 2 division system would make sure the teams will be more evenly matched. (Say 2 divisions of 6 or more depending on number of managers, with bottom 2 from division 1 getting demoted and top 2 teams from division 2 getting promoted and earning some nice money in the process allowing them to buy some players etc...)

If you can elaborate and send me a proper proposal on your idea, I would be interested to have a look on...Any constructive idea and suggestions are welcome, but lets keep discussion about UCC league out of this thread, and if you have anything you can post it on UCC league thread...(I mentioned about UCC in response to Bradthelads comment)

Jee a proper proposal, that will make a little idea floating in my head sound so formal lol, i'll see what i can come up with by tonight or something.

Last edited:
Good idea and good discussion going on guys. Keep pitching with ideas like this, I will consider all Ideas with seriousness and try to implement as much as possible, without compromising the integrity of this League.

Did someone say match fixing :yes also could u ad Chris Cairns to Legend Batsman :facepalm

Could you also add Salman Butt, Muhammad Asif and Mohammed Amir please. :lol

On a serious note, Chris Cairns, a legend batsman? (Plus is it not too late now that the drafts have started?)

No more addition. There was a cut off time given precisely for this reason only. You guys needs to start respecting time, or else you will always be disappointed.....

Could you also add Salman Butt, Muhammad Asif and Mohammed Amir please. :lol

On a serious note, Chris Cairns, a legend batsman? (Plus is it not too late now that the drafts have started?)

@kushari @RIZZYX i dont want Chris Cairns on list lol i only said that because Brendon Mccullum and Lou Vincent dobbed him in for Match fixing the other day as player X.

How about a created player with respective managers name?? Of course not with Superman Skills...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread