Women's Internationals (Women's Asia Cup 2024 19 Jul - 28 Jul)

this is good for Asian cup... Sri Lanka (Chamari Athapaththu) team also did wonderfully against New Zealand..
While I accept, it is a more open playing field, it definitely concerns me that India, are spiralling down rapidly. Does it have to do with the frequent chopping changing of coahces? Or is it something else altogether?

While I accept, it is a more open playing field, it definitely concerns me that India, are spiralling down rapidly. Does it have to do with the frequent chopping changing of coahces? Or is it something else altogether?

The instability in the coaching staff, lack of attention or proper guidance and the silly selection policy are all to blame. Our women’s team is still in the dark ages on every support level compared to the men’s side.

Looked at the score when India were 4 down, almost turned on, ended up missing a tie.

Sounds like the umpiring was very home-favourable.

Edit- Harleen Deol got player of the match for 77, while Pinky scored 100 for Bangladesh. And no super over because the 'scheduled game time' was over.

Last edited:
I believe only the Kaur dismissal went against them, right?

Mandhana played a brilliantly slow innings, Kaur was slow herself. The rest of the lower order were as efficient as Courtney Walsh. Kaur blaming the umpires for a bad decision is alright, but she needs to blame her girls for not turning up as well.

Deepti and Devika- much was expected,but haven't really performed here.

I believe only the Kaur dismissal went against them, right?

Mandhana played a brilliantly slow innings, Kaur was slow herself. The rest of the lower order were as efficient as Courtney Walsh. Kaur blaming the umpires for a bad decision is alright, but she needs to blame her girls for not turning up as well.

Deepti and Devika- much was expected,but haven't really performed here.

Few pointers over the Kaur issue
1. She had no business smashing the stumps
2. Seems some decisions went against, calling out umpiring was a good move
3. Why have a series when you can't afford DRS?
4. Why did both umpires belong to the local team?
5. Fines are in accordance with ICC regulations
6. Bangla team should also be fined for walking out of the official photoshoot
7. Bhatia needs to be fiend for standing her ground too.

Lastly BCB complaining to the BCCI with change a dime here.

Users who are viewing this thread