Asia Cup 2008

Brilliant Work Sri Lanka....and Mendis....I have no words for him...nearly gave me a heart attack.

it was just like the last Asia Cup final....SL only posted 228 and everybody thought India would win...and they only managed to score 201. In 2005 they met again in Indian Oil Cup final at the same venue (R. Premadasa) and SL made 283 and Sehwag was off to a flyer and it was 62-0 in 6 overs. Sehwag hit Lokuhettige 26 in the sixth over. Next over Vaas came and rattled his stumps and it was the start of the India's downfall and SL won that match by quite convincingly.

Warning! Don't ever under-estimate Sri Lanka just because they've got a low score batting first. The magic spinners can turn it around.

Last edited:
lol i dont knwo his name actaully but good cricket carrer start for him

every new comer in cricket ahas a good sart remeber I pathan a htrick In pakistan

and see him no:D

A Mal..(?) you will be hammered by S tendulkr one he face you young boy :

LOL! Once again, A. Maldives :o:rtfl:laugh:watchtv!

Dhoni owned Ramiz Raja in the presentation ceremony.

"I've got some tough stats for team India. Since 1999, you have been in 22 finals and you've lost 17. This the 18th in fact."

"Well, it's disappointing you know, but still, you know, you are there in the finals, that is one of the good things can say, you know some of the teams they never even qualified for the finals."

pwned.

Dhoni owned Ramiz Raja in the presentation ceremony.

"I've got some tough stats for team India. Since 1999, you have been in 22 finals and you've lost 17. This the 18th in fact."

"Well, it's disappointing you know, but still, you know, you are there in the finals, that is one of the good things can say, you know some of the teams they never even qualified for the finals."

pwned.

hahahahahahahaha i missed the presentation. Dhoni said that? CLASS ... ABSOLUTELY Pwned

masti1234 added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

What are you smoking!? Pathan is a waste of space, a waste of flesh and an excuse for a bowler. He used to be good, now he's just god awful. Absolute garbage.

Agreed

masti1234 added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

A Madives was nothing a special bowler
Indian team has lost the match because of their poor batting side i reapeat there nothing special about the bowler
the senior their m murli wasn't that impressive because all players know his bowling tactic but A maldives was new so sehwag and team didn't get this player
after gairy Kirsten being the coach of India the team never won a series
we were good without the coach(prasad robin were good)
morever the over confidence of team has ended a lost for the indian team
Dhoni should have take a senior player Like S Ganguly Or R Dravid
He took a very bad team and notice not always a youngster works..
we need a senior player at least one to handle the pressure and win
if we had wickets we surely have won this game
Yuvi as usual was prone to spinners
Sehwag as usual gave a start and let us disappointing
the captain played his knock but not enough his coolness not always work
he should go around the striker end and advice his partner to just carry on roarting strike and have singles

at last Ipathan he never deserved the place in the team as he said he is not fit..
S lanka had nothing special but it was poor effort of india wjich resulted the 18 in line lost for the Indian team..

I agree strongly about the part that ONE senior should ALWAYS be in the team and by senior I mean Sachin or Sourav (Not so much Dravid, I think he's slow for ODI's so since Sachin is injured, I mean Sourav) Ofcourse Sachin should be the first choice. A blend of youth and experience is always better for ODI's

Example : Jaya and Mendis today :)

yep too many young blood in the team we need atleast 2 seniors to play people like yuvi thought be seniors but i dont belive it cuz he has failed through all the series even in australia i think he should be dropped

India are the biggest chokers I've ever seen, from any sport, ever. Get to a final, get in a good position and completely **** up. It's become so much of a joke these days, whenever India are in a final, I just stick a lump sum on the other side to win.

Pathan was awful this series, He needs to be dropped from the squad. Uthappa hasn't really had a chance to perform except in the final :p, But still has beent too consistent over the lasy year or so. Sachin and Zaheer should strentghen this side considerably. We can't rely on young players to perform all the time, we need exprience as proved today.

Same old story. India win and we say Dhoni's youngsters are awesome and if India lose its because Sachin is not playing.

Experience comes with time, and this match would have been a good experience for the youngsters.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

India are the biggest chokers I've ever seen, from any sport, ever. Get to a final, get in a good position and completely **** up. It's become so much of a joke these days, whenever India are in a final, I just stick a lump sum on the other side to win.

That is such a pointless comment. End of the day the final is still just another game.

mendis i absolutely brilliant,he ll be a challenge for batsmen world over.would be good to see him against the likes of tendulkar,dravid and laxman in the coming up test series.

Same old story. India win and we say Dhoni's youngsters are awesome and if India lose its because Sachin is not playing.

Experience comes with time, and this match would have been a good experience for the youngsters.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

That is such a pointless comment. End of the day the final is still just another game.

Why is it a pointless comment? 22 finals since 2001, how many have we won? Yes, that's right, TWO. Pathetic showing from an overrated team full of multi-millionaire spoilt players.

I agree. We didn't lose because of inexperience. We lost because we were simply outplayed on the day. It happens. India has a very bright future ahead of them. As for the senior player argument, the Yusuf Pathan/Robin Uthappa spot will be taken back by Sachin Tendulkar anyway (obviously he won't play that low down the order, I'm just saying who's going to face the axe). It's not only a matter of experience but also of ability and slow or not, I'm 100% sure Dravid would have handled the pressure better than Robin Uthappa.

Jayasuriya is a match winner. A lot is being said about Mendis, but credit to Jayasuriya for putting the runs on the board. You have to get him out in big matches like that.

I thought India were meant to be the best players or spin or something. ;)

lol at guys who were so confident of India winning before the match and would give unlimited reasons why India should run over Sri Lanka in this match. .CB series, earlier win against Sri Lanka in the tournament, this and that. And disagreeing with me on how good are Mendis and Vaas.

Video Analysis. Video analysis is not as good as guys think.

India lost because of Mendis. .not because of inexperience. They would have lost even if Sachin or Dravid would have played. I still would have bet for SL. It is about not exposed to mendis. The only way India could have won it if they wud have played him before.

Anyway great win for SL and rightly deserved win. :D

Fantastic win by Sri Lanka. They deserved to win to be honest, finally knocking some damn sense into the indian team and bringing our feet back on the ground.

Mendis is an absolute genius. What fantastic bowling, I haven't seen such a good spin bowler in a looong. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

India have a lot of thinking to do. Bowling department is in tatters, batting is inexperienced and full of holes. We need some solid players in the middle order and i've been saying this for a while now! Flash players like Sharma, Uthappa, and Yuvraj just aren't going to cut it at the international level. They need a lot of grooming before being tossed into the national side. Grooming that they will only get in the domestic level.

Getting back to bowling - agreed that flat decks were prevalent throughout but come on! Someone has to bowl with some heart to make something of them! I thought Manpreet Gony might have been an interesting option with his height and pace, getting some movement off the deck. We need to get some of these bowlers back in shape. Irfan, what happened to you! You were fantastic in the IPL, the bannana swing was back, but what happened man?!

Sri Lanka were the better side and deserved to win. Hats off! :hpraise

ehem twenty20 world cup. under 19 world cup

^ CB Series

I think the reason India lost this match was becasuse I don't think they watched enough tapes of Mendis. IF they did that, they would have had a better chance.

Users who are viewing this thread