Asia Cup March 2011/12

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'd go one step further and say that the BCCI probably pushed the BCB into making the protest. On their own, it just looks like petty complaining, but with the BCCI's backing, they would feel they have a good chance of getting their way.

You will be a good comedian but still need to brush up your skills a bit

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do you want to start this again? There was no need for this but I think you don't miss any opportunity to criticize BCCI eh?

We know that technology is not 100% and if they don't think it is reliable then why force them to do so? It's not like we are stopping it in every series, every series has the DRS except the series India is playing. So stop complaining and move on. Don't cry over BCCI's decision.

I'm allowed to dislike the BCCI just as much as anyone else is allowed to blindly love them. Works both ways dude ;) I have nothing against India, their team, their people, their culture. I love all those things, I'm perfectly within my right to dislike their board though, as in fact I do most boards in most sports in most of the world :p

Also, generally a :p means someone has their tongue in cheek, and is not being alltogether serious. Still, we could all just post really boring factual posts all the time... that would be fun :p

Indeed Sedition. I think this entire thing is a BCCI plot to undermine the entire world of cricket. First the Asia Cup, tomorrow? ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! :p

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is pathetic by BCB. We will lose all the respect that we got over the tournament. It wasn't Cheema's fault, Mahmudullah had to run around him like the Tendulkar-Lee incident.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Just read about this. Was wondering how long it would take for me loose my new-found respect for BD? Lol, just 2 days :p

Hah, rather than the BCCI, I think BCB has been in touch with Ijaz Butt on how to be complete morons.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Haha Papa Smurf, this kind of highlights my point really. Even the Bangladeshi board are fools! :)

With the BCCI's help obviously... :spy:p

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
BCB should accept the defeat and stop whining.... The whole Cricketing World paid some great remarks for bangladesh to be an emerging One Day Team and this is how BCB responded back.... :facepalm

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'm allowed to dislike the BCCI just as much as anyone else is allowed to blindly love them. Works both ways dude ;) I have nothing against India, their team, their people, their culture. I love all those things, I'm perfectly within my right to dislike their board though, as in fact I do most boards in most sports in most of the world :p

Also, generally a :p means someone has their tongue in cheek, and is not being alltogether serious. Still, we could all just post really boring factual posts all the time... that would be fun :p

Indeed Sedition. I think this entire thing is a BCCI plot to undermine the entire world of cricket. First the Asia Cup, tomorrow? ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! :p

I don't have any sympathy for BCCI as well and I also don't like some of the decision that they make but that does not mean I will argue or complain about every decision they make.

I think I forogt to see :p

:p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I don't have any sympathy for BCCI as well and I also don't like some of the decision that they make but that does not mean I will argue or complain about every decision they make.

I think I forogt to see :p

:p

Haha exactly, this obviously has nothing to do with them, but it gave me a small chuckle, and life is pretty dull without a few daily chuckles :yes :cheers

Addy

National Board President
I'd go one step further and say that the BCCI probably pushed the BCB into making the protest. On their own, it just looks like petty complaining, but with the BCCI's backing, they would feel they have a good chance of getting their way.

Spot on dude :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The BCCI in fact deliberately forced India to lose to allow this entire scheme to play out.

Seriously though for a second, I love how people have turned on Bangladesh a bit. The point I keep making stands, don't judge the players with the same wig and gown as you judge the board. The players still deserve the praise they got and earned.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All this doesn't take away from the fact that Bangladesh played brilliantly. Initially I thought of their success to be temporary, but they have beaten India, Sri Lanka and ran Pakistan so close.

This tournament has been great. Pakistan very closely didn't collect that bonus point against SL (they did it off 39.5 overs, and 2 more balls would have stripped off their bonus point). And that would have given India a final entry (Pakistan, Ind and Ban would have been tied on points, and with head-to-head being wiped out, India have the second best NRR). But I am not sure if an India-Pakistan final would have been as tight as the one we witnessed. In the final analysis, it was a great tournament though I would have loved to have seen India in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread