Women's Internationals (Women's Asia Cup 2024 19 Jul - 28 Jul)

Deepti, ok I got it... She is good in bowling but over rated for her batting skill... But, Smriti Mandhana??? You know that, she is top batter in women's cricket... By the way she (77 & 114 inn) need only 300 runs to beat Harmanpreet (105 & 138 inn) in both ODI and T20i score...
Saika Ishaque seemed like she'd make a good pick during WPL. I was surprised she didn't get selected

But, Smriti Mandhana??? You know that, she is top batter in women's cricket
Is she in form? No
High time we focus on current form than on past laurels.

Bangladesh used to be pushovers, but the way we played them makes them seem as strong as WI. It is a moral victory for BD. India women still have miles to go before they start dominating the game

Did I just see someone suggest axing Mandhana?!

Did I just see someone suggest axing Mandhana?!
Last 10 matches
1689297984567.png

Hardly worthy of a performance, eh? She has acquired demi-God status akin to Kohli in women's cricket and it seems she is unotuchable. Well, Indian women have had that problem over the ages- Raj(who stat-padded for personal gains), Kaur(that 171 carried her through years of bad form) and now Mandhana.

Last 10 matches
View attachment 280753

Hardly worthy of a performance, eh? She has acquired demi-God status akin to Kohli in women's cricket and it seems she is unotuchable. Well, Indian women have had that problem over the ages- Raj(who stat-padded for personal gains), Kaur(that 171 carried her through years of bad form) and now Mandhana.
Smriti is one of the best batters in the world, perhaps the one Indian that would get into Australia or England batting line ups in her preferred batting position.

Last 10 matches
View attachment 280753

This may be the silliest thing I’ve seen suggested here. Should Australia have dropped Smith because between the start of the Indian tour and the first Ashes test he scored only one hundred across eleven innings? Besides we’re not talking about the men’s team here where we have a plethora of candidates brimming with potential to step in, the women’s team is scarce of talent. Smriti’s 38 in the first game was the second highest score in a low scoring chase on a difficult pitch too, what on earth else do you need?

I have no idea why you keep taking potshots at the one Indian cricketer in Harmanpreet who actually steps up and delivers in the big games. She literally scored a fifty in the very next game after the 171* and also in the next series! I also think playing the finest knock in Indian WC history across genders gives you a bit more leeway and security over your spot especially in the absence of a scarce talent pool.

I genuinely suggest you follow the Indian football team if you keep getting frustrated with the cricket one. I may just make a post in the Indian thread highlighting why to many of our brethren who are currently disillusioned with the cricket team.

I have no idea why you keep taking potshots at the one Indian cricketer in Harmanpreet who actually steps up and delivers in the big games. She literally scored a fifty in the very next game after the 171* and also in the next series! I also think playing the finest knock in Indian WC history across genders gives you a bit more leeway and security over your spot especially in the absence of a scarce talent pool.

Harmann bats illogically, without considering the match situation. Her form is quite erratic. Raj used to stat-pad, but atleast, she was consistent in scoring. I cannot say the same for Kaur.

Smriti is one of the best batters in the world, perhaps the one Indian that would get into Australia or England batting line ups in her preferred batting position.

Given the demi-God status she has achieved, it doesn't surprise me. She is a good batter, I wont disagree, but currently she hasn't been in the best of form, for quite some time. Benching her might be good for both- her and India.

Harmann bats illogically, without considering the match situation. Her form is quite erratic. Raj used to stat-pad, but atleast, she was consistent in scoring. I cannot say the same for Kaur.

Given the demi-God status she has achieved, it doesn't surprise me. She is a good batter, I wont disagree, but currently she hasn't been in the best of form, for quite some time. Benching her might be good for both- her and India.
Dropping Smriti and Harmanpreet seems like sound logic.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 03.38.15.pngScreenshot 2023-07-14 at 03.37.51.png

Nobody talks batshit about my SM!

To be honest, SM & Kaur's presence isn't making them win games. India has barely scraped through the current BD series. What could go wrong- we will still end up losing a few games- no harm in it given that we are already kind of on a downward trend.

@icyman 95% of your opinions have been blasted yet you continue to play the sofa Miandad role in every thread. Maybe don't think so highly of yourself and your own opinions and be willing to learn.

It's nothing personal, I'm just pointing what I've seen whenever you comment about anything related to cricket. I've never seen the forum unite against any cricketing opinion like they have against yours

Users who are viewing this thread