Women's Internationals (Women's Asia Cup 2024 19 Jul - 28 Jul)

It's a shame that our game against New Zealand turn out like this.

They always have the potential to push us but haven't been able to. I hope West Indies click against us.

Do or die for England next few games.

4 matches 4 defeats!

This World Cup is turning out to be a contest amongst who will face Australia in the Finals (and lose)!

The gulf between the Aussies and the other nations is huge. Unless the other boards invest substantially, afraid the WWC's will go down this route only.

India simply cannot complete. Its not just today's game, even in the previous games, the batting has been a let down.

Today was the perfect opportunity to close the door on England. Especially, when you are on a high after thumping the West Indies, one would expect a better showing.

The only positive for me was Smriti Mandhana. She has been the lone star in the recent ODIs and should be elevated to the captaincy shortly. High time Mithali is booted out alongside Harman. India actually missed a trick by not fielding Jemimah and the others.

Once again, sad campaign for India.

My bet is that Australia and South Africa are though to the KOs. The next 2 games are important in many ways given that it could determine the future of 3 teams in this WWC. For India, England and New Zealand the next game is nothing short of a litmus test.

In many ways, the Eng vs NZ game is a sort of pre-quarter-final of sorts. Both teams would fancy wining the remainder of their fixtures. However, a loss in the next one, might just impeded their progress.

If India lose to Australia, am prepared to bet they will lose to Bangladesh as well.

Last edited:
Australia are way ahead of the pack. After having a look at the last 2 games that were played, its evident that they won convincingly, but the fact to be noted here- South African fielding was pathetic and India actually stiffled them in the run chase. I think Australia's biggest challenge will be in the semi-finals. They will be up against either of England/ India, both of whom would have played out of their skins in order to reach there. I have a feeling if they meet England, they may not make it to the Finals.

Now, India- I think they are really pathetic. The team hasn't played great cricket that it deserves to be a contender. I'd have been happier to see NZ in that position, as NZ lost a few very close games. But given the situation, India, England, SA and WI have a great chance at making the semis here.

New Zealand, all but knocked out on their home turf. much has to do with scheduling 5 meaningless games against India prior to the start of the World Cup. Had NZ invited and played against Eng/ SA/ Aus, they might have been in a better shape to reach the semis.

Playing a team like India back-fired. NZ won easily and carried over that fake sense of accomplishment into the World Cup. To draw parallels, its the men's equivalent of Aus/ Ind inviting Zim/WI to play a 5 match series prior to the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread