Women's Internationals (Women's Asia Cup 2024 19 Jul - 28 Jul)

AFAIK, India almost beat Australia in Australia in a bilateral series in Women's ODIs and recently they successfully chased down the biggest score against Australia in Australia.

So it's a little exaggeration to call them pathetic. How many teams have actually played the kind of Cricket India have in the last 5 years? Infact, India have consistently played the likes of England & Australia (these are the toughest teams in Women's Cricket).

MAte, we are consistently playing the big ones cause our board gets its way. The team's performance against the Top teams remains pathetic and its appalling that India has never been able to match to the likes of the top nations.

The wins you mention- I'd liken them to flukes. If we were really competitive, we ought to have qualified for the semis by now. I'd even go as far as to say that the finalist tag of 2005/2017 came via flukes as well. For India to succeed, the out dated cricket needs to be replaced, starting with captain Raj and vice Harman.
Post automatically merged:

How many teams have actually played the kind of Cricket India have in the last 5 years?

Honestly doesnt matter how well you played for the last 5 years, if you cant get it done when its needed the most.

The team's performance against the Top teams remains pathetic and its appalling that India has never been able to match to the likes of the top nations.
Top nations? Who apart from Australia and England have been consistent for long enough?

I get it that they need an overhaul, but to call them downright pathetic actually seems unnecessary given the nature of Women's Cricket.

Ah yes, the team that was the finalist in the previous two white ball format WCs is pathetic.

Call the team's tactic outdated due to them placating a certain legend in that batting lineup but to call this side pathetic is ludicrous.

I still say, India lacks consistency in performance. Their performances against Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa arent much to go by.

Finalists in the last 2 limited overs edition-the 2017 one was largely due to a Harmanpreet inning, whoch hasnt really been replicated by her any time during the last 4 years. As for the 2020 T20, any team that gets a walkover to the finals, isn't worthy IMO.

Good start this from Shefali Verma.

Simple equation - win the match and qualify for the semis no rr bullcrap.

Meanwhile Bangladesh with the ball did well to trouble English Batters at 96/4 they had Australia in similar situation in their last game as well in low scoring encounter.

The Indian captain's stat padding obsession will cost us the game. For the benefit of the ciewers as well, hope she is dismissed in the next 2-3 overs. Excruciatingly painful to watch her bat. Reminds me of MSD in CWC19

Not a good finish this.

Atleast 300 should have been scored given the start we had.

The Indian captain's stat padding obsession will cost us the game. For the benefit of the ciewers as well, hope she is dismissed in the next 2-3 overs. Excruciatingly painful to watch her bat. Reminds me of MSD in CWC19
Has she always played like this or there was time she was fearless like came huge on the scene, blasting 183*?
If it's the latter I would say it's stat padding or else it was always her style.

After 40 overs we were like 230 odd so should have posted at least 300 here. Raj & Harman shouldn't bat together tbh, they just suck out all the momentum! SA doing it easily here..

Has she always played like this or there was time she was fearless like came huge on the scene, blasting 183*?
If it's the latter I would say it's stat padding or else it was always her style.
She has slowed down considerably during the last 4/5 years. Agree that people age and arent the same over a peiod of time, but her batting has recently been sucking out the momentum on many a occasion.

Ideally, India seem to be 30-40 short here. The match is poised excellently, but I still feel SA will get over the line.

Users who are viewing this thread