Story World Championship in WI....

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I will be playing as Pakistan (50 over matches), I am still very inexperienced in Hard Mode, so it should be exciting. The only patch I'll be using is the runout.exe patch. Again, I'm very inexperienced at Hard Mode.

Only problem is that, I can't get the 'attachment' button to work for me, its my computer, I know that much, but anybody know of any other way to post screenshots here?

Anyhoo, here's the lineup I'll primarily be playing with:

Imran Nazir
Younis Khan
Shoaib Malik
Inzamam-ul-Haq (C)
Yousuf Youhana
Muhammad Amir (custom player whose talents are equivalent to Razzaq's)
Moin Khan (wk)
Shahid Afridi
Mohammed Sami (B2)
Danish Kaneria
Shoaib Akhter (B1)

I will start later on today or tomorrow.

best of luck to you. and i hope it doenst get stopped by a disaster like mine did. Galle was flood by water and luckily the match wasnt going on then.

voldemort said:
best of luck to you. and i hope it doenst get stopped by a disaster like mine did. Galle was flood by water and luckily the match wasnt going on then.
As long as there are no Hurricanes it should be fine.

Going to go start now, got delayed due a blizzard and had to go out and clean the driveway, all the players helped. At first, Inzi wouldn't but then offered him a glass of Lassi, and wouldn't you know it, he was shoveling faster than Shoaib Akhter. :p

Still waiting for suggestions on how to post pix up here. :help

Alright here we go. I started a new World Championship Tournament with random order in WI (50 over matches). Randomly selected by the computer, here are the countries in groups A and B
The first scheduled match was between Zimbabwe and New Zealand in which NZL beat Zim by 5 wickets. Second match was between Aus and WI, in which Aus won by 7 wickets. The third match, and probably the one everybody is waiting for, will be held between Pakistan and India at Bridgetown.
The match is set to play under the not so enjoyable conditions, dark clouds hovering over the stadium, good chances of rain, windy. But it was a good batting pitch, so that's a plus.
Pakistan won the toss and elected to field, a bit of a gamble on this pitch, but then again Inzamam-ul-Haq likes to gamble. Here are the starting line-ups for India. For the Pakistani line-up, refer to the first post.

Both teams look very excited to start their first match of the WC.

Attachments

• pitch.jpg
    pitch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 177
  • groups.jpg
    groups.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 172
  • indline.jpg
    indline.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
The Indian openers (Tendulkar and Sehwag) looked determined to post a huge total and started their innings with scoring a double on the very first ball and a boundary on the second. Shoaib Akhter was very worried until Tendulkar played a powerful on-drive that was supposed to go over Inzamam's head, but apparently wasn't powerful enough. Tendulkar caught on the third ball of the first over, what a terrible blow for India.

Next man in, Ganguly. He hits a four on the first ball. The Indians are playing way too aggressively, it might cost them, and it did. Ganguly edged Akhter's straight delivery back to the keeper on the last ball of the over. Ganguly gone on only his third ball. What an exciting first over for the Pakistani fans. India is 10/2.

Now its time for Dravid (the new man in) and Sehwag to post a big partnership in order to save India. But their hopes were crushed when Dravid tried to a hit a six on Sami's delivery and got caught on the boundary by Shahid Afridi, the partnership ended with only 23 runs. A couple of overs later, in Danish Kaneria's first over, Sehwag left the crease to hit an extravagant four but missed the delivery and allowed Moin Khan to get his first stumping of the tournament. And just in the next over, Kaif got runout trying to score a double where there wasn't one. India 45/5.

After that, even though the rest of the team dragged the innings to almost the very end, there were no major contributions. The whole Indian was bowled out at 120 runs. A very poor batting performance by India.

The first screenshot is of Sehwag's stumping, second of Yuvraj Singh's getting out by Afridi, and the third of Harbhajan completely missing Akhter's straight delivery.

Attachments

• stumped.jpg
    stumped.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 155
  • lbwshahid.jpg
    lbwshahid.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 152
  • harb.jpg
    harb.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 150
Pakistan's reply tomorrow. Here's the scorecard.

Attachments

• scorecard1.jpg
    scorecard1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 148
  • bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 146
  • bowlpak.jpg
    bowlpak.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 140
The Pakistani batsmen were confident they were going to beat India after such a poor batting performance from the opposition. But they knew it wasn't gonna be easy. India gave Pakistan a hard time wit hvery tight fielding and good bowling. Not unlike India, Pakistan gave up early wickets.

First to go was Imran Nazir in Balaji's first over, who tried to play a quick leg glance and allowed Tendulkar to take a diving catch. In his second over, Balaji forced Younis Khan to play a powerful on-drive that got caught not too far away from the pitch by Mongia. Pakistan desperately needed a good partnership, and they got one when Yousuf Youhana stepped in after Shoaib Malik's runout.
Imran Nazir's wicket
imran7ck.jpg

Inzi and Youhana frustrated Indian bowlers for the next 45 runs, after which Youhana got bowled by Nehra on a cracking delivery. But the damage had been done.
youhanabold8na.jpg
Pak team only needed 48 runs to win, and for a while it seemed as if Inzi and the new batsman Amir would finish it up. But Indian bowlers hadn't given up yet.

Harbhajan finally came in to bowl in the 34th over, not sure why so late, and took Inzi's wicket in his first over, and a couple of overs later Moin Khan's leg fell victim to the Turbanator.
moinlbw6fm.jpg
Throughout this spell, Amir kept taking singles whenever there was an opportunity and led Pakistan to victory with 9.1 overs and 3 wickets left.

Here is the scorecard, and as you can see, Pakistan played very defensively, but still ended up giving wickets away, good bowling from India.
scorecard27rf.jpg

batpak4pt.jpg

bowlind0jv.jpg

After this match, South Africa went up against Kenya and thrashed them, winning by 10 wickets. England beat Namibia by 6 wickets, SL beat Canada by 8 wickets, NZL beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets, and Australia beat Netherlands by surprisingly only 13 runs. Here are the standings so far:

stand6cj.jpg

And the next match is:
nextmatch4zl.jpg

I hope you areall enjoying this as much as I am. I will play the next match hopefully tomorrow.

groobz said:
Inzi had a good captains knock :)
Yes he did, too bad he wasn't able to complete his half-century, damn that Harbhajan!!!!! :p

I wasn't able to finish the first innings in the next match (Pak vs. Zim), but I will be doing that tomorrow. Pakistan elected to bat first and scored 30/0 after 7 overs. Will try to post screenshots and results tomorrrow, got to go to work now. :mad

I think Akhtar should be at no. 10 rather than kaneria.

HELP!!

I need your guys' help on something. I was playing the match against Zimbabwe, and after the 21st over, the game just kinda froze. I keep hitting resume to start the next over and nothing happens. I can browse the statistics, etc, but I can't play the game. I tried saving the match on a different .sav file, it didn't help. The only way to advance the tournament is to forfiet the match it seems.

Any suggestions people? I really dont wanna forfiet, Pakistan was 99/3 in 21 overs, the Zimbabweans were able get 3 outs early but Pakis were making a comeback and scored 18 runs just in the last two overs.
:help
:help

Users who are viewing this thread