Story World Championship in WI....

another ea bug
i suppose.
but sav tweak wont help
really dont know what will help

have you tried pressing ESC to quit the pause or end of over menu? try it it might work.

voldemort said:
have you tried pressing ESC to quit the pause or end of over menu? try it it might work.
I have tried all that, and everything else I could think of as well. I already forfieted the match, and am playing against NZL right now, a much better contest anyway, will post screenshots of the first inning in a few hours.

nightprowler10 said:
What can I do in SavTweak to fix this problem? I'll do anything...... :crying
I though u could play as the other team with sav tweak and then switch back, might have helped.........

HELP!! I need your guys' help on something. I was playing the match against Zimbabwe, and after the 21st over, the game just kinda froze. I keep hitting resume to start the next over and nothing happens. I can browse the statistics, etc, but I can't play the game. I tried saving the match on a different .sav file, it didn't help. The only way to advance the tournament is to forfiet the match it seems. Any suggestions people? I really dont wanna forfiet, Pakistan was 99/3 in 21 overs, the Zimbabweans were able get 3 outs early but Pakis were making a comeback and scored 18 runs just in the last two overs.

same prob is faced by me

ZoraxDoom said:
I though u could play as the other team with sav tweak and then switch back, might have helped.........
Oh yeah, tried that too. When I play that saved game now, it goes for exactly an over and then the same thing happens over and over again. I even tried the autoplay option, no luck.

Abandoned!!!!

As you all know, I had to abandon the match between Pak and Zimbabwe, what a bummer, I was hoping to make 250+ on that pitch.
abandon8rq.jpg
Anyhoo, after the match was abandoned, these are the matches that were played in this order and their results:
  • England vs. India - England won by 4 runs
  • Sri Lanka vs. South Africa - Sri Lanka win by 8 wickets
  • Namibia vs Bangladesh - Namibia win by 3 runs
  • Canada vs. Netherlands - Netherlands won by 3 runs
  • WI vs. Kenya - WI win by 22 runs
Here are the standings so far
stand8ak.jpg

match8qt.jpg

PAK vs. NZL

It was a great day for playing cricket, hot and sunny. A good batting pitch, but their is a lot for the pacers as well. Spinners like Vettori, Kaneria, Shoaib Malik shouldn't have a problem making good use of the pitch as well.

pitch1qj.jpg

Pakistan won the toss and elected to field. A good batting pitch, but I'm sure Inzi chose to field due to the fact that Pakistanis do a better job of chasing a total rather than defending one, and Pakistan needs this win. Here are line-ups:

pakline6uz.jpg

nzlline0gn.jpg

Last edited:
hope this one is not abandoned.
really feel sorry for you as your loss column has one loss in it

First Inning

New Zealand made a very slow start, scoring only 5 runs from the first 4 overs. The batsmen were feeling bogged down by great bowling from Akhter and Sami, which led to McMillan trying to hit a six in the 5th over that got caught on the boundary. NZL 5/1 in 5 overs. Akhter's bowling was very accurate and he was able to bowl 3 maidens in just his first spell. For the next 23 overs, Fleming and Astle successfully warded off all attacks from the bowlers, but at the same they weren't able to score much at all. Throughout most of the inning, the run rate was just above 2 an over!!! It was looked as if the Kiwis were going to post a lower total than India did against Pakistan. But things picked up a bit for them when Malik's off spinning got rid of Fleming and an over later Styris, both lbw's on identical deliveries.

fleming3bl.jpg

styrislbw2pz.jpg

Next man in was Cairns, and between him and Astle, who had already scored 30+ runs, more than 50 runs were put on the board for NZL in just a few overs. Things were looking up for NZL until Danish Kaneria took out Astle in his second spell with a brilliantly disguised top spinner.

astlelbw2qs.jpg

After that wicket, in Akhter's second spell of bowling, he ran through the NZL line-up and made it impossible for NZL to put up a decent total. At the end of the inning, NZL were 176/9, and Akhter's tight bowling allowed him to take 6 wickets!!!

Pakistan's inning will follow later today, have to goto sleep now :p

Last edited:
Here is the scorecard and other statistics. As you can see by looking at Fleming's stats, that 23 overs partnership between him and Astle was a very slow one.

score10go.jpg

nzlbat6qg.jpg

pakbowl3lk.jpg

Astle lit up the stadium!!!

I have to admit, for as long as I have been playing hard mode, no batsman has done such a great job against me as did Astle, so I decided to give him a separate post. He frustrated every bowler, defending every such delivery that was the least bit threatening, but when the time was right, he began aiming for the flood lights. Its too bad he wasn't able to complete his century.

astle505sy.jpg

astlewalk0tz.jpg

astlespider4sh.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread