Story World Championship in WI....

Pakistani bowlers do it again. And a disappointing inning from SAF, especially after a great start. Here are the statistics from the first inning, as you can see, besides the openers, nobody really got going, Kallis being the only one to get a double-digit score.

score8pl.jpg

safbat6at.jpg

pakbowl9eh.jpg

Pakistan's reply either later today or tomorrow.

Good bowling, but also about what SAF is playing like this season...I must say my team is really dissapointing me currently.

Pak_cricketer said:
in your last game Malik shouldve been man of the match!!!

oh well good luck for the rest of the tourny!

You really think so? Maybe you're right, he did take two very important wickets. Oh well, we'll just say they didn't give him MOTM because they didn't like his bowling action. :p

Johann said:
Good bowling, but also about what SAF is playing like this season...I must say my team is really dissapointing me currently.
Just like everything that goes up must come down, everything that goes down must bounce back up. :D

Second Inning

Pakistani openers blasted away from the start, hitting boundaries on every bad delivery. Within 9 overs Pakistan were already at 48 runs, when Imran Nazir played a loose shot towards Greame Smith, who caught it with ease.

imran4ec.jpg

With Younis Khan still on the crease and looking very confident, he and Shoaib Malik put up a fast paced 62 run partnership, which ended with Malik getting runout trying to get a triple where there wasn't one.

malik9vv.jpg

In came Inzi, who along with Younis Khan put up another 44 runs, after which Pakistan needed only two runs to win, when Inzi decided to hit out to win the match, but completely missed the delivery by Ntini. Here's the result:

inzi2hp.jpg

Youhana came in and scored the winning run for Pakistan. Younis Khan remained not out at 69.

Pakistan are going to the finals!!!!

Here are the stats from the secong inning, Muhammad Amir was declared Man of the Match for his destructive 5/28 in 10 overs:

score20ac.jpg

pakbat5cc.jpg

safbowl3vv.jpg

In the second semi-final, Sri Lanka were able to defeat Australia by 3 wickets to advance to the WC final!!!

The final will be between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

World Championship Final: Pakistan vs. Sri Lanka

The moment you've all been waiting for, the final of the World Championship between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Both teams have played well throughout this tournament, but due to big wins in the recent past and their record against SL in this tournament, Pakistan are the favorites to win the trophy.

The match was held at Georgetown. There wasn't much sun out there, so it wasn't the ideal weather for playing cricket, but a good hard pitch is what mattered. Pakistan won the toss and decided to bat first.

pitch8nz.jpg

pakline4zj.jpg

slline6lh.jpg

Here we go!!!!

First Inning

The Pakistani openers made a slow start to the game scoring only 6 runs in the first 2 overs. This frustrating slow rate resulted in Imran Nazir playing a loose shot towards the on side in the fourth over, which got caught at the boundary by Dilshan. A bad start for Pakistan turned good with the arrival of Malik, who along with Younis Khan started troubling the opposition by scoring some quick runs. The runrate rose quiet a bit until Murali came in to bowl, who then forced the batsmen to rely on singles with his great spinners. On one such single, Shoaib Malik got runout for the umpteenth time in this tournament, ending a 52 run partnership.

Just a couple of overs later Younis Khan finally gave his wicket away thanks to a cracking off-spinner by Murali.

younis3wn.jpg

With Youhana and Inzi on the crease, a big partnership was expected. The two batsmen put up 52 runs on the board before Youhana gave away his wicket as well after carelassly trying to hit out at Dharmasena's delivery.

youhana7ip.jpg

With Youhana gone, Inzi seemed to be the only tough batsman left in the Pakistani line-up. But Amir proved to be just what Pakistan needed at this time, for he, along with the captain, put up a 70 run partnership, the biggest of the day so far. Both Inzi and Amir eventually made 50+ runs.

inzi503hn.jpg

amir508se.jpg

Notice Amir's bat...... :D

Their 70 run partnership, which put Pakistan close to 200, ended with a great delivery by Dharma that sent Inzi's bails flying off the stumps.

inzi5zl.jpg

Just a few runs later Moin Khan got legged before by Chandana, and Afridi got runout scoring a quick single. Just a few balls after getting his first 50 of the tournament, Amir finally gave up his wicket to a decieving spinner by Jayasuria.

amir8ms.jpg

Thanks to some quick scoring by the tail-enders, Pakistan were able to drag the score to 241 all out with 7 balls left in the inning. Here a screen shot of Akhtar hitting the only six of the inning.

sixer6ot.jpg

Here are the stats from the first inning. Inzamam-ul-Haq was the best from the Pakistani side, his partnerships of 52 and 70 with Youhana and Amir proved to be very useful for his team.

score16hl.jpg

pakbat0hg.jpg

slbowl9rq.jpg

Sri Lanka's reply tomorrow.

I like the bat your custom player is using...do you make bats? If so...could you make one for me?

Yo nightprowler10 please don't mind I gota ask you somethin, how come the user team, I mean Pakistan scores over 200 almost 250 and the cpu team scores only about 140-150, even Australia..... Any way good work man ....

ZoraxDoom said:
I like the bat your custom player is using...do you make bats? If so...could you make one for me?
That is the only bat I've ever made, so I can't say I'll do a good enough job at any other bat, but go ahead and post a file of the bat you want made, and I'll give it a shot.

preet said:
Yo nightprowler10 please don't mind I gota ask you somethin, how come the user team, I mean Pakistan scores over 200 almost 250 and the cpu team scores only about 140-150, even Australia..... Any way good work man ....
Because the original AI sucks. Next tournament I play will be played with AI patches, so I'll actually lose games.

Users who are viewing this thread