Story World Cup 1992 - played as T20: Match 3 ENGLAND V SRI LANKA

I've fixed the Pakistan line up. A thing to be aware of: all the teams have custom stadia from Australia/ New Zealand to create the tournament. With adboards this is unplayable on PS4. I'm currently going through deleting all the adboards before I restart what will be my 4th or 5th attempt at this bloody competition!

Either search for username 'mrdconnors' or search for team name containing '%92%' and you will see all the WC92 teams. But download the ones created or uploaded by 'mrdconnors'.
Oh, so I need to use wildcard. I was searching for 92 and got nothing. I'll try searching the way you've mentioned or using user name 'mrdconnors'.

I've fixed the Pakistan line up. A thing to be aware of: all the teams have custom stadia from Australia/ New Zealand to create the tournament. With adboards this is unplayable on PS4. I'm currently going through deleting all the adboards before I restart what will be my 4th or 5th attempt at this bloody competition!

I deleted all the stadiums and assigned the default OOB stadiums (Sydney Cricket Ground, Melbourne Ground, Adelaide etc.) as the home stadiums.

With adboards this is unplayable on PS4. I'm currently going through deleting all the adboards before I restart what will be my 4th or 5th attempt at this bloody competition!

Due to stutters and lags or some other reason?

Due to stutters and lags or some other reason?

Yep frame rate goes to pot. I think it's the adboards, I've generally been Ok in custom stadia until now. Have removed all the adboards and see how it goes.

Reactions: Pat
Using my old school MCG for the final? :P

Was hoping to play with that and the old adelaide oval someone else did too. Unfortunately the frame rate in custom stadiums is now unplayable. I find this odd as I used custom stadiums a lot in my rebel tour and it was always fine. Maybe it's the combination of stadiums and bats? I don't know...

Anyway tomorrow I will make my 6th or 7th attempt to start this competition using default stadiums.

You need to simply delete the stadium adboards.

Once the stadium self made adboards are removed from the game, it will work correctly

Nope. I played it in custom stadiums default adboards and still the stutter. Also with default stadia and though the stutter was gone the patch has annihilated my batting and any enjoyment from it: a t20 where there is pressure to score ain't the format to get to grips with it. I'm gonna see how i get on with some tests.

Played 3 matches so far and just played as the "home" team each time.

Dunno if it's the conditions or what but 3 matches without a proper edge most wickets being hit outs.. probably accurateish for t20 but quite boring to play tbh
First of all, great work!

No, it's not the conditions. In my experience as well, the AI batsmen have become much more belligerent and purposeful after the second patch; and yes, LBWs, bowleds, caught behinds and edges in general have become far less frequent. Earlier I could bundle out sides for 100-odd or less on almost any wicket—so long as I used the right bowlers and tactics for the conditions at hand—and that too with the above-named modes of dismissal dominating. Just to give you an idea, I remember taking out batsmen's off stump with leg spin deliveries pitching outside leg. That's no longer something I can do. Things are slightly different in Tests for me, but you do have to work very hard for wickets even in that format.

I hope the balance between bat and ball is tweaked slightly so that at least on helpful wickets the latter gets to dominate (as it should). On balance (no pun intended), I am happy with where the game is headed and the first-day experience is now beginning to seem like a fading nightmare. So kudos to Big Ant!

No, it's not the conditions. In my experience as well, the AI batsmen have become much more belligerent and purposeful after the second patch; and yes, LBWs, bowleds, caught behinds and edges in general have become far less frequent. Earlier I could bundle out sides for 100-odd or less on almost any wicket—so long as I used the right bowlers and tactics for the conditions at hand—and that too with the above-named modes of dismissal dominating. Just to give you an idea, I remember taking out batsmen's off stump with leg spin deliveries pitching outside leg. That's no longer something I can do. Things are slightly different in Tests for me, but you do have to work very hard for wickets even in that format.

In my experience edges are still there. You just have to ball on the right line and length. I have noticed the out swing deliveries are very effective and produce a real chance of caught behinds. Recently, I played a test match SA vs Pak on hardest and Legend settings and my left arm seamers destroyed the SA batting line up. I had 7 caught behinds between slips and keeper for 100 odd runs but then the 3 tail enders took the score to 210 amazing stuff!!! quite authentic. The game is now very balanced and I am having a blast!!

Last edited:
In my experience edges are still there. You just have to ball on the right line and length. I have noticed the out swing deliveries are very effective and produce a real chance of caught behinds. Recently, I played a test match SA vs Pak on hardest and Legend settings and my left arm seamers destroyed the SA batting line up. I had 7 caught behinds between slips and keeper for 100 odd runs but then the 3 tail enders took the score to 210 amazing stuff!!! quite authentic. The game is now very balanced and I am having a blast!!
I was referring to T20s and not tests, where my experience is similar to yours. Just picked up a five-for with Ashwin—three of them bowled—against Australia. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar managed a three-for, which included one bowled and two caught behinds.

Having resolved my gameplay issues by the wonderful expedient of deleting everything and starting again, and getting a couple of games into a restarted attempt of this, I'm exhuming this thread...

An amended t20 rules matches for the tournament:

6 over fielding restrictions only 2 outside the circle, 4 outside the rest of the match.
Test match wides
No BARS
No Free hit on NB
2 bouncers per over

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread