World Cup Qualifiers

Netherlands have beaten Canada, so at the moment I would say that Ireland, Canada and the Netherlands would go through.

But it's still exciting in the other matches. Afghanistan might pull off a miracle, because they will win against Namibia and in the other two matches Kenya and UAE are on the verge of losing. And that's exactly what Afghanistan needed.

And Afghanistan just need 1 more wicket to win in 3 overs and get a higher net runrate.

Afghanistan have just won by 21 runs, but with this and Kenya starting to comeback against Ireland, even if they lose, it looks like Kenya will squeeze though NRR I reckon

Afghanistan has won by 21 runs. But I think that won't be enough. Here is the result:

Afghanistan 243/7 (50 ov)
Namibia 222 (48.3 ov)

Scotland are on their way of winning by 100+ runs. They might even skip Afghanistan in net runrate.

ZexyZahid added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Cricinfo has quickly calculated the net runrate of Aghanistan: it's -0.209 and it's better then UAE, who are on the same points and will lose today, which means it will decrease.

I've got a feeling that Kenya knows what's happening, because they aren't scoring quickly. They're just keeping wickets intact.

Now cricinfo suddenly went from like 134-4 to 174-4 in the Kenya match.

ZexyZahid added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I just found out the good news for Afghanistan: Namibia is last and UAE will be 7th, so that means they will at least be ranked 6th. And by that they've gained ODI status. :clap

Kenya could nick this 28 off 24 balls with Obuya and Odoyo well settled putting on 85 for the 5th wicket

Scotland has just won. Here is the result:

Scotland 299/7 (50 ov)
United Arab Emirates 177 (39.2 ov)

Hopefully cricinfo will quickly calculate the net runrate again.

ZexyZahid added 4 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Cricinfo has now calculated the net runrate of Scotland and it's -0.140. It's higher then Afghanistan's, who have -0.209. And Kenya is about to win against Ireland.

Afgahanistan should have ODI status but Kenya's run rate will be too good I reckon now, they were already in positive NRR before today, and they aren't going to lose heavily, if at all, so it will probably be Ireland, Canada, Netherlands, Kenya, then Scotland and Afghanistan ODI status

Kenya 200-4 (47.1) 8 runs in 17 balls, kept wickets in hand and should win

I think Afghanistan will be happy already that they've gained ODI status, although they were one win short of reaching the World Cup.

Kenya will probably win against Ireland.

Eventually the semi-final matches might be Ireland vs Kenya and Canada vs Netherlands, which are a repeat of today's matches.

Kenya have just won by 6 wickets so they are though to another World Cup, really rallied at the end and showed the importance of keeping wickets in hand.

Here is the result of that match:

Ireland 208/9 (50 ov)
Kenya 209/4 (47.2 ov)

Kenya got about 80-70 runs in the last 8 overs.

Cricinfo has quickly update the table.

It will be Ireland vs the Netherlands and Canada vs Kenya in the semi-finals.

19th April
5th/6th match - Scotland v Afghanistan(their first as an ODI side)
3th/4th match - Kenya v Netherlands
1st/2nd match - Ireland v Canada

It's not done as a semi finals system for some reason, but as play offs, probably had too many matches perhaps by this stage

Exciting end to a great tournament though :)

Yeah, this Super Eights stage was pretty exciting till the last hour of these matches. These associates are pretty competitive with each other.

People in Afghanistan will probably celebrate about this again.

Exciting finish to the WCQ just a shame Scotland failed to qualify for the world cup... although it could have been far worse. Thought we would lose our ODI status, so victory of sorts.

Typical Scotland! :help

Here is a summary of the consequences after this tournament:

Who gets what from the ICC Qualifiers
Cricinfo - Who gets what from the ICC Qualifiers

ZexyZahid added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

The Netherlands have beaten Kenya and are placed 3rd. Afghanistan will surely beat Scotland and will be placed 5th. And Ireland is also on the verge of winning against Canada and by that will win the final.

Users who are viewing this thread