Ross Taylor
Michael Hussey
Brad Haddin (wk)
Stuart Broad
Ryan Harris
Muttiah Mularitharan
Lasith Malinga

Thoughts?

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Really wanted to fit Huss in the 1st XI but needed KP to be in here and both Dhoni and Hussey are too good to bat at number 7.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Screw the IPL!! This is world ODI TEAM!! Ask any Australians if they will ever want to see Watto at 6-7. Some fan you are :sarcasm

This is the reason why I have faith in his ability to play at any position :sarcasm I don't know what the F you're on about, he's done the job of a finisher before and he has proven he is still good enough to do it. As I said before, I want to have Amla and Sachin in the team and at the same time have Watson in the team and Amla and Sachin are much more solid and better openers than Watson in ODIs but they are not as good finishers as Watson so it makes more sense to have Watson down there and have Sachin and Amla opening, do ya get it?

Wait why am I even replying to a guy who thinks a team that has Sachin Tendulkar in it will lose a game even before a toss :sarcasm

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^ w/e man. I am sticking to what I said. He is never going back to that position.

Cricketman, I like that idea. We should pick 2 teams to play each other! I should start my 2nd team.

MacLovin added 6 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Team: ?

Watson 6
Amla
Kallis 5
De Villiers
White
Dhoni*
Hussey
Shakib 4
Johnson 3
DS 1
Ameer 2

12th: Collingwood

v

Team: !

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Sangakara*
Mahela
Raina
Morgan
Bravo 5
Vettori 3
Malinga 4
Roach 2
Bollinger 1

12th: KP

khalek

Panel of Selectors
^^ w/e man. I am sticking to what I said. He is never going back to that position.

Who cares. It's still an awesome XI. All my top order batsman average 40+, got a good wk batsman in Haddin and in my bowling, I've got Steyn and Bollinger to take early wickets, Daniel Vettori who can keep it really tight in the middle overs, Lasith Malinga who can come back at the death and bowl yorkers at will and Watson's golden arm.

Toxic Muffin

School Cricketer
Thought I'd have a little pop at this:

1. S. Watson
2. S. Tendulkar
3. H. Amla
4. A.B. De Villiers
5. E. Morgan
6. M. Dhoni (wk)
7. D. Vettori
8. M. Johnson
9. D. Steyn
10. L. Malinga
11. M. Aamer

Gone for the pretty dull set up of 5 batsmen, a keeper, and then 5 bowlers.

At the top of the order, Tendulkar picks himself. Nobody in today's game comes close to touching him in ODI's. Originally, Watson wasn't going to be in the team, but I decided I might need another bowling option, so he gets the nod. Amla has been on top form recently, and so gets picked too, although at number three, because I think he'd perform better than Watson there.

Then come the three finishers. AB has been in ludicrous form, giving him the number four slot. Then I've gone for the innovative Morgan, who knows just how to manage a run chase, and can open up gaps in the field. If we need some quick runs at the end, then Dhoni comes in at six.

Vettori is the spinner in the team, ahead of Murali for his batting (despite Murali being a much better bowler). Then four pacemen in Steyn, Malinga, Johnson and Aamer, who all provide control and aggression. On a turning pitch, Murali in for Aamer.

There's a lack in quality batting after number 6/7, but I'm expecting not really to get to that. Hopefully.

Feel free to come and rip it apart now though.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Its strange that somehow everyone wants Amla in their team now. He is a good player but putting him in the ODI XI looks a gamble to me.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think Amla is more than good enough to maintain a good level of consistency in ODIs. The worst that can happen to him imo once he loses form is that his average might go down below 50 and strike rate might decrease a little bit but he's got the technique and temperament to cope with the best new ball bowlers in the business. I am pretty sure he will end his career as a great ODI opener.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Amla averages 55 in his ODI career at a strike rate of 88! Granted it has been less than 30 matches but the stats don't lie.

Let me try this again:

Sachin Tendulkar
Shane Watson
Hamish Amla
Kevin Pietersen/AB De Villiers
MS Dhoni (C/WK)
Michael Hussey
Daniel Vettori
Mitchell Johnson
Dale Steyn
Lasith Malinga
M. Aamer/Muttiah Muralitharan

I like this side much better but there is a gaping hole IMO at number 7. Dan's a great player but he shouldn't have to bat at number 7 in a world XI. Just shows that there is a severe lack of quality allrounders world over right now. Few years back that slot would have easily gone an Andrew Flintoff, or Andrew Symonds would have played a few notches higher to balance out the team a bit.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Murali is done ^^ With Ameer that team looks greattt!

Brook

Club Captain
Amla averages 55 in his ODI career at a strike rate of 88! Granted it has been less than 30 matches but the stats don't lie.

Let me try this again:

Sachin Tendulkar
Shane Watson
Hamish Amla
Kevin Pietersen/AB De Villiers
MS Dhoni (C/WK)
Michael Hussey
Daniel Vettori
Mitchell Johnson
Dale Steyn
Lasith Malinga
M. Aamer/Muttiah Muralitharan

Hamish again lol. Anyway it seems a bit pace heavy if you have Aamir, but I guess it's up to the pitch. Also to me it doesn't matter that Vettori's at 7, he's proved himself class with the bat and the batting line up shouldn't leave too much prressure on him.

Also overall not sure why Ponting and Broad aren't getting many look-ins in many sides here

Users who are viewing this thread