Worst test XI or players

Worser than Jones maybe. But is he worser than Kamran Akmal?

HELL yes. Kamran at least can catch the odd ball. Patel was absolutely shocking. I remember Ian Healy saying that he is worse than grade keepers.

If you did not read, Parthiv patel is highest scorer in Domestic Cricket this year. He has 7 centuries in 9 matches with highest score of around 180. I think we should drop Dhoni and Kartick and open with Patel instead.

I don't care how many runs he scores, I'm just saying, against Australia he couldn't catch ANYTHING at all. He looked alright with the bat, I'm talking about keeping here.

Drop Dhoni? Are you absolutely nuts?

I don't know why you guys are aginst Parthiv. The poor kid was decent and was way better than Kamran Akmal in his dreams.
Also worst player from India in last decade has been Nilesh Kulkarni the left arm spinner of Mumbai.

Nilesh Kulkarlani was and is pretty good.

I read on Cricinfo about this guy, many years ago, who got selected for an Ashes tour as a keeper. And he only admitted on the ship that he couldn't keep! He averaged about 10 in FC cricket too, and somehow played a few tests as a pure bat!! He'd be in that list.

-This guy
-Rawl Lewis
-Khaled Mahmud

Any others?

Current New zealand team............lol

Iian O'Brien

Not our whole side, Vettori, Fleming, Taylor, Vincent and McCullum don't deserve the tag, the rest can have it.

This thread really makes me doubt just how much cricket PC members actually watch.

I'm sorry Usy but I agree with Kev; Providing a list like that shows how little you seem to know about the game.

1. Ashley Giles
2. faisal Iqbal (captain)
3. Ashish Nehra (b2)
4. Junaid Zia
5. Kabir Ali
6. Nicky Boje
7. tapash baisya
8. Alok Kapali
9. Naved-ul-Hasan(b1)
10. Ian Blackwell
11. Geraint Jones (WK)

1. Giles has well over 100 Test wickets and has won matches with bat and ball for England as well as having one of the safest pairs of hands in cricket.
2. One hundred and 5 fifties in 19 Tests is hardly the worst record i've ever seen.
3. 44 wickets in 17 games is hardly disastrous.
4. He's never even played a Test.
5. One Test, 5 wickets. Not the worst return i've witnessed.
6. 100 Test wickets and 4 fifties.
7. Considering he plays for Bangladesh, his record isn't extremely bad.
8. Alright, maybe i'll give you this one.
9. Are you serious? Honestly?
10. One Test. That's all he's played. I see you haven't taken into account his great record for Somerset and his quality performances in the ODI team.
11. A good batsman as well as a good glovemen hampered by low confidence due to the media/fans getting on his back. I'd still pick him for England.

Last edited:
This thread really makes me doubt just how much cricket PC members actually watch.

I'm sorry Usy but I agree with Kev; Providing a list like that shows how little you seem to know about the game.

1. Giles has well over 100 Test wickets and has won matches with bat and ball for England as well as having one of the safest pairs of hands in cricket.
2. One hundred and 5 fifties in 19 Tests is hardly the worst record i've ever seen.
3. 44 wickets in 17 games is hardly disastrous.
4. He's never even played a Test.
5. One Test, 5 wickets. Not the worst return i've witnessed.
6. 100 Test wickets and 4 fifties.
8. Alright, maybe i'll give you this one.
9. Are you serious? Honestly?
10. One Test. That's all he's played. I see you haven't taken into account his great record for Somerset and his quality performances in the ODI team.
11. A good batsman as well as a good glovemen hampered by low confidence due to the media/fans getting on his back. I'd still pick him for England.

Good analysis dude.
You deserve some pat on back.
Where were you?
:clap

Dan Cullen and Nathan Hauritz.

Yeah you have to leave Bangladesh players out of this one because they're still minnows and if you counted them the whole worst XI team would be Bangladeshi or the recent Zimbabwean players.

Last edited:
The Indian player P.Kumar who made his debut today is worst i have seen in long time.

Users who are viewing this thread