Wow codemasters

Yah. I am so bummed. I was so looking forward to playing this game on Xbox Live
Literally every other game on xbox is region free. Atleast the one's I have seen so far. Only some Japanese titles have been region locked on xbox
And I think MS leaves the region restriction decision on the game Dev's so Codies lost the ball on their end since they are too lazy to test out the game on NTSC xbox

got one quick question for me the demo worked with no problems, so does it mean that the full game is going to work or no living toronto canada. also i got gold membership does that make a difference or no

Last edited:
Just to let you know , all PS3 GAMES ARE REGION FREE. Only Blue Ray movies are region coded. Making a Xbox 360 Game region locked is logical. As cricket is a popular game in only Commonwealth nations & all of them have PAL region.

Go Codemasters .....

It is poor form from codies
Its not hard to make NTSC versions, it would cost a little more for a separate batch of copies?or they could have made it region free like

Call of Juarez2 ? I ordered from ebay HK
Fight Night R4
Tigerwoods 2010 ? I ordered from ebay HK

There are a lot of region free titles on Xbox, its not a console restriction ? Its up to the publisher/devs to make it region free, and in this case they haven?t

i hope after hearing that there are a lot of ntsc user codies will make a ntsc copy all we can do i pray and hope they do it

Well there is a way to make your xbox 360 region free you have to i think update your firmware on your xbox 360 dvd player. That way it can play games from all over. I am not 100% sure it works but people have said this works.

And then you can't play on line because you have a hacked xbox.

one of the many reasons I never bought a crapbox

Blue ray player Region 3 better games > 360

one of the many reasons I never bought a crapbox

Blue ray player Region 3 better games > 360

amen to that. I bought a ps3 just because I wanted Formula 1 and I thought I better get a region free console incase F1 is only Pal. Little did I know I would luck out with a cricket game a year later!

I got a NSTC PS3 but I can play any ps3 game on it...I had my PS3 since December 2006 and I buy PAL games and it works on it:D
Sony are the best.
Xbox 360 are rubbish

Yea and thats why almost any person can download a hack onto any game for the PS3 and destroy your....UNBELIEVABLE FREE ONLINE EXPERIENCE!

Yea and thats why almost any person can download a hack onto any game for the PS3 and destroy your....UNBELIEVABLE FREE ONLINE EXPERIENCE!

Yea well I have never heard of it happening to anyone I know. That is a pretty pathetic excuse if you ask me. Go cry some sour grapes in the corner while the rest of us NTSCers play AC09.

Okay listen PS3 has absolutely no beta testing that is available to its users. Xbox 360 has many exclusive games and the online experience is much better because it is much more competitive. Not only that but half the people who have a PS3 don't even have a mic and if you play games like COD then the game is 100 times better with the mic because you can talk with your friends. Not only that but you can even talk to your friends in a private chat even if you guys are in two seperate games. Seriously don't say the PS3 is soooooo good when its not. Yes this game is region locked for 360 and region free for PS3. This also coming from the guy who is like "Codemasters are such retards they never tell us anything. They act like politicians." Now your jumping on their bandwagon and your saying I am going to love this game whats up with that?

BTW they may end up selling this game in NA because the thing is that there are about 10 million xbox 360s in Europe alone in NA there is about 20 million if they sell the game in NA they would probably get some profit as well. Considering the fact that atleast 50% of 360 are in NA it would be a smart move to ship to NA.

Last edited:
yes maybe X360 has better online, and yes you can talk to friends etc. But tbh who gives a ████. I don't want to pay stupid amounts to play online and talk to my friends. If I wanted to talk to them I'd use the bloody phone, it's cheaper and clearer. And tons of people appear with mics on PS3 so stick that in your pipe. Fan boys will always say their console is the best. Personally as an Xbox and Playstation use I'd say that the PS3 is better than the Xbox360. It wouldn't be worth Codies money to produce copies in NTSC as the sales wouldn't be high enough to warrant doing so.

Why are you guys hating on each others consoles? Who cares Ashes cricket 09 will be Ashes cricket 09 it will run the same on PS3/Xbox and PC

Users who are viewing this thread