Wrestling thread

No, they use scouts to find talent, then they hire them and then they put them onto OVW or FCW. Those shows are used to develop the talent, so it doesnt matter where they are with regards to finding talent

But from a business point of view i see it better to have territories all over America, becuase they may find talent, but some of them may not be willing to move away from ther family and friends and go to Ohio!

IMO You are 110% right Chez, to be honest anyone that likes a absolutely dreadful wrestler who can't even speak you language let alone he is a freak of nature can't really love wrestling and know about wrestling so I agree it is probaly lies.

But from a business point of view i see it better to have territories all over America, becuase they may find talent, but some of them may not be willing to move away from ther family and friends and go to Ohio!

In the probable words of Vince McMahon, tough. I agree with that point, but all Vince sees is that there is more talent out there and the financial cost of running extra development territories. From a business perspective, it costs a lot

In the probable words of Vince McMahon, tough. I agree with that point, but all Vince sees is that there is more talent out there and the financial cost of running extra development territories. From a business perspective, it costs a lot

I agree with what your saying, but another point is that if there are more territories, then there will be more talent, so this will mean more stars going into WWE, improving the brands, and improving ratings meaning a boost in revenue and profit for WWE in general. They would maybe also have the option of opening another brand or several others if they were getting enough talent from a more widespread area. It could go either way, they could lose money, or it could be a big success and they could gain a lot of extra money.

I agree with what your saying, but another point is that if there are more territories, then there will be more talent, so this will mean more stars going into WWE, improving the brands, and improving ratings meaning a boost in revenue and profit for WWE in general. They would maybe also have the option of opening another brand or several others if they were getting enough talent from a more widespread area. It could go either way, they could lose money, or it could be a big success and they could gain a lot of extra money.

But that isnt actually trye. More developments does not mean more talent, it means more places to store and develop talent. The WWE obviously beilieve, and I am inclined to agree with them, that 2 territories is enough to develop the talent they have. The premise that more territories = more talent doesnt work.

ok, i see what your saying! Is it true that WWE are thinking of opening a European Brand, obviously based in Europe, doing shows all around here!

ok, i see what your saying! Is it true that WWE are thinking of opening a European Brand, obviously based in Europe, doing shows all around here!

I don't like the sound of that at all!
It sounds more corney than a corn ball with corn in it. :)

Yeh it does, sounds awful! I hope they don't because that may stop us from seeing the american shows, and just see the European ones.

Lol, yeh my computer froze Gilly! :p

They were meant to be setting up bases around the world. Not so much brands, but just putting on regular, nontv shows in the area with lesser used talent. It was reported ages ago, but nothing has happened since and it would be a bad idea.

ahh right, yeh sounds awful to me...but whatever Vince wants...if it makes him money, and i was in his position i would do exactly the same!

Heres a list of injured superstars at when they will be back!

RAW brand
Inactive talent
Armando Alejandro Estrada (Hazem Ali) - Manager of Umaga - (kayfabe) Suffered an injury at the hands of Bobby Lashley, return date unknown
Shawn Michaels (Michael Hickenbottom) - (kayfabe) concussion, received successful surgery, recovering, returning sometime in next 2-4 months
Triple H (Paul Levesque) - Recovering from a quadriceps muscle tear, Promos airing for return

SmackDown! brand
Inactive talent
Jesse Dalton (Ray Gordy) - Yet to debut, promos airing.
Festus Dalton(Drew Hankinson) - Yet to debut, promos airing.
Gregory Helms- Major neck injury, out until Summer 2008.
Hardcore Holly(Bob Howard) - Suffered a (kayfabe) broken arm; healing from elbow surgery, out for 1-2 more months.
Chris Kay - Referee; Under 60 day suspension.
Ashley Massaro- (kayfabe) Suspended by Mr. McMahon, return date unknown.
The Undertaker(Mark Calaway) - Suffered a biceps tear, out until January 2008.

No ECW Wrestlers are currently inactive!

So, the good news is Triple H will be back in mid august, Rey Mysterio back soon, before the American Bash, and several new talents coming to Smackdown!

Users who are viewing this thread