Wrestling thread

andrew_nixon said:
Agreed, but Batisita just seems to do the same thing in almost every match. Nothing grabs me about him.
And he has god awful mic skills. Only reason he's become popular is because he's been packaged very well right since the middle of last year, and whatever his faults, he is undoubtedly a hard worker.

When you guys talk about someone being a hard worker, what do you mean exactly?? You mean a hard worker, as in he's won many matches (that are fixed) ? Or as in he's worked hard in the gym or something? Or, most probably, something else?

Adarsh said:
When you guys talk about someone being a hard worker, what do you mean exactly?? You mean a hard worker, as in he's won many matches (that are fixed) ? Or as in he's worked hard in the gym or something? Or, most probably, something else?
apart from storyline matches, matches aren't fixed.

watching rival's videos, learning about their abilities, improving your skills, bodybuilding and much more counting in hardworking departmrnt

blackleopard92 said:
apart from storyline matches, matches aren't fixed.
So naive. And so wrong.

A hard worker simply means someone who works hard in his matches. Wether that be by selling moves well, telling a story in the matches well, having a high degree of action, working the crowd well.

blackleopard92 said:
watching rival's videos, learning about their abilities
That isn't going to do much good, considering you already know most of what they're going to do in the ring, as they'll have told you all the main spots, and you may even have rehearsed them.

andrew_nixon said:
So naive. And so wrong.

A hard worker simply means someone who works hard in his matches. Wether that be by selling moves well, telling a story in the matches well, having a high degree of action, working the crowd well.

That isn't going to do much good, considering you already know most of what they're going to do in the ring, as they'll have told you all the main spots, and you may even have rehearsed them.

there is a difference between storyline matches and others, what u have said is all about storyline matches.
No one plans injuries on oneself, no one breaks into crying when he has won a pre planned match.there is a difference between acting and reacting.

u can know a storyline match when u see one

blackleopard92 said:
there is a difference between storyline matches and others, what u have said is all about storyline matches.
No one plans injuries on oneself, no one breaks into crying when he has won a pre planned match.there is a difference between acting and reacting.

u can know a storyline match when u see one
You do realise that every single match in professional wrestling is coreographed, pre-arranged, fixed, etc don't you?

blackleopard92 said:
I would say about 75% of them
Try 100%.

Yorkshire_No1 said:
Most matches are just happen as they go along but the finishing to the match is already planned out ready to do
Agreed, but it should be pointed out that most professional wrestling moves can only be done with the co-operation of BOTH men.

andrew_nixon said:
Try 100%.
never

andrew_nixon said:
Agreed, but it should be pointed out that most professional wrestling moves can only be done with the co-operation of BOTH men.
oh yeah? what moves for example?

I can give a two - stone or a choke slam to anyone.
however, the results are a disaster for the one reciveing it.

for the lesser ones, sleeper hold is so simple that its the first one on a fight, while pdegree seems to hurt me more than the reciver.

Every single match in professional wrestling is 100% worked. It's all fixed, coreographed, pre-arranged, or what ever you want to call it. Yes, the top wrestlers will sometimes improvise, but that does not mean the action isn't staged.

The results of a choke slam, for example, are only dangerous if the person recieving the choke slam does not perform the move correctly. A choke slam is almost entirely performed by the reciever.

andrew_nixon said:
Every single match in professional wrestling is 100% worked. It's all fixed, coreographed, pre-arranged, or what ever you want to call it. Yes, the top wrestlers will sometimes improvise, but that does not mean the action isn't staged.
oh well, if u say so.
andrew_nixon said:
The results of a choke slam, for example, are only dangerous if the person recieving the choke slam does not perform the move correctly. A choke slam is almost entirely performed by the reciever.
have u evey done some martial arts?I have and I know there are so ways to counter a move.if the move can't be countered, then there are ways to lessen the effect.
Sometimes these impact lessing counters look a little cool.that's what makes
those slams cool.
If u have ever seen a realy choke slam go, it different from what u see in wrestling, because almost all of them counter it.
the only person I haven't seen it countering it was vince McMahon, and those girls.

Okay then, try the People's Elbow, performed by The Rock. An absolute farce, I tell you. The guy sits there right in the centre for about 5 mins, while The Rock goes from one end to the other and performs 50 other antics in that time. Clearly unreal.

Ray Mysterio's move, I don't even know what it's called now: The opponent always lies perfectly with his head between the ropes so that Mysterio can perform his "super kick". WWE is a farce really, IMO. I used to like it a few years ago when I thought everything was real, but now I can't be entertained by some predetermined fights between two steroid taking bunch of actors.

blackleopard92 said:
have u evey done some martial arts?I have and I know there are so ways to counter a move.if the move can't be countered, then there are ways to lessen the effect.
Sometimes these impact lessing counters look a little cool.that's what makes
those slams cool.
If u have ever seen a realy choke slam go, it different from what u see in wrestling, because almost all of them counter it.
the only person I haven't seen it countering it was vince McMahon, and those girls.
What on earth are you on about? A choke slam in professional wrestling is by definition not a real choke slam.

It is only countered when the script calls for it to be countered.

Can I just get something straight here?

Are you claiming that some fights in professional wrestling are real?

andrew_nixon said:
What on earth are you on about? A choke slam in professional wrestling is by definition not a real choke slam.

It is only countered when the script calls for it to be countered.

Can I just get something straight here?

Are you claiming that some fights in professional wrestling are real?

well jbl kicked the shizzle out of the blue meany at the 1st ecw one night stand, that was real jbl was charged lol

Users who are viewing this thread