Wrestling thread

m_vaughan said:
According to Wikipedia, The Rock in some interview on Jan 1st, 2007 said that he would return to the ring this year. Anyone smell anything??
I smell something that a wikipedia editor has been smoking. Jim Ross has said he hopes to see him return to the ring in 2007, but nothing has come from any official source.

It is always good to speculate, The Rock was a fantastic wrestler in EVERY sense of the word:

Great wrestler with signiture moves
Great self development of character
Great interviews
Great face and great heel.

I used to follow wrestling fanatically back in it's prime days of 2000/1 and I used to love the rivalry between Triple H and The Rock. It's only now that Jeff Hardy is back that I have started watching Raw properly again and the return of The Rock is something that i'd dearly love.

The Rock is coming back!!! (I hope)

The first match I saw was The Rock vs Rikishi back in 2000? I'm not sure but I remember that The Rock lost thanks to an interferance from the original DX.

What brand would we like to see The Rock return to? Monday Night Raw, or Smackdown!

Yes, for me they have a very good distinguishing between the two; with smackdown being the better on paper and Raw having the je ne se que (french expression meaning a certain X factor which is hard to pin point).

Meh, if you like pantomine then fair play. Although Smackdown has a some talented wrestlers -Batista is up there with the best in the business - I just prefer Raw because it's storylines are less over the top.

evertonfan said:
Meh, if you like pantomine then fair play. Although Smackdown has a some talented wrestlers -Batista is up there with the best in the business - I just prefer Raw because it's storylines are less over the top.

Like when DX showered the Spirit Squad and the McMahons in cr*p.

evertonfan said:
Agreed, Raw concentrate more on the wrestling whereas Smackdown concentrates on having outrageous story lines. The Undertaker is always involved these sort storylines.

I prefered him in his 'Attitude' days.

Users who are viewing this thread