Status
Not open for further replies.

OrderDX

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
SmackDown! Preview

schedule_smkdwn_Logo.gif

SmackDown! Preview - Friday 14th September 2007

This week SmackDown promices to be a huge night of wrestling action as Unforgiven is just two days away. The two semi finals of the World Heavyweight Title tournament will take place and Batista, King Booker, Carlito and Mr. Kennedy will both want to be in the title match at Unforgiven. Who will win though because only two can progress to the final?

Also this week Matt Hardy and MVP have a contract signing for their United States Title match at Unforgiven and Edge will have an edition of the Cutting Edge with a very special guest. In other action Finlay will face Lance Cade and Gregory Helms will go one on one with Daivari. What developments will their be just two nights from the first pay per view under the new head writer Unforgiven? Tune in this Friday to SmackDown to find out!

Last edited:

OrderDX

International Cricketer
Smackdown Live!

schedule_smkdwn_Logo.gif

SmackDown! Friday 7th September 2007

The SmackDown opening video plays and the camera cuts to the titantron where a massive fireworks display goes on. The camera pans around the crowd before resting on Michael Cole and JBL at ringside. They hype the two World Heavyweight Title Tournament semi finals and the Cutting Edge. The music of Daivari plays and the in ring action starts.

Daivari vs. Gregory Helms
Stiff high kick on Daivari by Gregory Helms. Helms hits a wicked chop. Gregory Helms strikes Daivari. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Driven DDT by Gregory Helms. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Daivari blocks a kick from Gregory Helms. Daivari hits a massive spinning kick to the jaw. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Spinning bulldog in the corner, Helms is down. Helms blocks a suplex attempt. Gregory Helms with an enzuigiri. Daivari can barely stand. Shining Wizard! 1....2....3. Gregory Helms remains in the ring, celebrating the victory before getting a microphone from Tony Chimmel. He begins to speak:

See I just proved that I am the best Cruiserweight in this industry and no-one will ever take this belt from me. I will take on all comers and there is nothing that will be able to stop me. In fact I am so good I think I could challenge for bigger and better titles so I challenge any cruiserweights to stand up to me because they will be defeated.

Winner: Gregory Helms

OVERALL RATING = 61%
CROWD REACTION = 46%
MATCH QUALITY = 77%

The camera cuts backstage where Finlay stands with Josh Matthews. Josh Matthews begins the interview.

Matthews: Finlay tonight you face Lance Cade in singles action. What are your thoughts on this match up and are you worried about any outside interference possibly from Trevor Murdoch?

Finlay: Look I aint worried whether I am facing Lance Cade or Trevor Murdoch or both. I am a tough Irish ******* and I will beat anyone that gets in my way. My shillelagh acts as a second person and anyway I know that someone is watching my back tonight so Cade and Murdoch better watch out. Tonight I will beat Lance Cade.

Note: Finlay's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Finlay gained overness from this turn.
OVERALL RATING = 77%

Montel Vontavious Porter and Matt Hardy are in the ring on opposite sides of a table, about to sign a contract to face each other in an upcoming match for the United States Title at Unforgiven. Montel Vontavious Porter signs it after talking trash. Matt Hardy also signs it after responding and as soon as he puts his pen down he is immediately attacked by MVP, who drives the table into his ribs. Matt Hardy gets knocked to the ground by MVP. Here it comes...Playmaker! Matt Hardy is almost unconscious with pain! Montel Vontavious Porter walks off, having won this battle and stands tall signalling that he will become the United States Champion.

OVERALL RATING = 78%

Mr. Kennedy is backstage with Kristal about to have an interview.

Kristal: Tonight Mr. Kennedy you will go one on one with Carlito in the semi finals of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament. What are your thoughts on facing the Caribbean superstar?

Kennedy: Shut up! Okay just shut up! Tonight I do face Carlito you are right but tonight he will become the next victim of the future of this industry and the next World Heavyweight Champion. You see I dont take any prisoners and whoever I face this Sunday at Unforgiven will lose and the next World Heavyweight Champion will be MR. KENNEDYKENNEDY!

OVERALL RATING = 83%

Lance Cade vs. Finlay
Finlay uses a forearm to the face. Finlay hits some punches. Fallaway slam by Finlay. Big backdrop on Cade, executed well. Cade counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Big backdrop on Finlay, executed well. Powerslam from Lance Cade. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Finlay pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Cade walks into a spike slam. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Powerbomb on Cade. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Finlay looks shocked. Lance Cade avoids an avalanche, Finlay hits the turnbuckles hard. Finlay takes a headbutt from Lance Cade. Cade drops an elbow...but misses. Running knee lift from Finlay. Lance Cade can barely stand. The Celtic Cross!!! That shook the ring. Trevor Murdoch slides into the ring out of nowhere! Finlay takes a stiff punch to the face and falls to the canvas. The referee calls for the DQ as Trevor Murdoch continues to attack Finlay. Cade and Murdoch are beating the hell out of Finlay! They carry on with stomps before Umaga sprints down the aisle and slides into the ring! He goes toe-to-toe with Lance Cade and delivers the Samoan Spike, while Finlay comes back, sending Trevor out of the ring with a clothesline. Umaga and Finlay have cleared the ring, driving off Cade and Murdoch! Umaga quickly leaves and leaves Finlay looking puzzled in the middle of the ring.
Winner: Finlay via DQ

Note: Umaga's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Umaga gained overness from this turn.
OVERALL RATING = 75%
CROWD REACTION = 76%
MATCH QUALITY = 76%

A video is played, hyping The Great Khali.

Note: The Great Khali lost overness from this segment.
OVERALL RATING = 34%

Edge is standing in the set for his personal interview segment. He announces that tonight's guest is The Undertaker, who comes out from the back. They try to do a straight interview, but the constant taunts from Edge soon annoy Undertaker, and he turns to leave. However he gets attacked from behind with a metal bar that was part of the set! Edge leaves his guest down and hurt on the floor after hitting a huge spear. Edge then quickly gets out of the ring.

Note: The Undertaker gained overness from this segment. Edge gained overness from this segment.
OVERALL RATING = 98%

Theodore Longs music hits and he makes his way to the titantron. He announces that at Unforgiven the Rated R Superstar, Edge will go one-on-one with The Undertaker! Edge turns around to look at Undertaker as he sits up and Edge runs away looking scared.

OVERALL RATING = 83%

Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito
Carlito receives some punishment. Carlito takes a headbutt from Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy fires off some right and left hands. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Kennedy slams Carlito down. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Carlito pushes out of a Mr. Kennedy hold. Carlito fires off some right and left hands. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Big clothesline from Carlito. Mr. Kennedy avoids an avalanche, Carlito hits the turnbuckles hard. Carlito walks into a side choke slam. Mr. Kennedy drives Carlito into the corner. Green Bay Plunge! 1....2....3. Mr. Kennedy where he celebrates his victory and advances to the World Title match at Unforgiven.
Winner: Mr. Kennedy

OVERALL RATING = 71%
CROWD REACTION = 60%
MATCH QUALITY = 83%

Finlay knocks on the Samoan Bulldozer Umagas locker room door. Finlay enters and begins to speak to Umaga. He proposes that the two form a tag team and Umaga gives one nod to approve. Finlay proudly announces that the Alliance of Ireland and Samoa, the Alliance of Nations has been formed. Finlay then leaves and SmackDown goes to a commercial break.

Note: Umaga lost overness from this segment.
OVERALL RATING = 63%

Batista vs. King Booker
Batista hits some punches. Booker slips out the back of a Batista bodyslam. Batista receives some punishment. King Booker turns Batista inside-out with a clothesline. Pinfall attempt but just a two count. Booker only gets knees on a splash. Running knee lift from Batista. Batista hits a stump piledriver on King Booker. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Spear! Booker is down and hurt. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up! That was close. King Booker pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Batista walks into a spike slam. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Batista backdrops King Booker out of a piledriver attempt but he lands on the referee. Kane comes running down the aisle with a chair! Batista goes to Irish whip King Booker into the ropes. Kane hits Booker with a chair to the back! King Booker is in trouble. Standing Spinebuster!!! The referee starts to regain his composure. That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Kane pushes the referee aside, then continues to assault Booker! Right hands rain down on King Booker, pounding him into the canvas. Satisfied with his work, Kane turns and leaves the ring, the damage done. Batista celebrates as we now know that he will face Mr. Kennedy for the World Heavyweight Title at Unforgiven.
Winner: Batista

OVERALL RATING = 74%
CROWD REACTION = 78%
MATCH QUALITY = 65%

Final SmackDown Rating = 6.47
Attendance = 9019
Money from tickets = $360760

Give your thoughts on SmackDown!

plympilgrim

International Coach
i think the helms/davari match & result very realistic nice work.
the finlay interview, meh, nice add i suppose
kennedy interview very realistic, nice touch
i don't personally like the idea of finlay & umaga teaming up, not very realistic, very mismatched
kennedy & batista final, nice work i think thats the best you could have

nice work, keep it up:)

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Helms/Daivari: Helms going over, needs a real challenge really. Then acts coky which is in character, so good there

Finlay interview: A bit blunt and to the point. Intros the "mystery helper" though, so i guess it does what it is meant to

MVP/Hardy Contract: The regular formula for a signing. Nothing wrong there

Kennedy interview: Good to give Kennedy some airtime with a mic in hand, its gold.

Finlay/Cade with Murdoch and Umaga: As expected with the interferences, but Umaga is the mystery helper? Doesnt quite work for me there

Khali video: Nothing to say, bit of a wasted segment. What is Khali doing at the moment anyway?

Cutting Edge w/Taker: This segment doesnt work in my mind. Edge wouldnt have someone who he is a rival with on the show, so it doesnt work. Plus, why would Taker go away if he was being taunted? It lowers his character somewhat

Long match announcement: So Edge is scared now? Why wasnt he scared before? Its a little confusing for me

Kennedy/Carlito: Good decision on the result, always had to be Kennedy for me.

Finlay/Umaga: I still find this wierd. Plus Finlay has been in 3 segments, slightly overused. It doesnt sit with me that these 2 would be able to come to an agreement.

Batista/Booker: Batista wins and surely will be champion now. I cant see you booking Kennedy to go over Batista at this stage. For me this should have been your tournament final.

Overall its good. A couple of bits, but other than that its good

OrderDX

International Cricketer
Internet News

INTERNET NEWS - Saturday 15th September 2007

logoecwns1.jpg

ECW LOOKING TO MOVE NETWORKS?
Backstage there has been a lot of talk about moving ECW to another network and away from sci-fi because of its low ratings compared to RAW and SmackDown. The concern though is that the ratings cannot get above 4 and TNA are regularly in the mid fours with iMPACT! If ECW does move to another network it would be a risk because if the show was not accepted by a netwoprk programming would be in turmoil. The feeling is that the leading contenders for ECW are Fox and Spike.

200px-Triple_H.jpg

TRIPLE H MISERABLE
It is thought that Triple H is miserable at the minute because of the recent signing of Brock Lesnar. It is known that the two do not get on however the new head writer decided that both would be on the RAW roster. Triple H has said to be angry and very uncoperative backstage. He is also upset that he isn't being pushed for the WWE Title and Brock Lesnar is.

200px-Christian-cage.jpg

CHRISTIAN CAGE - NEW ECW WORLD CHAMPION?
The current rumour is that this Sunday at Unforgiven Christian Cage will become the new ECW World Champion. It is thought that there is some sort of clause in his contract stating that he will get a long title run on his return to the WWE. Stay tuned to Unforgiven this Sunday for more updates on this situation as it unfolds.

OrderDX

International Cricketer
Unforgiven Live!

0209.gif

WWE UNFORGIVEN – Sunday 16th September 2007

A video is played, hyping the upcoming Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena match as the main event of Unforgiven before the actual show starts.
Note: John Cena lost overness from this segment.
OVERALL RATING = 80%

The official Unforgiven theme song plays and the massive firework display goes off in the arena as the camera scans the sold out crowd and then goes to the RAW, ECW and SmackDown ring announcers who hype up each of their shows main events for the WWE, ECW and World Heavyweight Titles. JR and King then take the roll of the commentators as the first match gets underway.

-- WWE Intercontinental Title Match!
Jeff Hardy vs. Elijah Burke
Burke walks into a high dropkick from Jeff Hardy. Spinning back kick from Jeff Hardy. Standing leg lariat by Jeff Hardy on Burke. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. J.Hardy hits a dropkick on Elijah Burke. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Jeff Hardy misses a clothesline. Burke hits a right hand. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Full nelson slam! Elijah Burke misses a big legdrop. Slingshot clothesline by J.Hardy. Elijah Burke gets knocked to the ground by J.Hardy, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Through the air, Swanton Bomb! 1....2....3. Jeff Hardy goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory
Winner: Jeff Hardy
OVERALL RATING = 76%
CROWD REACTION = 70%
MATCH QUALITY = 83%

-- World Tag Team Title Match!
London and Kendrick vs. World's Greatest Tag Team
Spinning back kick from Paul London. Paul London hits a rolling kick on Shelton. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Tag to Brian Kendrick. Paul London scoops up Shelton. Kendrick bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Kendrick hits a dropkick on Shelton Benjamin. Brian Kendrick misses a clothesline. Second rope splash by Shelton. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Tag to Charlie Haas. Short range spear from Charlie Haas. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Haas looks shocked. Charlie Haas snap suplexes Kendrick. Kendrick slips out the back of a Charlie Haas bodyslam. Flying elbow from Brian Kendrick. Kendrick tags out to Paul London. London hits a wicked chop. Tag to Shelton Benjamin. Driven DDT by Paul London. London and Kendrick have Shelton Benjamin to themselves. Get Well Soon! 1....2....3! It's over. World's Greatest Tag Team look like they aren't done...and they attack London and Kendrick! After an exchange of blows, London and Kendrick are laid out in the ring. The World’s Greatest Tag Team then exit and get massive heat from the crowd.
Winner: Brian Kendrick & Paul London
Note: The World Tag Team titles have gained in image.
OVERALL RATING = 88%
CROWD REACTION = 80%
MATCH QUALITY = 97%

-- WWE United States Title Match!
Matt Hardy vs. Montel Vontavious Porter
Kick from Matt Hardy to the leg. Matt Hardy scores with a back heel kick on MVP. Hard back suplex on MVP. Spin kick by Matt Hardy to the face. M.Hardy walks into a trip. Bodyslam by MVP. MVP suplexes Matt Hardy. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Matt Hardy fights out of a grapple. MVP takes a hurrancarana. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Matt Hardy with an enzuigiri. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! M.Hardy looks shocked. MVP pushes out of a Matt Hardy hold. Big forearm by Montel Vontavious Porter. Matt Hardy powers out of a Montel Vontavious Porter headlock. Hard back suplex on MVP. Montel Vontavious Porter is in trouble. Twist Of Fate! 1....2....3. Matt Hardy celebrates his first ever major title win and celebrates up the ramp as in the ring MVP is pounding the canvas with punches, shouting about how unfair everything is.
Winner: Matt Hardy

Note: The WWE United States title has gained in image.
OVERALL RATING = 82%
CROWD REACTION = 83%
MATCH QUALITY = 83%

-- ECW Tag Team Title Match!
EXTREME RULES MATCH!
ECW Originals vs. Blue Bloods II
Regal hits a snap suplex onto a chair on The Sandman. Vertical suplex by Dave Taylor. Face jam onto the table by Regal. Dreamer blocks a kick from Dave Taylor. Back elbow connects, Regal staggers backward. ECW Originals whip Regal into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Sandman hits a stump piledriver on Dave Taylor. The Sandman scoop slams Taylor onto and through a table. Regal counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face. Vicious back suplex! Brutal forearm by Regal. Tommy Dreamer can barely stand. Power of the Punch!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Blue Bloods II rush forward to attack! ECW Originals get caught by surprise and brutally beaten down to the canvas. The ECW Originals have been beaten at their own game here tonight and it looks like Regal and Taylor can play them at any game they want.
Winner: William Regal & Dave Taylor

Note: The ECW Tag Team title has lost image.
OVERALL RATING = 77%
CROWD REACTION = 72%
MATCH QUALITY = 83%

The Undertaker vs. Edge
Big clothesline on Edge. The Undertaker DDTs Edge. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Edge blocks a suplex attempt. Edge fires off some right and left hands. Rude Awakening on The Undertaker by Edge. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Side suplex from Edge. Pin : 1....2....no! Shoulder up at the last second. Flying shoulder tackle by Edge sends Undertaker to the mat. Edge only gets knees on a splash. The Undertaker hits a bulldog off the ropes. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. The Undertaker with a standing spinebuster. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Undertaker looks shocked. Running knee lift from The Undertaker. The Undertaker uses a forearm to the face. Edge backdrops The Undertaker out of a piledriver attempt. Edge slams The Undertaker down. Massive lariat. The Undertaker charges, Edge moves, the referee gets knocked out! The Undertaker knocks Edge to the outside. While calling for the Tombstone Piledriver, Edge slides back in, carrying the ring bell! He swings and busts the Undertaker open with the bell. The referee wakes up to see Edge making the pinfall: 1....2....3! Forget about it. Another referee comes running down the aisle, and points out to the first official that Edge used the ring bell as a weapon. The referee reverses the decision! Edge has been disqualified! Edge leaves the ring and heads off down the aisle at speed to avoid The Undertaker and his anger.
Winner: The Undertaker

OVERALL RATING = 93%
CROWD REACTION = 100%
MATCH QUALITY = 80%

-- World Heavyweight Title Match!
Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy
Back elbow connects, Kennedy staggers backward. Big clothesline from Batista. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Kennedy counters a sleeper hold by turning it into a jaw breaker. Batista gets slammed. Kennedy slams Batista down. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Mr. Kennedy with a standing spinebuster. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Fallaway slam by Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy drops an elbow...but misses. Massive backbreaker, Kennedy got planted. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Batista with a standing spinebuster. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Back elbow connects, Kennedy staggers backward. Batista fires off some right and left hands. Batista only gets knees on a splash. Flying shoulder tackle by Kennedy sends Batista to the mat. Massive lariat. Batista slugs Mr. Kennedy, sending him down into the corner. While Batista fires up the crowd, Kennedy is removing the turnbuckle pad! Batista comes over...but Kennedy grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Batista face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Mr. Kennedy rolls up the stunned Batista: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that? Mr. Kennedy slides out of the ring to the floor, then turns and leaves through the crowd. He's happy to have the win, and evidently isn't going to hang around for Batista to get some payback. Mr. Kennedy is the World Heavyweight Champion.
Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Note: Batista lost overness from this match. Mr. Kennedy gained overness from this match. The World Heavyweight title has lost image.
OVERALL RATING = 82%
CROWD REACTION = 87%
MATCH QUALITY = 73%

-- ECW Heavyweight Title Match!
Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Christian Cage
RVD hits a massive spinning kick to the jaw. Rob Van Dam hits a rolling kick on Mysterio. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. RVD walks into a trip. Mysterio tags out to Randy Orton. Orton slams Rob Van Dam down. Orton whips RVD into the turnbuckles...and the referee gets sandwiched! Randy Orton turns RVD inside-out with a clothesline. Hooks the leg, but there's no referee to make the count. Rude Awakening on Rob Van Dam by Orton. Rob Van Dam blocks a right hand and fires back. Tag to Christian Cage. Suplex into a front slam from Cage. Big dropkick by Christian Cage, who got good elevation. Orton blocks a punch. Back elbow connects, Cage staggers backward. Randy Orton with a standing spinebuster. Hooks the leg : 1....2....3! Randy Orton pins Cage. Dropkick connects, Orton goes down. Spin kick by Rey Mysterio to the face. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Spinning bulldog in the corner, Orton is down. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Mysterio looks shocked. Mysterio only gets knees on a splash. Randy Orton turns Mysterio inside-out with a clothesline. Tag between Randy Orton and Rob Van Dam. 5 Star Frog Splash from RVD. Cover! 1....2....3! Ring the bell. Rob Van Dam pinned Mysterio. RVD hits a wicked chop. Orton counters an avalanche with a raised foot to the face. Powerslam from Randy Orton. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Orton looks shocked. Rob Van Dam hits a right hand out of nowhere. Rob Van Dam hits a rolling kick on Orton. Rob Van Dam floors Randy Orton...and climbs the turnbuckles. Five Star Frog Splash!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. RVD has pinned the Legend Killer and is the new ECW World Champion!
Winner: Rob Van Dam

Note: The ECW Heavyweight title has gained in image.
OVERALL RATING = 83%
CROWD REACTION = 86%
MATCH QUALITY = 79%

-- WWE Heavyweight Title Match!
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
Rude Awakening on Brock Lesnar by Cena. Hard slam by Cena. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Lesnar slips out the back of a John Cena bodyslam. Lesnar slams John Cena. Bodyslam by Lesnar. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Brock Lesnar with a standing spinebuster. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Fallaway slam by Brock Lesnar. Cena blocks a punch. John Cena DDTs Lesnar. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Side suplex from Cena. Pin : 1....2....no! They cut that one close. John Cena with a spinning neckbreaker on Lesnar. Lesnar receives some punishment. Brock Lesnar powers out of a John Cena headlock. Fallaway slam by Brock Lesnar. Lesnar DDTs John Cena. Brock Lesnar has John Cena down on the canvas. Brock picks Cena up on his shoulders and hits the F-5. 1, 2, 3! Brock Lesnar remains in the ring, celebrating the victory as he retains the WWE Championship against the Doctor of Thuganomics.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
Note: John Cena lost overness from this match. Brock Lesnar gained overness from this match. The WWE Heavyweight title has gained in image.
OVERALL RATING = 83%
CROWD REACTION = 87%
MATCH QUALITY = 75%

We got a 1.84 buy rate for 'Unforgiven'!
The attendance was 18028 people.
We made $4600000 from pay-per-view revenue.
We made $1081680 from ticket sales.

Give your thoughts on Unforgiven now!

Last edited:

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Good to see that Kennedy has got a title. Also good to see Cena lose. ;)

Not sure about Van Dam having the ECW title, but he won't be a terrible champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread