Which next-gen console is better?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters
P

pcfan123

its just fine, I have a regular Panasonic Blu Ray player I bought before the Ps3, there is virtually no difference in the 2.

also, PS3 online is free, a small point, but since I hardly play online games it works for me. I dont fancy paying money to play a game online every other month.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well more than gaming my PS3 is exclusively used as media player. I just dont get time to get into gaming anymore so whenever I get time in hand its always utilized in watching movies.

Browsing net on PS3 is worst thing you can do on it. Though it can be used to watch online videos and quality is good. All this for free. No monthly fees required.

XBox uses DVD as disk and that is baby when compared with Blueray's. This means while designing games for Box the developers have to compromise on space.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Most people dont tweak PS3 setting. These separate PS3 from other baby consoles.

Annoyingdevil

Club Cricketer
Xbox 360 sucks
most games have to be downgraded on PS3 because 360 is too crap for PS3 Blur-ray.
Games like Tekken 6 is being downgraded on PS3 because they want the same game for PS3 and 360:mad:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just finished playing Mass Effect and it got me thinking. How awesome would it be if every game came out on both consoles? If I had one console and not the other, I'd surely miss out on one of the two best games I've played all year, ME and MGS4. Why oh why must we have to choose?!

Well actually I know the answer but I wish it wasn't so.

Sureshot

Executive member
Ah the Red Ring of death, mine got that after only three months.

Well done, mine came after 45 minutes. Sent it back, got a refund. Waited till I could afford the PS3 and haven't looked back since.

Just on the look out for a proper sound system for my TV, then I've got a proper entertainment unit. Films in 1080p are immense.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Omg how awesome is Mass Effect Usman? Had no idea you'd played that.

Just started playing it less than three weeks ago. Its really really good. I played as a paragon and I think I'll do it again as a renegade. The storyline was really good as well. The whole reaper thing seemed borrowed from Freespace (see Shivans) but how they supposedly used the citadel was pretty clever. I laughed at the sex scene though, especially since I picked the alien. I wonder if you could pick Wrex if you played as a girl. That'd be awesome!! Absolutely hated the Mako though. I hear there'll be a lot less of that in the next installation from what I hear.

Can't wait for ME2. I'm sure to be broke at the end of the year with Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin's Creed 2 and now Mass Effect 2.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
PS3 is better then 360
Ps3 pad is more easier to use then the 360, it got Blue-ray player, Free Online, Region Free, better graphic and Many more thing like Movies and Music :)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
PS3 is better then 360
Ps3 pad is more easier to use then the 360, it got Blue-ray player, Free Online, Region Free, better graphic and Many more thing like Movies and Music :)

Ok lets make you look silly :)

• "Ps3 pad is more easier to use then the 360," In your opinion. I hate the PS3 pad, plus, on the 360, the triggers allow you to push down a little or a lot, which is great for exclusive titles such as Forza.
  • "it got Blue-ray player," yup, fine piece of technology which bunks up the price of a PS3. It allows a lot more to go into games, but thats about it.
  • "Free Online," yep, but its widely known that Xbox Live is far greater than PSN.
  • "Region Free," I'm from the UK, so it doesn't affect me. Its poor that in 2009, there things like this stopping people from playing games from the UK, in America etc.
  • "Many more thing like Movies and Music," We this simply isn't true, the Xbox 360 has a whole catalogue of movies to download and watch, theres a few decent ones in there also. There is also Last FM coming to the Xbox 360, so no, you're wrong.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ok lets make you look silly :)

• "Ps3 pad is more easier to use then the 360," In your opinion. I hate the PS3 pad, plus, on the 360, the triggers allow you to push down a little or a lot, which is great for exclusive titles such as Forza.
  • "it got Blue-ray player," yup, fine piece of technology which bunks up the price of a PS3. It allows a lot more to go into games, but thats about it.
  • "Free Online," yep, but its widely known that Xbox Live is far greater than PSN.
  • "Region Free," I'm from the UK, so it doesn't affect me. Its poor that in 2009, there things like this stopping people from playing games from the UK, in America etc.
  • "Many more thing like Movies and Music," We this simply isn't true, the Xbox 360 has a whole catalogue of movies to download and watch, theres a few decent ones in there also. There is also Last FM coming to the Xbox 360, so no, you're wrong.
Yes but you can't deny, watching movies in HD is the current state of the art, not even the future. If you otherwise buy a Blu Ray player anyways, you're combining the costs into one.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but you can't deny, watching movies in HD is the current state of the art, not even the future. If you otherwise buy a Blu Ray player anyways, you're combining the costs into one.

I buy a console to play games, therefore its an Xbox because its got more to offer the gamer. Xbox Marketplace was the first of its type really, or the first successful one, and its light years ahead.

If I wanted to watch a DVD, or Blu Ray or however you say it, I'd buy a DVD/Blu Ray player.

And also, "combining the costs into one." isn't something I want, because I can purchase an Xbox for ?120, which is cheap!! PS3's are still ?230+

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I buy a console to play games, therefore its an Xbox because its got more to offer the gamer. Xbox Marketplace was the first of its type really, or the first successful one, and its light years ahead.

If I wanted to watch a DVD, or Blu Ray or however you say it, I'd buy a DVD/Blu Ray player.

And also, "combining the costs into one." isn't something I want, because I can purchase an Xbox for ?120, which is cheap!! PS3's are still ?230+
Yes, there's no doubt that Xbox marketplace is light years ahead.

But you say you'd buy a Blu Ray player. What if a person wants to buy both of them? Wouldn't it be just better to get a PS3 and get done with it, rather than buying two devices seperately?

Of course, I'm taking this scenario into account, but that's all about it isn't it? Suggestions for different scenarios, we leave the choice to the buyer!

And as sid said, wait for 18'th August.

Users who are viewing this thread