Yorkshire sign Jason Gillespie for 2006

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My first impression is what a strange signing. He really looked to be a player on the downward spiral when i have seen him this year.
I hope he can find his feet again and prove the doubters (me inluded) wrong.

Very smart signing, Yorkshire are on to something. He's out for revenge, he'll want to get back into the Australian side with some good domestic form, and who better to do it against than people from the country that ruined it all for him.

He was on a downward spiral. In the Pura cup he has got a number of bowled or LBW. He sounds like he is back to his best.

Certainly not back to his best yet but he isn't over the hill either. I watched him in the ING Cup game vs WA and he was getting some great outswing (been a long time since Gillespie successfully swung the ball) which was promising but he was having trouble controlling it. I think he will play for Australia again though.

He will play for Australia again. I hope he gets back too. Playing in England will make him better.

Shadow007 said:
Certainly not back to his best yet but he isn't over the hill either. I watched him in the ING Cup game vs WA and he was getting some great outswing (been a long time since Gillespie successfully swung the ball) which was promising but he was having trouble controlling it. I think he will play for Australia again though.

If control is his only problem then its a good sign. He is a good enough bowler to fix that up. The good thing is he is swinging the ball. Do you know how quick he was bowling?

aussie1st said:
If control is his only problem then its a good sign. He is a good enough bowler to fix that up. The good thing is he is swinging the ball. Do you know how quick he was bowling?
ABC commentators were impressed, to say the least. Were going on about how his zip is back and he's bowling a lot quicker etc.

Good to hear.

aussie1st said:

There was no gun at the game. Certainly didn't seem to be stretching it pace wise though. Just seemed more concerned with finding his line/length. He's getting to the age where he won't be able to bowl really fast and needs to do what McGrath does. I reckon he can.

Oh well although I would like to see the old Dizzy back the new one who swings the ball will do me just fine. He may not play too many games for Yorkshire heres hoping ;)

They could of picked Gillespie for this AUS-NZ ODI series. Mabee its a little early for his comeback.

He hasn't played enough games to convince the selectors. If he is picked he better keep this swing as last time he was playing ODIs he was a easy hitting guy. The same as Kaspa.

He seems to be in good form, but aussies have better options in Bracken and Lee. And of course McGrath.

Users who are viewing this thread