*You must be online in order to play Don Bradman

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tried all of that and still no luck! Very frustrating :(

So you've tried adding it as an exception to your firewall and antivirus? This sounds very frustrating.

Another issue might be that your router itself is preventing it. What kind of router do you have, are you on a home internet connection?

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Tried all of that and still no luck! Very frustrating :(

Try playing around with your internet hardware.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with the USB port that my wireless adapter was plugged into.

A hard-wired connection to my router sorted the problem out initially and then I moved my adapter from a USB PCI card to a slot on the motherboard and it's running sweetly now.

I had the old adapter/wireless combination running for years with no issues but DBC17 didn't like it for some reason.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
so i bought the game today on steam

i re-installed twice on my comp it keeps saying "You Must be online in order to play Don Brad Man 2017"

Whenever I've got this message on PC I have been able to press a button on my controller and still log in fine. Seems like a UI bug rather than a genuine problem with connectivity.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Verified cache of the game from steam?

shmitee

School Cricketer
Verified cache of the game from steam?
did that multiple times including deleting and re-downloading game files, could be a modem issue, maybe I need to update firmware but I dread the thought of bricking my modem!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Have had that issues few times in DBC 14..Sometimes it was 2-3 times continuously sometimes gets on the next try..Havent encountered this much though..

smasta

Club Captain
Today morning I was getting this issue. Resolved it by changing DNS server setting to google DNS (preferrred 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as alternate)

smasta

Club Captain
Network and sharing center -> Change Adapter settings -> network connections -> <ethernet/wireless> properties> -> Internet protocol version 4 -> properties -> use following DNS server settings

shmitee

School Cricketer
Network and sharing center -> Change Adapter settings -> network connections -> <ethernet/wireless> properties> -> Internet protocol version 4 -> properties -> use following DNS server settings
Thanks for this, hasn't worked yet but I'm wondering if you opened any ports too?

FollowOn

Club Captain
Well happened to me as well , just switched the wifi dongle to front USB port which is much more closer to wifi router , poof problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread