Your Designs for BLIC game covers - includes thecricketfan's covers

thecricketfan said:
By all means you are all welcome to post ur designs on this thread. We all would like to see your designs. I think its time for me to chill and see you guys do a few designs (that would be nice). Only Aseem has made some covers so far on this thread (also not forgetting mine ). :D

More designs to come mid week.

Thanks for the comments ajay. Remember it's not always about being creative. It's also about being a natural professional like me. :D

I know how to work the programs, just can't get any design right. I had the same problem with my GT4 Photmode Magazine cover Competition. Took 1 whole week to get it looking like it is and it is still not good enough to get close to winning. Thats what I was trying to explain about your work that it's not hard to actually work the image programs to do what you did but you to be able to get it looking great is what I lack.

ajay2k5 said:
I know how to work the programs, just can't get any design right. I had the same problem with my GT4 Photmode Magazine cover Competition. Took 1 whole week to get it looking like it is and it is still not good enough to get close to winning. Thats what I was trying to explain about your work that it's not hard to actually work the image programs to do what you did but you to be able to get it looking great is what I lack.

Cheap best way is look at others example then copy it and add your changes. But then there is no Buzz in doing it in the first place.

It requires alot of effort to get it right straight from the begining. :onpc

1) You seem to have a problem with your keyboard. It looks like you can't turn off caps lock. I suggest you have it looked at.

2) I also suggest you look in the Cricket 2005 forum.

thecricketfan said:
Cheap best way is look at others example then copy it and add your changes. But then there is no Buzz in doing it in the first place.

It requires alot of effort to get it right straight from the begining. :onpc

I didn't mean to make is sound like your a crap designer as your not. I was just saying that the way to make them is easy but you designing skills as in making the way the look are great. Sorry man.

Hi Cricketfan, Ive been following your cover designs on all the cricket threads, great work. Can I offer one suggestion, just to tighten your design up?

Where you have the stroked white outline on the wording infront of the cricket ball, I think if you include that outline around all the wording it will make the design a bit more consistent. Just my thoughts.Keep up the good work!

rpic28yy.jpg

Not great, but I was bored

EDIT: Minor adjustment

Last edited:
ajay2k5 said:
I didn't mean to make is sound like your a crap designer as your not. I was just saying that the way to make them is easy but you designing skills as in making the way the look are great. Sorry man.

No need to be sorry ajay, i wasn't offended at all. In fact your right about creative mind etc. Obviously with out the creativness it would be harder to accomplish. Its just you caught me at the wrong time.

CaptainHowdy said:
Hi Cricketfan, Ive been following your cover designs on all the cricket threads, great work. Can I offer one suggestion, just to tighten your design up?

Where you have the stroked white outline on the wording infront of the cricket ball, I think if you include that outline around all the wording it will make the design a bit more consistent. Just my thoughts.Keep up the good work!

Just to let you know CaptianHowdy, these designs are beta and I have rushed them. If I spend more time doing them they will look much, much better. It's the time to find.

I know what you mean about the line on the ball around the text. I originally ripped the logo from codiemasters website so it will appear a little out of tune. But if you look at the Inizamam-ul-haq and Sachin Tendulkar cricket covers they are fine.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep it up. We need some designs from everyone.

brad352 said:
rpic28yy.jpg

Not great, but I was bored

EDIT: Minor adjustment
Nice work Brad352, keep it up.

rpiccase2ox.jpg

(Used Fireworks to fit it to the case, original is Photoshop)

EDIT: Some BLIC ones

blicbox5gg.jpg

blic26ei.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread