Your Cricket Your fastest delivery

offdriven4 said:
accurate,when i'm not trying to bowl as afst as,i won't be in a county side though,dodgy knee,and i'm about 5 ft 9
O rite ok same here with the accuracy part... :p and i don't think i will get in a county side either :noway

Harrypotter_fan said:
110 km/h = about 70 mph.
Pretty good for a 13 year old

King Pietersen said:
i discovered a decent technique for bowling slower balls today, bowled loads to my dad, he just couldnt pick them :P. What i do is i have only my index finger (one to the right of my thumb incase that isnt index finger :P) on the seam and then when going through my action just rub my finger across the seam and it applies spin to the ball which really slows it down. Try it out.

I've never been tested on a speed gun but my dad reckons i am bowling about mid 70's and i am pretty accurate aswell, which is awesome. I'm 17 btw and about 6ft.

with the slower ball i feel it helps to jsut split your fingers ,the wider they are from the seam the slower you deliver it

I have a spinning slower balls, i find it quite effective, but it needs more practice so i dont use it in games just yet.

I am actually very slow! =P We don't have that stuff here in Norway to measure I am afraid. But I am very slow, as a matter of fact I have almost stopped playing cricket so I don't think I will get much faster...

@ sd92, you should be proud! You are as fast as Ganguly!!! :p

i rarelly get a chance to bowl with reall cricket balls, usually its just a tennis ball with tape around it but with the really thing i bet i could get it close to 75-80 mph. im only 5'10 and 20 years old but i only started playing cricket 2 years ago and it doesnt help that im from Serbia because i think that im the only person from my country thats ever picked up a cricket ball lol so its not like it runs in the family and im not really surounded with cricket because now i live in Canada.

@ offdriven- when u bowl your slover ball with the split finger action does it tend to dip alot the closer it gets to the stumps?

i bowl my slover ball with the ball in my palm it helps me control it more and get the line correct.

anakwalajinn said:
@ sd92, you should be proud! You are as fast as Ganguly!!! :p

Awesome, shame i cannot bat as well as him, or i would be possibly one of the youngest International players the world has ever seen. :p

bowling quick is a mindset and action helps alot but if you want to do it its not as hard as it seems i can bowl 100kph in indoor without trying and a player on my team bowls at my outdoor pace... but he plays first grade outdoor

Ye i bowl much quicker indoors, cos then u can afford to bowl wides and it doesn't matter. In games you are more under pressure and don't want to bowl wides and no-balls for the sake of your team so you tone it down a little to lower the possibility of you doing so.

150km/h but sadly uncontrolled (and can be considered a chuck). Its either a full toss, beamer or wide (very wide). Line and length deliver is around 120 km/h. I've bowled a good ball at 125 km/h. At the moment i'm trying to work on deliveries (cutters, in-swingers, etc.) rather than pace. I'm 17.

EDIT: The "chuck" was 146km/h...

Last edited:
i wanna go back down the nets to see if i can get quicker now that i dont have the flu as sereve but ive done something to my back the good thing was when i made a minor change my action speed and accuracy increase

I play pretty high grade, I bowl between 100-100kph but I could clock 120kph if I wanted but there is no real need to if I'm taking wickets.

I've faced 140-150kph bowling. I'd think you'd have to be right on turning around 20 before you could bowl that fast.

i really think anyone who says they can bowl that fast is lying and cheating themselves but we will believe you so you feel better about yourself in your sad little lifes...

Users who are viewing this thread