Your Cricket Your fastest delivery

manee said:
My fastest delivery is 56mph, I am 15 years old and hope to get the pace up to 65mph as I have not been timed recently and believe to be bowling faster these days.

Congratulations manee for being virtually the only honest person in here. Those of you who are 13 and say you can bowl over 70, get a grip. It's virtually impossible for a 13 year old to bowl anywhere near that. I tell you this from experience.

JamesyJames3 said:
Congratulations manee for being virtually the only honest person in here. Those of you who are 13 and say you can bowl over 70, get a grip. It's virtually impossible for a 13 year old to bowl anywhere near that. I tell you this from experience.

I agree, one of my friends whos a year older than just touches 60 and hes lightning for his age. Personally i've never measured but I would think i'm mid 50s up to 60 in full flight.

True, I am amazed at how many future Brett Lees there are on this forum.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but I am watching the funniest movie on sky premiere.

Half of you just don't realise how fast international standard (75-100) really is. In under 13's itll be very rare to face a bowler even 60mph. Most likely the quickest is around late 40s (It sounds low, but it's true). Under 15's your body develops and you can get a lot stronger, here the odd bowler can reach early 60s. And so on.

There is the odd exception to the norms such as offdriven claims. Some 17 year olds could bowl up to 80 odd, but its incredibly rare. That's why in a thread like this you really have to take peoples answers with a pinch of salt.

James do you know what sort of pace people at your age bowl (or sort of club cricket pace)? I've always wanted to know if it was like around 80mph but sprayed around or quite slower (<70mph).

Drewska said:
And i'm guessing that in a similar way to him you chuck, take drugs and act like a idiot a fair bit of the time. Not far off.
Great point!!:p

Drewska said:
James do you know what sort of pace people at your age bowl (or sort of club cricket pace)? I've always wanted to know if it was like around 80mph but sprayed around or quite slower (<70mph).

Well, at my level of club cricket, the maximum sort of pace you get is 75mph. But this is even rare. You will be suprised how quick that is actually!!

At University I reckon I have faced a tad bit quicker.

At the top level of club cricket (County Premier Leagues). You can get bowlers bowling low to mid 80s.

Thats interesting...how old r u, 19/20??

JamesyJames3 said:
Well, at my level of club cricket, the maximum sort of pace you get is 75mph. But this is even rare. You will be suprised how quick that is actually!!

Yes my ribs found out what 75 was like on the bowling machine...lucky it was a machine ball :D

When people say they've faced 90 mph bowling, they say it as if they faced a few overs and played their shots when, in reality, they faced a few balls, got bowled twice and ducked the third one.

Will_NA said:
When people say they've faced 90 mph bowling, they say it as if they faced a few overs and played their shots when, in reality, they faced a few balls, got bowled twice and ducked the third one.
Have you ever faced 90mph Will?

Will_NA said:
True, I am amazed at how many future Brett Lees there are on this forum.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but I am watching the funniest movie on sky premiere.
Please expand. Would like to know what this movie is, preferably.

He couldn't possibly tel ya in here. It would have to be a private message...but a clue is its in the adult section.

i am a 12 year old medium pacer. Quite slow really and have absoultely no idea on my pace. My dad says around 30kph. How much is that mph?

Feelin Blue? said:
i am a 12 year old medium pacer. Quite slow really and have absoultely no idea on my pace. My dad says around 30kph. How much is that mph?
A bit under 20mph I think. May be selling yourself short a bit there, you'd be struggling to get to the other end of the pitch bowling at that pace. At least you're being honest though.

Users who are viewing this thread