Your Player Cards

Uxo8wc4.png

There we go

Attachments

• burke_danny_26.png
    burke_danny_26.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 1
Just in case anyone missed it as the thread moves so fast, I wouldn't worry about entering Stats until after the next Academy update.

Arghh, Ross!! And I've manually entered stats for over 120 players till date in CA. Couldn't you come up with that a month ago?

PS: Kidding. :p Looking fwd to how you implement the stuff.

Hope they pull infos from cricinfo...

Not sure if there are any compyright issues there though...

Hope they pull infos from cricinfo...

Not sure if there are any compyright issues there though...

Wouldn't that lead to licence infringements though? I mean, BCCI certainly wouldn't welcome an unlicensed video game picking up Tendulkar's stats from cricinfo for say a Tindoolka! You know what I mean...

They wouldn't like you looking at videos on YouTube either... I didn't do it.

Both games have "unlicensed generic players" with an editor. I haven't sen theirs so I have no idea if it matches ours functionally, especially given the "all that and more" comment - I guess we start finding out stuff tomorrow :)

Last edited:
I imagine as long as BigAnt aren't the ones putting the stats in the game then theyre fine..

Wouldn't that lead to licence infringements though? I mean, BCCI certainly wouldn't welcome an unlicensed video game picking up Tendulkar's stats from cricinfo for say a Tindoolka! You know what I mean...

But they are not doing it themselves. What if BA let us search players from cricinfo and link our created player to them? Would that be copyright infringnement? The cricinfo database is accessible to the public to see and access after all.

But then again i dont know much about copyright rules.

There are over 4000 players in the server. No one will go through the trouble to post them all.

Best is to find out a way to disable norton. if you cant find any option to disable it, try to add exception for dbc14. if you dont know how to do that, then uninstall it...download and install BCA and reinstall norton.

I didn't mean all 4000 in the CA. I meant the ones that have been posted here!!!

But they are not doing it themselves. What if BA let us search players from cricinfo and link our created player to them? Would that be copyright infringnement? The cricinfo database is accessible to the public to see and access after all.

But then again i dont know much about copyright rules.

Yeah. Worth a wait really. Hope it makes keeping the players up to date real easy, no matter how they implement it.

Would that be copyright infringnement? The cricinfo database is accessible to the public to see and access after all.

Just because you read it on a website, doesn't mean you can take it and use it for something completely different. You need approvals for that stuff, since BigAnt/TruBlu are in the business of making money, I imagine ESPN would want their cut should their be an "official" link between their database and a game... They wouldn't just do it out of the kindness of their hearts...

Option 1: I imagine the stat information ties into the licenses they may (or may not) have obtained which may or may not be included in the next update, Pure speculation...

Option 2: I imagine a facility built into the DBC14 Academy to import stats from alternate sources that we (as a forum) could create some back-door way of reading information from a website source, off excel sheets or something...

Option 3: Unicorn blood

Option 2: I imagine a facility built into the DBC14 Academy to import stats from alternate sources that we (as a forum) could create some back-door way of reading information from a website source, off excel sheets or something...

Option 2! Bang on!

Users who are viewing this thread