Your Cricket Your Records And Your Life In Cricket

bullshit_everywhere-e1345505471862.jpeg

Unlike everyone else, I've got video evidence of my best spell:

Last edited by a moderator:
You get to play on grass? half my grounds are just dust, which makes batting easy... no so great for a leg spinner though.

I no longer play competitively as of two years ago, but the highest level I have reached is first grade in the Western Australia Suburban Turf competition as an opening bowler, batting between 8 and 11. I have also played 3rd and 4th Grade in the WACA competition, which is the competition that sits under State.

Haven't got any great record to boast about. A few 5 fors, 4 fors. My best bowling in senior cricket is 5/17 and my best score is 57* - both came about when playing second grade suburban turf. My top 5 highest scores have come about from either opening the batting or coming in as a night watchman.

Playing as a quick bowler really is so hard on your body. I play football (AFL) in winter, and a day out in the field is harder than any football game I have ever played.

I now play tennis instead, competitively. I still love cricket, and play indoor cricket with my work team once a week. I plan on playing competitively again and have been working hard on my batting and my leg-spin bowling (easier on my body) - the aim is to play the rest of my life in a low grade as an opening bat or batting allrounder, bowling some leggies when required, just for the fun of it- cos that's what its all about!

Last edited:
Playing as a quick bowler really is so hard on your body. I still love cricket, and plan on playing competitively again and have been working hard on my batting and my leg-spin bowling (easier on my body) - the aim is to play the rest of my life in a low grade as an opening bat or batting allrounder, bowling some leggies when required, just for the fun of it- cos that's what its all about!

This bit sums up what I've decided in the last couple of weeks perfectly!

Last edited:
My life in cricket

I started playing cricket at the age of 8.But its a few months back i have improved a lot,thanks to the cricket matches i play every friday with big men.Iam a Right-Arm-Fast Bowler and i can bowl between 100-140 km/hr, i think so.Iam 14 years old.The Best of my innings came when me and my 2 friends played a 5 over match and my rival friend posted 30 runs.But when me and my friend started batting we tried hard but missed the shots.Finally my friend became frustrated and he tried to slog but missed it and it knocked off the middle stump.2 overs were left and the score was 10-1.i needed 21 runs of 12 deliveries.But i could only get 4 runs from that over.And in the last over i needed
16 runs.Luckily for me,i got a 4 in the 2nd ball.The next ball went for a small 6.But i missed the 4th ball.Next ball i got a 4 and i needed 3 from the last ball.But i somehow managed to hit a 6 in the last ball and seal the match.It was my best innings.But now my batting has became worse.I cant play through the off-side and missing my shots.

Because you're 14, If a fourteen year old is bowling 130kph then he would be looking at bowling 150+ when his muscles have developed properly, there is nothing wrong with bowling less than 100kph when you're 14. Even if you are the quickest person your age I would not expect anything over 80-90kph , which is nothing to be ashamed of, pace will come when strength does and if you are 80-90kph now then I could see you potentially bowling 130kph someday.

I'm pretty sure he would be bowling over 100 kph I was bowling 115 kph when I was 11 ( not wides :p ) @NoLeName

Because it's not like it's the internet and you can just make shit up at will or anything. The fastest bowlers at the age of 11 can generally hit about 85km/h max. If you were bowling 115 at 11, and they were "not wides", then no doubt you would have been playing for some rep teams. Given your grammar I'm going to guess you are not much over 11, which means these rep teams would have profiles or at least team lists up on the internet. You want to give us a link to yours?

Users who are viewing this thread