Your streaks in the nets

Yeah, knocked it clean outta the practice pitch... flew up in the air. Was awesome.

Yes done it twice. Also one stump on the batsman's end got knocked over once also.

Anyone hit a perfectly aerial shot down the pitch that went all the way and hit the bricks at the very end without touching ground? Did it a couple of times today. Extremely hard to do so (both were setups). Hopefully that means hitting sixes will be hard too.

Yes done it twice. Also one stump on the batsman's end got knocked over once also.

Anyone hit a perfectly aerial shot down the pitch that went all the way and hit the bricks at the very end without touching ground? Did it a couple of times today. Extremely hard to do so (both were setups). Hopefully that means hitting sixes will be hard too.

I had a couple of shots that bounced just before the boundary... sort of a one bounce boundary. Both times I played a straight drive, right over the bowling machine, off a back of length delivery.

By the way when you knocked the stump out, did you use the trigger?

Has anyone played on to their stumps? I've only had faint edges go on and hit the stumps, but no thick inside edges being played on to the stumps.

Yup, I was using the forceful shot trigger. I also mistimed one and it flicked up in the air and landed (probablly) millimeters away from the stumps at the bowler end. I was recording that one, wished it had hit...

Haven't managed to time a decent shot to hit the back of the practice nets building yet. Good to know it can be done though!

...and Oz, yup. Played onto my stumps about 2mins ago before I checked in here. It was an inside edge onto my pads then onto the top of the stumps. I was like all "OH SHIT!" out-loud, haha.

Unfortunately even when you put the batsmen on very poor and the bowling machine on very good it is not challenging with the two camera views from behind the batsmen. Still yet to master the pro view so I can't complain at the moment about how easy the game is.. So far disappointed, I hyped it up to much by the looks of it. Though credit is due, the game is better than all the other previous cricket games.

Has anyone played on to their stumps? I've only had faint edges go on and hit the stumps, but no thick inside edges being played on to the stumps.

Yup. Tried to hit an on drive to a short of length delivery, got a thick edge on to the body and then on to the stumps.

So far disappointed, I hyped it up to much by the looks of it. Though credit is due, the game is better than all the other previous cricket games.

It's better than other previous titles but you're disappointed? Your insane ramblings are the work of beauty, sir. Have another drink.

Yup, I was using the forceful shot trigger. I also mistimed one and it flicked up in the air and landed (probablly) millimeters away from the stumps at the bowler end. I was recording that one, wished it had hit...

Haven't managed to time a decent shot to hit the back of the practice nets building yet. Good to know it can be done though!

...and Oz, yup. Played onto my stumps about 2mins ago before I checked in here. It was an inside edge onto my pads then onto the top of the stumps. I was like all "OH SHIT!" out-loud, haha.
On one occasion, I was beaten by spin and the ball hit the very top of off stump. That was way cool.

I've had a few turn and catch the edge of the bat when facing spin. So cool.

I've played on a few times. I also blocked one late and on to the stumps. I've had one that I edged onto my leg, then onto the stumps.

That explains it as I rarely used the trigger. I tried the trigger a few times early on but the shots were more slogs than proper cricketing shots and went with the vanilla analog sticks.

I once got an outside edge into the stumps. Went way down legside to block and got the line wrong and it took the edge and then the top of the stamps. Had quite a few inside edge, then to pads followed by stumps. Did not have a true inside edge yet.

I had a couple of shots that bounced just before the boundary... sort of a one bounce boundary. Both times I played a straight drive, right over the bowling machine, off a back of length delivery.

By the way when you knocked the stump out, did you use the trigger?

No. Without triggers. I barely use them. I prefer just using the sticks and block/sweep buttons.

Had to dance down the ground against spin to hit sixes. Mostly at best i get the one bounce boundary.

Love the real thin nick's too! Always great to see in a cricket game ! Hope spinners don't drift it in the air like that in full game tho abit much atm but Very impressed so far! :thumbs

Unfortunately even when you put the batsmen on very poor and the bowling machine on very good it is not challenging with the two camera views from behind the batsmen. Still yet to master the pro view so I can't complain at the moment about how easy the game is.. So far disappointed, I hyped it up to much by the looks of it. Though credit is due, the game is better than all the other previous cricket games.

You gotta keep in mind the nets are just a way for people to get used to the controls and not a function of actual difficulty level in the game. I don't think they could replicate the AI in the CA beta.

----------

Love the real thin nick's too! Always great to see in a cricket game ! Hope spinners don't drift it in the air like that in full game tho abit much atm but Very impressed so far! :thumbs

Yeah nicks are awesome and the sound they make is perfect :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread