Your streaks in the nets

My feedback was tailored more towards the game as I can see this 'bowling speed' or 'reaction time' setting enhance longevity. I am sure both hardcore gamers and 'pick up n play' crowd would love it.

A bit off-topic, but just wanted to make comment on this as it's been something I've been thinking about for a long time.

One of my concerns is that because players need time to play their shot, the bowling speed is significantly reduced. However this will also take away the feeling of bowling or facing thrillingly quick deliveries.

In real life as a batsman though you instinctively know whether the ball is going to be short or full as it is actually released from the bowlers hand - that is the earlier a bowler releases it the fuller it will be, the later then the shorter.

I wonder whether there could be some prior indicator as to the length of the delivery (and it might just be watching the bowlers hand closely with clear animation changes, it could be a rumble in the gamepad, it might be on on-screen indicator) so you could then allow faster balls to be bowled in-game and you would only really need to pick the line.

If you allowed for the balls to come down quicker as the difficulty increased I think it might be manageable from a gamer's perspective, having spent a fair bit of time in the Cricket Academy nets.

It would change the whole mechanic of the game, but anything that allows the thrill of really fast bowling to be experienced in-game is worth it IMO.

I got my streak up to 33.

The streak-breaking delivery is the one that is WAY outside off stump. Wide down the leg side is a challenge as well, but the one that would probably be called a wide in test matches is the bastard!

Yeah, probably a tad unfair :)

32 is the best I've been able to do. That real wide one on the off is really annoying when you're trying to build a streak. In my copy, the game seems to lag a lot just before bowling that wide one, and if I am able to cream it it magically ends up on the next turf over. Seems like a bug to me.

Overall, I'm really happy with the ball physics. Every time I cream the ball on to the tarp, it rolls down the tarp very naturally. Love it.

I apologize if I'm asking an obvious question, but does anyone know what the color of the mark around the ball represents? My guess was line or length.

Maybe we could have a Top 5 leaderboard for the streak challenge?

We could use an honesty policy at first, but any streak over 50 requires evidence with a screenshot!

A bit off-topic, but just wanted to make comment on this as it's been something I've been thinking about for a long time.

One of my concerns is that because players need time to play their shot, the bowling speed is significantly reduced. However this will also take away the feeling of bowling or facing thrillingly quick deliveries.

In real life as a batsman though you instinctively know whether the ball is going to be short or full as it is actually released from the bowlers hand - that is the earlier a bowler releases it the fuller it will be, the later then the shorter.

I wonder whether there could be some prior indicator as to the length of the delivery (and it might just be watching the bowlers hand closely with clear animation changes, it could be a rumble in the gamepad, it might be on on-screen indicator) so you could then allow faster balls to be bowled in-game and you would only really need to pick the line.

If you allowed for the balls to come down quicker as the difficulty increased I think it might be manageable from a gamer's perspective, having spent a fair bit of time in the Cricket Academy nets.

It would change the whole mechanic of the game, but anything that allows the thrill of really fast bowling to be experienced in-game is worth it IMO.

Yeah that's a tough one, i.e. how to accurately represent a sport and keeping it fun for gamers as well. IMO you can never have any sport represented or re-created accurately in a video game for the simple reason that it's a video game and not the real sport. You can implement any mechanism but it will throw up unique challenges of its own. It's a bit like democracy, i.e. it's not perfect but it's the best solution we have. This is what Big Ant is faced with and thankfully for us they are on the right track.

----------

how do you take that screenshot?

I would say using 'PrntScr' function.

Last edited:
The one i took was done with my ipad. No prnt scr button in my keyboard. I generally try to cut the wide one in backfoot. Kinda hard but get it right 5 outta 7 times. I generally miss the bouncers. Always get surprised by them.

Has anyone been able to hit the brick wall down the end? I guess it will be considered a 6. I was able to do it twice only by dancing down the ground to spinners.

The one i took was done with my ipad. No prnt scr button in my keyboard. I generally try to cut the wide one in backfoot. Kinda hard but get it right 5 outta 7 times. I generally miss the bouncers. Always get surprised by them.

I edge most of the bouncers but the wide full one outside off is the one I am struggling against. 80% of the time I miss it :(

Yeah that wide delivery is really annoying, I gave up on it in the end and now I just leave it alone, I know it defeats the object of trying to get a 'streak' going but i'd rather practice playing balls on their merit.

@ cric_online, Practice with the marker on. Put the marker wide of you and try different shots to see which one works.

Never posted on here before, usually post about this game over on BigFooty. Got this yesterday facing the legend difficulty.

nYth17u.jpg

The wide one outside off stump is actually pretty simple to play, point both analog sticks down to the bottom right, causes Don to play a late cut.

Get ready for some serious @$$ whooping when the game comes out! Here's the new record holder on default settings (Against Fast on Pro with Average batsman) :D

Ross you can ship that game tonight :cheers

Attachments

• 107_1.jpg
    107_1.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 107_2.jpg
    107_2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread