Your streaks in the nets

Yeah, thanks for your expert advice :facepalm

Whaaaat??? I really dont, i ended my 68 streak by playing a unorthodox shot (back when i did not know about this thread)...
Try the method man throw that sarcasm at me only when it does not work for u

Whaaaat??? I really dont, i ended my 68 streak by playing a unorthodox shot (back when i did not know about this thread)...
Try the method man throw that sarcasm at me only when it does not work for u

Other people have made it much higher than you without your "expert" advice. It's not really a guaranteed way to 100 when it has never been achieved.

Other people have made it much higher than you without your "expert" advice. It's not really a guaranteed way to 100 when it has never been achieved.

Im sure they have and sure enough they have done it without my advice, but my advice isnt targeted at their methods...its just a trick to make it easier for those who havent got those highscores...true i havent got to that score but despite that i have posted this because im simply confident in the method...

What's up with the aggression towards tipu? The dude was just suggesting one way out of the 100 ones. He didnt come off as some arrogant douche who thinks only his way works. Chill out guys. :)

Ill edit the post if u guys still think that its misleading, i have absolutely no problem with that since that was never my intention...but i think that labelling it as untrue and misleading without testing it would be a bit unfair

I am very chilled :)

I was just pointing out that he claimed to have known an easy way to get to 100 but yet hasn't pulled it off himself, hence the facepalm.

I apologise if I sounded rude. I, like SpitfiresKent thought it was odd that he hadn't reached 100 even though he said it was easy, but I probably should have put it in a calmer or nicer way. I wasn't trying to label it as untrue or a lie though.

Last edited:
I am very chilled :)

I was just pointing out that he claimed to have known an easy way to get to 100 but yet hasn't pulled it off himself, hence the facepalm.

I understand that, your statements are highly justified...but my justifications lie in the method not in the posts...

I have edited the post, i hope that it helps; since that was my aim in the first place...

Last edited:
So everyone is better than me :( my highest is still 24, to the leg spinner on legend mode, and that didn't really count I just played aggressive straight drive coming down the pitch, totally pre-meditated and most would have been caught out.

Properly playing, as in actually trying to play a ball semi on its merits - but not leaving, obviously - highest is 17 (fast, legend)

To be honest going down to veteran or pro doesn't make much difference.

One problem I have is I'm too heavy handed and end up pressing the analogue stick for a leave rather than play the shot :(

Here's a streak in the nets:

Streaker-5601664.jpg

Seriously though, has anyone played a genuine sweep shot? I can't seem to activate it - perhaps I am attempting to sweep with the wrong deliveries.

Batting against spin is hard!

[sorry for a repeat question: what do the colours mean? I assume it's the speed of the delivery?]

Sweep seems to come under unorthodox thread. That and behind to leg gets the sweep

If by colours you mean marker round the ball it indicates length - red short, green good, yellow full.

Finally got the CA to work on my lappie by lowering the resolution in CA's config.ini file and what a difference lag free net practice makes! Firstly big thumbs up to Ross and Big Ant team :thumbs It's fun to bat in nets though I find have to pre-mediate shots against fast bowlers to some extent. Against medium pacers and spinners it's an absolute joy to bat!

One particular item of feedback for Ross after spending a few hours batting in the nets... is it possible to have a "bowling speed" setting as an option? It would be sort of a slider based on which you can select how fast the ball reaches the batsman. Thus for someone like me I could have the slider at half way setting and it will give me more time to judge line & length against pacers and play a shot appropriately. OTOH Someone who is finding it too easy can ramp up the slider near the end of the scale and barely get any time to judge line & length.

By the way anyone has any idea how to tackle the full length delivery way outside off? No matter what shot I select I miss it and end my streak :( Any tips with respect to timing and shot selection would be appreciated.

Last edited:
32 on Legend with no HUD assists, no blocking, Fast bowler/seam.

It's kind of cheating with the bowling machine though because you can see what line it is going to bowl as it changes position just before it bowls it.

Last edited:
Finally got the CA to work on my lappie by lowering the resolution in CA's config.ini file and what a difference lag free net practice makes! Firstly big thumbs up to Ross and Big Ant team :thumbs It's fun to bat in nets though I find have to pre-mediate shots against fast bowlers to some extent. Against medium pacers and spinners it's an absolute joy to bat!

One particular item of feedback for Ross after spending a few hours batting in the nets... is it possible to have a "bowling speed" setting as an option? It would be sort of a slider based on which you can select how fast the ball reaches the batsman. Thus for someone like me I could have the slider at half way setting and it will give me more time to judge line & length against pacers and play a shot appropriately. OTOH Someone who is finding it too easy can ramp up the slider near the end of the scale and barely get any time to judge line & length.

By the way anyone has any idea how to tackle the full length delivery way outside off. No matter what shot I select I miss it and end my streak :( Any tips with respect to timing and shot selection would be appreciated.

Thanks, yeah speed would have been a good idea, I think the guys wanted to provide something that might be a bit more random and keep you in the nets longer. We can change CA independently of the game itself so it is something I will discuss.

The game also has options that are not in CA.

Thanks, yeah speed would have been a good idea, I think the guys wanted to provide something that might be a bit more random and keep you in the nets longer. We can change CA independently of the game itself so it is something I will discuss.

The game also has options that are not in CA.

My feedback was tailored more towards the game as I can see this 'bowling speed' or 'reaction time' setting enhance longevity. I am sure both hardcore gamers and 'pick up n play' crowd would love it.

Users who are viewing this thread