Your streaks in the nets

Scored 175* and quit. Default settings - Fast bowler, I think it was "Pro" level or whatever the default is. Only front-foot defensive shots, though. Each one of them.

The trick is getting those balls that york wide outside the off stump. Luckily the machine takes a second extra to release those balls, so when there's a lull like that, you can always expect a ball wide outside off.

Has anyone been able to hit the back wall on the full? On several occasions I've got it with one bounce :P

Tried it a lot cannot hit it directly but with bounce quite a few times.

Did it 3 times.

How? Did you advance down the wicket? or did you just use the L2/LT (Aggressive shot)? Also, against what kind of bowling were you able to hit the 6 - fast or spin?

Lemme know coz the best I can do is hit a one bounce boundary.

Anyone had a bouncer fly right past their earhole yet?

Given a potential bat pad catch playing a spinner?

Chopped a cut onto your stumps?

Anyone had a bouncer fly right past their earhole yet?

Given a potential bat pad catch playing a spinner?

Chopped a cut onto your stumps?

English openers been doing "all that and more" all series.

Ok I can't play shots towards fine leg - sort of a fine leg glance off the hips or a forceful hook/pull shot in that direction. Currently the pull shots and flick off the legs goes towards square leg and not fine enough.

Whenever I try to play in the direction of fine leg off front (left stick up/north) or back foot (left stick back/south) with right stick pulled back and left (south-west if you consider straight drive as north), I end up playing a cut shot (sort of late cut) and mostly miss the ball.

Ross/HBK/anyone let me know what I might be doing wrong and how to play shots towards fine leg or nudge it past the wkt keeper?

I've only just got my controller so I've had my first half hour with it, legend mode, near batsman cam, best is 30 odd, mostly drives.

On the one hand, it's deffo the best cricket game I've seen, obviously a real effort to do things properly. On the other hand I do find it frustratingly slow.

I haven't got used to the controls yet, not sure I'm doing it right. My instinct is to try and make a shape like the arc of the stroke with my right stick, and that doesn't seem to work very well, like the game is expecting me to just point where I want the ball to go instead.

And probably a dumb question but how do you play a genuine flick through midwicket? It's one of my favourite shots but every time I try to hit the ball there it produces an on drive, which is a bit odd looking - everything in front of square off the front foot on the leg side is coming out as a straight bat shot.

How? Did you advance down the wicket? or did you just use the L2/LT (Aggressive shot)? Also, against what kind of bowling were you able to hit the 6 - fast or spin?

Lemme know coz the best I can do is hit a one bounce boundary.

2 of them against spin by advancing down the ground. One of them against fast bowler using the aggressive button L2. I have had one bounce boundary using the thumb sticks only. Pretty cool to look at all the different kind of results for the same shots.

----------

Ok I can't play shots towards fine leg - sort of a fine leg glance off the hips or a forceful hook/pull shot in that direction. Currently the pull shots and flick off the legs goes towards square leg and not fine enough.

Whenever I try to play in the direction of fine leg off front (left stick up/north) or back foot (left stick back/south) with right stick pulled back and left (south-west if you consider straight drive as north), I end up playing a cut shot (sort of late cut) and mostly miss the ball.

Ross/HBK/anyone let me know what I might be doing wrong and how to play shots towards fine leg or nudge it past the wkt keeper?

I havent played it extremely fine. But i have played it fine leg by leg glancing the ball very late. Left stick down and right stick left

I've only just got my controller so I've had my first half hour with it, legend mode, near batsman cam, best is 30 odd, mostly drives.

On the one hand, it's deffo the best cricket game I've seen, obviously a real effort to do things properly. On the other hand I do find it frustratingly slow.

I haven't got used to the controls yet, not sure I'm doing it right. My instinct is to try and make a shape like the arc of the stroke with my right stick, and that doesn't seem to work very well, like the game is expecting me to just point where I want the ball to go instead.

And probably a dumb question but how do you play a genuine flick through midwicket? It's one of my favourite shots but every time I try to hit the ball there it produces an on drive, which is a bit odd looking - everything in front of square off the front foot on the leg side is coming out as a straight bat shot.

Yeah behind the square shots, especially on the leg side are difficult to play. I can't seem to play much in the direction of fine leg.

I'd love to tell you about my great streak in the nets; but I'd probably get banned if I did...

Yeah behind the square shots, especially on the leg side are difficult to play. I can't seem to play much in the direction of fine leg.

I'm ok with those. My problem is I want to flick the ball through midwicket, but they come out as straight bat drives instead of flick shots. The ball goes more or less where I want but it's the wrong shot.

I'm ok with those. My problem is I want to flick the ball through midwicket, but they come out as straight bat drives instead of flick shots. The ball goes more or less where I want but it's the wrong shot.

Have played some off the back foot i think, but yeah front foot always comes out as a drive.

Best looking shot i have played though was a back-foot cover drive off a short ball, where i actually picked both line and length, knowing it wasn't there for cut or pull, absolutely gorgeous and just pinged along the ground to the fence in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread