Your streaks in the nets

Just hit another six with just the agressive button. Off a full toss (staged). It is pretty cool that the batsman needs to get under the ball to lift it even with aggressive button.

I havent played it extremely fine. But i have played it fine leg by leg glancing the ball very late. Left stick down and right stick left

Yup I can get the glance or flick off the legs to work if I play the shot in the direction of square leg or mid wicket by pointing left/west on right stick. But if I want to hit it fine with right stick pointed to back & left (south-west) the batsman plays a late cut sort of shot and misses the ball altogether.

HBK, can you pls let us know whether it's a bug in the nets and will be fine in the game, or let us know the right way to play finer shots behind the square on the leg side.

----------

Just hit another six with just the agressive button. Off a full toss (staged). It is pretty cool that the batsman needs to get under the ball to lift it even with aggressive button.

Hit my first 6 against medium pace with L2/LT aggressive button. It was a good length ball on the leg stump... I pointed left & forward on the left stick and played a straight drive. The ball went right on top of the bowling machine and into the wall :yes

Last edited:
Have played some off the back foot i think, but yeah front foot always comes out as a drive.

Well I don't want to sound like a moaner but I'm seriously gutted if you can't play through midwicket with the orthodox shot, especially as it's one great batsmen are renowned for. Playing fast bowling with a straight bat through midwicket looks really odd, don't think I've ever seen it happen in a proper game.

The flick through midwicket in EA 2004 was really nice, although the actual mechanics of batting were a load of old bollocks compared to DBC.

eta oh wait, maybe I need to try to play it off the back foot?

Best looking shot i have played though was a back-foot cover drive off a short ball, where i actually picked both line and length, knowing it wasn't there for cut or pull, absolutely gorgeous and just pinged along the ground to the fence in no time.

I really like the pull shots - mine have tended to come out like the shot at 0.29 in this vid. The finishing position is uncannily similar. And funnily enough there's a genuine on drive at 0.55.

Ian Botham, Tim Robinson, Downton, hammers Jeff Thomson, Craig McDermott - YouTube

Haven't tried cutting or back foot driving the ball yet, have been trying to get the front foot shots right, and puzzling over the flick shot. Hopefully there's a Robin Smith style booming square cut in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Yup I can get the glance or flick off the legs to work if I play the shot in the direction of square leg or mid wicket by pointing left/west on right stick. But if I want to hit it fine with right stick pointed to back & left (south-west) the batsman plays a late cut sort of shot and misses the ball altogether.

HBK, can you pls let us know whether it's a bug in the nets and will be fine in the game, or let us know the right way to play finer shots behind the square on the leg side.

----------

Hit my first 6 against medium pace with L2/LT aggressive button. It was a good length ball on the leg stump... I pointed left & forward on the left stick and played a straight drive. The ball went right on top of the bowling machine and into the wall :yes

sounds like a flat six!!!

sounds like a flat six!!!

Not that flat but it didn't go close to the roof either. Generally most of the lofted shots hit the roof but this one went lower and farther.

----------

Well I don't want to sound like a moaner but I'm seriously gutted if you can't play through midwicket with the orthodox shot, especially as it's one great batsmen are renowned for. Playing fast bowling with a straight bat through midwicket looks really odd, don't think I've ever seen it happen in a proper game.

The flick through midwicket in EA 2004 was really nice, although the actual mechanics of batting were a load of old bollocks compared to DBC.

You can hit a flick through the mid wkt area. Try playing a delivery on the fuller side on the stumps or just outside off on the front foot (left stick up) and right stick to left and you will hit a flick through mid wkt. Problem is you can't hit it finer :(

You can hit a flick through the mid wkt area. Try playing a delivery on the fuller side on the stumps or just outside off on the front foot (left stick up) and right stick to left and you will hit a flick through mid wkt. Problem is you can't hit it finer :(

haha, well something weird is happening because I've had loads of flicks go behind square. I think I've got some fine as well, though maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

Maybe I'm just playing later than you or something, or picking different lengths.

The flick is generally played to balls just full of a good length on middle or middle and leg, with more adventurous players working from off stump, so that's kind of what I've been trying to do. I probably just haven't got the feel of the controls properly.

Also I keep ruining my streaks by pressing right stick too hard and leaving the ball, might have to try to remap that.

Gamepad/joystick required for nets too?

I think practicing in the nets with ps3 controller or a joystick is worth it. So far I am liking it very much as it is more realistic as far as footwork and timing which I have not seen in any cricket games so far. Kudos to BigAnts for this feature.

P.S- I am also loving reverse sweep and all the unorthodox shots.

guys how many of you had edges frequently? i have played the nets for more than 10 hours and i had 3 edges so far ....:spy. i am a master...:clap

I used legend bowling, average batsman, outswing good length and got many edges.

Favorite shot hands down is the back foot off drive, a proper no frills punch shot. Best streak is a mighty 18 so far.

Works fine for me. Have been able to play front and back-foot flicks towards fine-leg. As expected, it is all about timing. Play it early and your flick shot goes towards mid-wicket. Play it within the ideal timing-window and it goes towards square-leg. Play it late and it goes towards fine-leg. However, I have not been able to hit it very, very fine (like bastmen do in ODIs when bowlers get the line wrong).

Anyone had a bouncer fly right past their earhole yet?

Given a potential bat pad catch playing a spinner?

Chopped a cut onto your stumps?

Got hit right in the face at first. :p
The event was staged though the outcome wasn't desirable.
I wanted to check the ducking mechanic and put the marker on a short length and was on pro cam. I had to move away from the line and duck otherwise I got hit right in the face and it was kinda disturbing :p

I have just begun and my current streak is a respectable... 3!

Users who are viewing this thread