Your wishlist/suggestions thread

Is IPL included?
If not, a strong suggestion is to make user own a team, and perform actions (name his own team, buy players, hire a home ground) etc, if IPL will not allow you to use the names straightaway.

Is IPL included?
If not, a strong suggestion is to make user own a team, and perform actions (name his own team, buy players, hire a home ground) etc, if IPL will not allow you to use the names straightaway.

IPL was included in IC10, and I'm hoping domestic leagues will be included in both games to add longevity to the game, official or unofficial.

My wish list:

1. Harder game play.

2. Fielding - Diving stops, sharp catches, no jogging please..Better Keepers and Slip fielders..

3. More shots - dilscoop, reverse sweep etc. and i would like to move the batsman freely around the crease (may be a 360 degree movement). so i can hit a well out side off stump ball to fine leg.

4. Good commentary - Please try to bring commentators like Ravi Shastry/Sourav Ganguly/Robin Jackman/Harsha Bhogle

5. Dynamic weather - Rain in between the match, wet out filed in day night matches..

6. Better Ball physics - ball getting dirty, real swing/turn..

7. Better Kits - I dont like to see the jersey is stick on the player body. and it is getting dirty when player dives..

8. I think you can make batting controls like TAOC (Using mouse). Free mouse movement to select direction. so you can play 360 degree. Left button single click for Front foot Attacking shots, double click for lofted. Right button single click for Back foot Attacing shots, double click for lofted. Center button/wheel for Defence.

This is for now...

It would be great if you could get the licenses for Australian and English domestic cricket, and maybe also the IPL. I'm going to presume you can't get the licenses for the Australian and English national teams as Ashes 2013 will probably have exclusive licenses for them, so domestic cricket would make the competition fair. It's good to see you include career mode.

Playing Styles

One thing just came to my mind when i was going through some post which talked about motion-capture technique which are implemented for player animation.

I'd like to know how the playing styles are being implemented for batters and bowlers.
i.e. how diff a right-hander's shot looks from a left-handers shot or how diff a left-arm bowler's action is from that of right-arm bowler's action.
In previous games, be it EA series or Codemasters, we've seen both look like mirror images i.e. left/right arm bowlers have same action, similarly
left/right batters play same shot in identical way. This robs us of a critical gameplay component, IMO.

Just to illustrate what i'm tying to suggest with a few examples,

1. How diff "a dab shot to third-man" looks when played by say Kallis as compared to Gambhir
2. How diff "an aerial square-cut over third-man" looks when played by Jayasuriya as compared to Sehwag
3. How diff "a cover drive" looks when played by Dravid, Amla as compared to those played by Lara, Ganguly
4. How diff is the action of left-arm fast bowler like Mitchell Starc, Dirk Nannes from right-arm fast bowler like Dale Steyn or Shane Bond.
5. How diff is a classic right-arm off-spinner's action from classic left-arm spinner's action

The point I'm trying to make is that the style of play differs with change of batting/bowling hand.
While there are a few things which are common to batters/bowlers of the same hand, there are also a no. of subtleties
which make style of play different in between right/left hand batters/bowlers.

Not sure if implementing such a thing is programmatically critical or not,
but if done, can add a new dimension to the new-age cricket game the makers have so far promised us.

@BigAntStudios and @Ross,

Here's a gameplay suggestion from my side which most of the cricket fans I know would love to have incorporated...

Is it possible for the Big Ant Cricket game to have a slider based system for difficulties instead of the standard "Easy", "Medium", 'Hard" difficulty levels? For example take a look at the Madden NFL series where you can have slider setting for so many items/attributes/areas on top of the "Rookie", "Pro", "All Pro" and "All Madden" settings. Lower settings makes the game ideal for casual gamers who love arcadey sort of games while at the highest level the AI is almost impossible to stop/beat. And for those who want to tailor the game as per their needs they can fall back on sliders.

If this Cricket game has the same sort of system where at "Novice" level anyone can play the game and at "Elite" level even the hardcore cricket fans find it tough to beat the AI, it would be a job well done. Plus sliders for catching, fielding, batting, bowling, running, slogging etc. can add a new dimension to the game which will make this game similar to the Madden or FIFA series.

Yeah have to agree with previous post. I always find I'm in between skill levels in cricket games of the past.
There needs to be many more levels than just easy, medium, hard, as in previous titles. I like the idea of different skill levels for batting, bowling and fielding, this way we can tailor the game to our own skill levels for each aspect in order to create tight exciting games.;)

Users who are viewing this thread