Zimbabwe in West Indies

Who will win?

• Total voters
I'm sure he was just resting for the test series. If he had retired surely there would be more stories about it.

This is going to be one interesting series.

If Lara retired then it would be all over the news, a man like him would have us all talking.

genghis_khan said:
well he didnt tour NZ with the Windies ODI squad in January and he wasnt injured, he only turned up for the Tests.

I think he's just become very selective with what he participates in on certain tours in order maintain freshness, or possibly other personal reasons, but he doesn't seem to be playing much cricket these days anyway. I doubt he'd be contemplating retirement from the ODI game though- the home World Cup would be his motivation.

IloveGilly said:
This is going to be one interesting series.

If Lara retired then it would be all over the news, a man like him would have us all talking.

i dont think it will be very interesting.

i think the Windies should cruise to a series win, the babweans would be lucky to pick up a game. They have no decent players anymore... Streak, Taibu, Ervine, Flower and Carlisle are all gone.

James219 said:
I think he's just become very selective with what he participates in on certain tours in order maintain freshness, or possibly other personal reasons, but he doesn't seem to be playing much cricket these days anyway. I doubt he'd be contemplating retirement from the ODI game though- the home World Cup would be his motivation.

Lara is intending to play in the World Cup. Here is a recent interview he did.

Lara has taken up the mantle to captain for a 3rd stint, maybe a good move to finish off this illustrious career!!

Injuried still I guess.

Hopefully Lara has a better run at being captain this time. It could be a fitting way for him to go out by winning the WC in WI while being captain.

Interesting choice. Lara in the past seems to bat better when he was captain and perhaps he can do it again. Hope he retains the job till the world cup and performs to his best once again.

aussie1st said:
Injuried still I guess.

No, he is not injured. He has just come back from injury and hasn't played for the West Indies in a while. I'm not sure why he wasn't chosen. Maybe the selectors are happy with their bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread