Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Parnell is seriously overrated. :facepalm

I feel he isn't. It's just that he lacks the experience to not concede so many runs, if you go by his average and strike rate, they are impressive.
He'll become better by time.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Time to drop Murali Vijay and ask Rohit Sharma to open with Sachin in the next match.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I'd be tempted to open with Yusuf.
Yusuf to open in a 50 over match. Are you serious!!

----------

And Virat shouldn't be disturbed from his position (number 3) until Sehwag and Gambhir return. He (Kohli) has been doing exceptionally well in the middle order, no need to give him an opening slot. Might just have an affect on his form facing the new ball.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I'd like to see Yusuf been given a chance to open. This is the last series before the world cup and if Murali Vijay is not doing well as a opener, then he needs to be dropped and in place of him any other player needs to be given a chance to open. Virat has been doing quite well at 1st down so iving Yusuf a chance to open won't be a bad idea.

Sobi

Banned
This match is showing what India can offer. This is really stupid. India has no bowling talent accept little bit of Zaheer. India's batting is not consistent at all. First of all why is this only the Indian team that has too many injuries? I am a big Indian supporter but this is really a poor performance by us. Were we playing for an ODI draw batting first? or is it just that the batters couldn't handle the pace by SA bowlers? Then Dhoni dumb enough not to take the batting powerplay when him and Yuvi were batting. what limit of stupidity can he go up to? but the main concern is why sehwag gets injured every game? he probably players 2 out of 10 games. Too much money given to these players by the companies for advertisements are making them just play for money and nothing else. They just wanna make their place in the team so they can sign deals with companies to make money.

Indian Batting - good but not even 10% consistent
Indian Bowling - crap!!!
Indian Fielding - worst by any international team!!

-Smith goes!!!:D:cheers

But we are gonna lose anyways. Also, I think India are slower than the over rate. Dhoni already got fined last time for this so this time he will be banned for one match. Maybe next match without him. Way to go India!!!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
SA are 6 down now!!! Are we seeing a turnaround? They still need 31 more runs and only 4 wkts remain.

Params7

International Cricketer
lol 7 down. SA will be too silly to lose this. Indian bowlers aren't really supposed to bowl out a team like that :P

----------

I'd like to see Yusuf been given a chance to open. This is the last series before the world cup and if Murali Vijay is not doing well as a opener, then he needs to be dropped and in place of him any other player needs to be given a chance to open. Virat has been doing quite well at 1st down so iving Yusuf a chance to open won't be a bad idea.

I agree with Yusuf opening. Gambhir 1st down and Dhoni should be the last solid bat before Bhajji.

----------

Really bad umpire decision there, that sucks for SA but they should still win.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
This match is showing what India can offer. This is really stupid. India has no bowling talent accept little bit of Zaheer. India's batting is not consistent at all. First of all why is this only the Indian team that has too many injuries? I am a big Indian supporter but this is really a poor performance by us. Were we playing for an ODI draw batting first? or is it just that the batters couldn't handle the pace by SA bowlers? Then Dhoni dumb enough not to take the batting powerplay when him and Yuvi were batting. what limit of stupidity can he go up to? but the main concern is why sehwag gets injured every game? he probably players 2 out of 10 games. Too much money given to these players by the companies for advertisements are making them just play for money and nothing else. They just wanna make their place in the team so they can sign deals with companies to make money.

Indian Batting - good but not even 10% consistent
Indian Bowling - crap!!!
Indian Fielding - worst by any international team!!

-Smith goes!!!:D:cheers

But we are gonna lose anyways. Also, I think India are slower than the over rate. Dhoni already got fined last time for this so this time he will be banned for one match. Maybe next match without him. Way to go India!!!

Chill. Irrelevant series is irrelevant.

Our team is more than good enough to win the WC (only thing that matters) with Sehwag and Gambhir in the lineup.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I thought the match would have been over by now, but now I see there are only 2 wickets left with 11 overs left.

South Africa should reach this total nevertheless. Parnell is still there and he was supposed to be the next allrounder.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Why is Raina bowling at this stage of the match?

----------

And that's what happens. Morkel just hit a four.

South Africa is nearing the target, so the pressure is on India. And India is really taking their time to bowl each ball.

Users who are viewing this thread