Upcoming Talents

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Here we can discuss about good domestic cricketers or those cricketers who are new to International cricket and has a lot of talent and potential and has what it takes to be at the national team of a country.

To start, I'd like point out Tanmay Srivastava from India. A very good limited (50) overs cricketer with the batting average of 50.54.

For Srilanka its a spin bowling allrounder Sachithra Senanayake. He has a bowling average of around 20 runs per wicket in both OD and FC format and economy rate of less than 6 runs per over in domestic T20s! He has a batting average of just under 20 in OD and FC matches. He's someone like Suraj Randiv as a player. He has picked up 5 wickets in a FC innings for 23 times and also got 10 wickets in a match for 4 times!

Another man from Srilanka is an allrounder Sachith Pathirana. Batting normally at number 7 or 8, this left handed batsman has the average around 25 in all three formats of the game. He's an attacking player has adds vital quick runs for his team. Bowling wise, the left arm spinner has an OD average of just over 20 and 29+ in FC games. His economy rate in domestic T20 is also great with conceding just 6.2 runs per over. He has also picked 7 5fers and 1 10 Wicket match haul which shows how good he is as a bowler. This guy can be a good lower order batsman and a very good bowler for Srilanka in coming years.

RPHKR

National Board President
Pat Cummins, he shall be the Australia's front-line bowler in future.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
averaging 25 with the ball is nothing in sri lanka, it's pitches at FC level are notoriously bowler friendly. anjantha mendis had an average of about 14 when he was selected for the national team and plenty of their best batsmen only average around 40 domestically. I think quite a few of their part time spin options at international level, like samaraweera, averaged around 25 with the ball domestically.

for sri lanka though, not to leave them out, Bhanuka Rajapaksa looks a real talent. he's 20 now but spent the last 3 years being one of the dominant u19 batsman from any team. He's scored everywhere for them and was the leading run getter in a tour to australia in 2009, and in the 2010 u19 world cup. he's in the A team now and his game is still coming together but I'd generally back someone that was so good at u19 level to eventually make the step up to international cricket.

Last edited:

Radonx

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the ongoing domestic OD tournament will decide whether Banuka Rajapaksa can make into our ODI side soon. He is a naturally attacking batsman and he will be a good addition to the side since our batting in last couple of series has been negative.

Other than him there aren't any young batsmen to mention at the moment in SL domestic circuit. And no bowlers to note either other than Sachithra Senanayake.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Good posts guys. Is always interesting to have a few names in your head to keep an eye on. Amazing as well how many seemingly talented players never seem to continue their progress. I suppose it is further proof that technique will only get you so far, and that mental strength and personal growth are equally, if not more, important.

Having seen Godleman bat a few times, and heard a lot about him when he was a young lad, I was convinced he would one day play for England. Unfortunately, his career really stalled.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
From India:Ajinkya Rahane,Rahul Sharma,Varun Aaron
From England:Jos Buttler,Danny Briggs,James Taylor
From West Indies:Andre Russell,Kraigg Brathwaite,Sunil Narine
From South Africa:Obus Pienaar,Craig Alexander,Marchant de Lange,Rilee Rossouw
From Pakistan:Rameez Raja,Yasir Shah,Mohammad Irfan
From NZ:Kieran Noema-Barnett,Adam Miline,Neil Wagner
These players have great potential and will surely be future stars

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I don't know how good is he rated back home but I enjoyed watching Peter Trego of England during the Champions League. James Hildreth seems to be a good player. What about Michael Lumb? He suddenly vanished to nowhere.

----------

One guy from RSA has a great record, especially in List A matches and thats Pieter Malan. Batting average of almost 60 in OD games is amazing.

Swaraj

School Cricketer
Pat Cummins,James Pattinson and Vernon Philander could prove to be good players overall.As there bowling is very much consistant and Vernon Philander and James Pattinson have good batting skills as well.

Anjula

Club Captain
Bhanuka Rajapaksha will surely Qualifys,
"An attacking left-handed batsman, Bhanuka Rajapaksa was selected for the 2010 Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand as one of the team's key batsmen. He lived upto his reputation, by finishing the leading run-scorer for his country with 253 runs. He had an excellent tour of Australia with the U-19 team in 2009, smashing 154 off 111 balls in a one-dayer and ended the series as the leading run-getter. He compares his batting style to Adam Gilchrist. His other sporting interests include squash and swimming.
Cricinfo Staff January 2010"

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Dougie Bracewell, what a champion.

----------

One guy from RSA has a great record, especially in List A matches and thats Pieter Malan. Batting average of almost 60 in OD games is amazing.

I'm not sure if this is the case for Malan, but in South Africa the level below their main domestic cricket gets counted in their "official" records, so a lot of their players have super averages. E.g. if you look at his cricinfo page, his last eight matches were played for Northern's, who verse the likes of Namibia and teams below the top domestic structure. While his proper domestic team is the Titans.

Anjula

Club Captain
A Great Talent - Ranil Dhammika

I was stunned,

Ranil Dhammika (Bowling All-Rounder)-

Batting Avg:-

FC:21.26
List-A:19.87
T20:14.00

Bowling(The amazing Part):-

FC-
Ave:20.87
BBI:9/83

List-A-
Ave:17.92
BBI:6/39
Econ:3.70

T-20-
Ave:7.83
Econ:4.70

stefan

International Coach
I don't know how good is he rated back home but I enjoyed watching Peter Trego of England during the Champions League. James Hildreth seems to be a good player. What about Michael Lumb? He suddenly vanished to nowhere.

----------

That record is all in the amateur division though. He hasn't been able to break into the titans side.

The real talent to watch from SA in the next few years rilee rossouw,richard levi, quinton de kock,david miller,stian van zyl,obus pienaar,marchant de lange,reeza hendriks.

Users who are viewing this thread