England in India - Oct to Jan 2012/13

Think about tomorrow's ODI first, Barmy Army :p
Bell already praised for young pace guns of India like Bhuvan and Shami. Cook and company needs to deliver their best to stop Indian bowling now.

I hope Mohali pitch would give 300+ score kinda game :thumbs

At Mohali Team India Will Go All Guns Blazing.

Dharamshala a Good Place for sight seeing, nothing more.

Wright would be fine as t20 opener on occasions, but i won't risk him in that role in odi's - he is way too lose. For reasons already stated, Trego would be a better all-rounder option in the odi set-up than Wright IMO as things stand.

Root is ok, hasn't looked out of his depth in odi's to date - but when bairstow, trott come back i probably don't see a place for him in the squad.

Trott, most probably yeah. Bairstow, just no. Time and again he's proven to be a failure barring his blitzkrieg cameo on debut at Cardiff.

Trego's domestic stats look pretty ordinary tbh, and Wright has a lot of International experience in him to stake a claim over the former.

I would definitely pick him over Swann in ODI and T20

Say what? :eek: I'll admit Tredwell's bowled well given his limited chances in the national setup, but Swann's literally our go-to man. Irreplaceable. Not to mention he can offer a lot with the bat.

Can always guarantee any thread involving India will be full of gibberish :spy

The ridiculous thing is, all his best figures are against the likes of Ireland or on low scoring pitches. Start looking at his numbers against top class opponents or on pitches that require some bowling skill, and it's just plain embarrassing. He's clearly a failure at this level, and it's about time they swallowed some pride and carted him back off to county cricket where he can get tons of average batsman out with his battalion of slower balls...

Really, he's a slow bowler who has a quicker ball :p

Trott, most probably yeah. Bairstow, just no. Time and again he's proven to be a failure barring his blitzkrieg cameo on debut at Cardiff.

Trego's domestic stats look pretty ordinary tbh, and Wright has a lot of International experience in him to stake a claim over the former.

Well technically that is true about Bairstow, but i don't think those struggles are a true reflection of his ability. After all his odi career is only 7 games old. He just needs a consistent run in a set role & i am confident he will be fine in the odi set-up.

Mind you given he would be essentially picked to replace Kieswetter, there is no guaranteed he will be picked. The selectors could go for Buttler or recall Prior for one last go as odi keeper/bat as well.

Trego doesn't have perfect domestic stats no doubt, but for reasons already stated in england search for the best stop-gap odi # 7 (given we have no pure all-rounder since flintoff left) among the options that have been tried in the recent past such as patel, woakes, bresnan - i reckon trego gives the best balance.

His efforts last season were good enough for cricinfo's england correspondent to rank him the all-rounder of the season - Countyscape : George Dobell's 2012 county cricket awards | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo - which is solid highlight of his usefulness that i believe the england odi/t20 teams should utilize.

Wright is experienced yea & is certainly useful especially in t20s - but i don't trust his technique at all in odi's especially as an opener, in this new age of two new white balls.

----------

The ridiculous thing is, all his best figures are against the likes of Ireland or on low scoring pitches. Start looking at his numbers against top class opponents or on pitches that require some bowling skill, and it's just plain embarrassing. He's clearly a failure at this level, and it's about time they swallowed some pride and carted him back off to county cricket where he can get tons of average batsman out with his battalion of slower balls...

Really, he's a slow bowler who has a quicker ball :p

Dernbach sort of reminds of rana naved-ul-hasan. Can produce great death bowling spells but also be horrifically expensive.

Could be a good bowler if he bring some semblance of accuracy to his bowling. But of course him continuing playing has prevented england from playing finn/meaker this series - which is what i was looking forward to most.

England should enjoy the conditions of Mohali and Dharamsala where the atmosphere is much like England. Even the pitch of Mohali is known to assist the quick bowlers while Dhoni himself has admitted that he is not sure whats there is store in Dharamsala as far as the pitch is concerned. The temperature at Mohali has been around 6?C for the past few days and that of Himachal Pradesh where the last ODI is to be played has been between -18?C to -28?C!

By the way, local boy Yuvraj Singh averages just over 15 in 3-4 games he has played at Mohali and his best has been 34. The total number of runs he has scored at the venue is around 45-46.

Last edited:
By the way, local boy Yuvraj Singh averages just over 15 in 3-4 games he has played at Mohali and his best has been 34. The total number of runs he has scored at the venue is around 45-46.

I wish Yuvraj go blitzkrieg on his home soil this time... All The Best :thumbs

Hearing reports that snow might be predicted at Dharmshala... Wow, never expected that for a cricket match, that too in the subcontinent. SNOW?

BBL_uEJCYAAm8H8.jpg:large

Such a lovely ground but it is disappointing that we will not get a game there.

That knock should almost certainly win Joe Root a berth in the starting XI for the tour of New Zealand. Outstanding all-round talent.

Decent total from England, but I thoroughly expect India to chase this off with much comfort, considering Dernbach's starting again. Last chance salon for Bresnan too.

Users who are viewing this thread