English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Jolly: Wayne Rooney excels as Man Utd win at Stoke - ESPN FC

Ye the idea of Rooney mid-fielder & can obviously score goals is something that seems very plausible since seeing him play their last season. If Ferguson makes it more permanent United could probably not have to buy a new mid-fielder & just get another striker i guess.

Plus it could help England whose historic mid-field issues is well documented.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Chelsea's David Luiz calls for Aguero apology - ESPN FC

I'm expecting one some time in the next 48 hours.

----------

I didn't see it during the game, but a lot of people are saying that Luiz threw an elbow of sorts(I'm guessing it missed?) at Aguero just seconds before he did the two footed lunge on him. I know, that in no way justifies what he's done, but still, something to consider.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Jolly: Wayne Rooney excels as Man Utd win at Stoke - ESPN FC

Ye the idea of Rooney mid-fielder & can obviously score goals is something that seems very plausible since seeing him play their last season. If Ferguson makes it more permanent United could probably not have to buy a new mid-fielder & just get another striker i guess.

Plus it could help England whose historic mid-field issues is well documented.

Well, Rooney has shown in that game he can play the deep game and pull the strings so that could prove massively useful for Utd and England while also significantly increasing Rooney's career length as well. I still think we need another solid midfield ball winner; Rooney's like Scholes in that respect - neither can really tackle. ;)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well, Rooney has shown in that game he can play the deep game and pull the strings so that could prove massively useful for Utd and England while also significantly increasing Rooney's career length as well. I still think we need another solid midfield ball winner; Rooney's like Scholes in that respect - neither can really tackle. ;)

Ye ha, he would have to work on the tackling aspect. But i think SAF could be seriously on to something with Rooney in mid-field & the overall 4-1-3-2 formation - Manchester United in FA Premier League 2012/2013 matchday 33. A lot of clever movement into mid-field from Kagawa, Valencia & RVP, which didn't leave Rooney/Carrick exposed in the middle or the park. Good overlapping runs from Jones, Evra & Valencia too when required.

Would love to see United try this formation vs a stronger team.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Something has to be done about these 'retrospective punishment' rules. It's absolutely unbelievable that Aguero is going to get away scot free with that atrocious 'challenge'. It was a malicious two footed stamp and should earn him at least five games out, including the FA Cup final.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, they are obviously the way they are to back the referees, but then again, why exactly would you want to back anything that's obviously wrong.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Call this English bias, but after watching the Arsenal/Everton game, i can't help but think the premier league should have 5 champions league spots at least now.

The media is obviously taking turns criticising Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea every time one drops points that will potentially cost them a "top 4 place". But really all of them are champions league quality teams.

----------

Can't see that working against one of the stronger teams if Carrick or someone like Carrick plays the 1, that's where that ball winner/defensive midfielder goes.

Yea i suspect that deep down. Which is why i'd like to see SAF try it versus a top 4 team before the season is out, instead of it being the one vs Stoke.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
The Premier League isn't even the best league anymore(according to the UEFA coefficients ofc), but we all know who's responsible for that. :spy

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Call this English bias, but after watching the Arsenal/Everton game, i can't help but think the premier league should have 5 champions league spots at least now.

The media is obviously taking turns criticising Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea every time one drops points that will potentially cost them a "top 4 place". But really all of them are champions league quality teams.

Nah, that's silly. They aren't performing that well in the Champions League as it is. Why reward even more mediocrity? In that case, La Liga should also be offered another spot because Real Sociedad, Malaga, Valencia, and Real Betis are really battling it out.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, the fight for CL places across all the top leagues is pretty close, so yeah, one can't just turn up and start demanding for every top league to be awarded 1 more CL spot because of how close it actually is between the sides.

One way this could be done however is maybe UEFA hands the best league in the world(based on the UEFA coefficients ofc) an extra CL spot, you know, like separate that one league from say numbers 2 and 3.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd rather prefer to see the Serie A get its CL spot back.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Chelsea's David Luiz calls for Aguero apology - ESPN FC

I'm expecting one some time in the next 48 hours.

Sergio Aguero apologizes for tackle on David Luiz - ESPN FC

Why am I always right? :rolleyes

I'd rather prefer to see the Serie A get its CL spot back.

Well, my question to you would then be; do you reckon the #4 team in Serie A is better than the #5 team in La Liga/Premier League/Bundesliga?

(think I might've just started one of those stupid "which league is better" arguments :p)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess no, but the 4th team does deserve it ahead of some random unknown team that could only get thrashed. :p

Auwais

International Coach
I'd rather the CL money was spread to poorer leagues than hoovered up by the elite clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread