English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Thread for the new English Football season.

• Predictions on the league winners
  • How will the new teams fair?
  • Discussion on managerial changes
  • Best new signings

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bit tricky to predict a league winner until some transfer activity gets underway. Man Utd will be there or thereabouts though.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Think City will get close to it. Chelsea's recent transfer rumours don't sound too well...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think it's fairly open and any one of Chelsea, City or United could win it, but if I had to predict a winner it'd have to be Chelsea on Mourinho alone.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Levy + AVB + Baldini is going to be one hell of a combo. Class appointment if it goes through. Baldini was voted Serie A's Mercato of the year last season - has a great track record.

And the poor spurs fans who think they could now sign Erik Lamela..

No.

Not unless you sell Bale.

Epic

Panel of Selectors

I don't know how I missed this one, but personally, I'd say the majority here and Martin Samuel for that matter, are well stuck in the past. If the norm is to have a manager run 10 years at once just because he was successful once then why isn't Rijakaard still working at Barcelona? Or van Gaal at Bayern Munich? Or hell del Bosque at Real Madrid? 2 of those 3 clubs went onto achieve the greatest feat in club football under their next manager, the treble. The fact of the matter is a club's structure and hierarchy are and will always be more important to a club's stature and success than one man that picks a XI off a squad born out of the club's structure and hierarchy.

So get with the times people, and while you're at it, lose this stigma that a club has to be run a certain way and no other way, a club can be run anyway it chooses to be run, be it by a power hungry Russian, a powerless Sheikh or a ---- like Perez.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Powerless Sheikh?:lol

Users who are viewing this thread