Post your questions about the game here!

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only shots i have found missing are...
Guiding the ball to the third man past the wicketkeeper/slips while being upright.
Slog sweep over midwicket region
Advanced down the ground block/ground shots

I did the guiding once with no triggers and the right stick almost south.
And slog sweep, it doesn't have the Yuvraj-esque sweep but it gets lofted if you can get under the ball. But its very rare.
Advance and hit the ball, it is has no elevation it becomes a ground shot. But no block yet. :/

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Still do not know what is a helicopter shot...

Here mate...

It's like a Chris Gayle front foot drive with an unnecessary swishing of the hands above one's head to give the impression that they've made a new shot. Guaranteed way to gain an extra 1 million twitter followers.

I'm sorry from when on did a front foot drive go for a 100 metre six over midwicket?
The reason there is a swishing is to provide elevation when there is none. Its just the closing of the phase as soon as it hits the bat to ensure the ball travels squarer than it should.
As there is no special animation to the forward right stick in unorthodox modifier, I expect it to be fitted with this. Though only one guy on the planet does it now.
And its the only way of hitting a six of yorker. Like in here...Watch at 1.30 and please tell me if there is any other shot that could have led it to a six?

Last edited by a moderator:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Yup sachin did a cut down version in 2002 and got a four and a single against England. Then a four in IPL.
Michael Bevan did it and got his team mate Run Out at the other end.
Its a skill too and people need to learn to appreciate it.
Just like ABD's mind boggling balance hitting behind the wickets.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm sorry from when on did a front foot drive go for a 100 metre six over midwicket?
The reason there is a swishing is to provide elevation when there is none. Its just the closing of the phase as soon as it hits the bat to ensure the ball travels squarer than it should.
As there is no special animation to the forward right stick in unorthodox modifier, I expect it to be fitted with this. Though only one guy on the planet does it now.
And its the only way of hitting a six of yorker. Like in here...Watch at 1.30 and please tell me if there is any other shot that could have led it to a six?
I think you are taking it way too seriously. It was a joke. I agree with umosay. Only 1 person in world cricket tries to play that shot. Also, I imagine it would look very weird in the game. I don't think it is needed.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have a huge man crush on ABD. i am not ashamed to admit it. He is the type of batsman i wanted to be like my whole life and failed miserably at it.

grkrama

National Board President
Here mate...

That should make it to the wiki's,though sachin did play a similar shot though slower and not as effective as MS
SACHIN HELICOPTER SHOT IN 2002.flv - YouTube

Yup and the only shot that can dig a malinga mid stick yorker for Six

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sib, thats a funny looking shot. Bet the bowlers wont find it funny though. For some reason i always thought helicopter shot would probably look like some kind of hook shot. Never would have guessed this one.

grkrama

National Board President
I have a huge man crush on ABD. i am not ashamed to admit it. He is the type of batsman i wanted to be like my whole life and failed miserably at it.

nXRZxI9.gif

wzMuE8B.gif

logout20

Club Cricketer
That should make it to the wiki's,though sachin did play a similar shot though slower and not as effective as MS
SACHIN HELICOPTER SHOT IN 2002.flv - YouTube

Yup and the only shot that can dig a malinga mid stick yorker for Six

perfect combination of insane power and concentration....if this connects a miss time shot will go for six,,i tried it many times..i was searching for this shot on nets...disappointed..

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
One person in world cricket is currently playing the shot. 3 have in all time cricket history. And you expect it to be in the game and are dissapointed? The addition of the scoop and reverse sweep is good enough for me.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
You have a point Chinaman but what I am saying is they can fill it up with the free spot available on the Right Stick Frwrd + Unorthodox modifier. Just like how advance and block needs to be filled in somewhere. Something for the future versions.
And yes three may have played it but doesn't mean any of us don't try to. Its just hard to master.
Having a bit of variety does no harm.

Users who are viewing this thread