India tour of New Zealand - Jan to Feb 2014

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
on one hand it's worth noting that mcgrath has been helping with their pace academy for a while now and india still haven't produced any good pacers.

on the other it's also worth noting that a number have come in to the team quite good before turning to dross.

He has replaced Denis Lille in the MRF pace academy for a while now as you said but I don't think he has worked with any of our current fast bowling group. Our current group of young bowlers which includes B.Kumar, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, and Shami. If he can work with them before the world cup than it will be great because all of them have potential and are very young but if they can get that accuracy, it will be great. But than again it comes back to the question I asked in my last post. What is Joe Dawes going to do?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhoni really need think out of box now... Why binny miss out on final match?... Why is there Mohith Sharma not in the Squad?... Why you put Ishwar Pandey and Amit Mishra in the Squad, if you not like to give them a chance?... Why you support Ajinkya Rahane, he is waste of the time in oversea?... Give Pujar chance in ODI, he can do much better than Rahane and Rohit in this kind of Pitch?... Is Shikar One time Man Only?... Why Dropping Vinay on Oversea Matches? He is more hard worker than that long Hair Man in India Squad... Dhoni need to Admit that Ashwin and Jadeja not made for play good in oversea...

Seriously, you need English lessons (no offence). I do get your point, but it took me quite sometime to get the gist of it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He has replaced Denis Lille in the MRF pace academy for a while now as you said but I don't think he has worked with any of our current fast bowling group.

That pace academy is very useful utility for our pacers, but what I heard ages back that our regular bowlers never utilize them( I do not what is the current situation, this was very long back where Srinath was campaigning the importance of Pace Academy ). Definitely outdated!

On a serious note, we do not really have to go back - we just have to get proper mentor to guide these young potentials that we have in our bag. Players like Ishant & Pathan - As much as I hate them, I seriously look forward to them to come back with bang as improvised and matured bowlers sometime down the lane like how we have Zaheer now.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Very good decision by India to rest the top three performers in recent times for today's warm up game - Dhoni, Kohli and Shami. Its the rest that need match practice and playing time to get their stuff going.

And as usual, Ishant Sharma continues to be awful. :facepalm

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They're from domestic A teams. Seifert is rated really really highly though

ferg512

International Coach
The 3 Wellington guys there all have contracts just have barely played at all this season.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The 3 Wellington guys there all have contracts just have barely played at all this season.

Wellington, the team with nine 30+ players and seven 33+ players, and their other two players aren't even very young (26 and 23). Gotta love that youth system.

ferg512

International Coach
Wellington, the team with nine 30+ players and seven 33+ players, and their other two players aren't even very young (26 and 23). Gotta love that youth system.

Yup its pretty appalling really, Siddons is a big part of the problem he doesn't think the youngsters are ready for FC cricket apparently. I wouldn't mind seeing him gone tbh

War

Chairman of Selectors
1560743_10151905875772555_1563400107_n.jpg

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Well with that performance in warm up matches there may not be much changes in the batting lineup for the first test.But I think there maybe some changes in the bowling department but can not suggest any because I am confused:facepalm:facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Even without this warm up game, I dont think India would go for a change in the test batting lineup. Rohit did badly in SA, but those were just 2 tests. He had a great initial few tests before that, scoring two hundreds. So he would be persisted with and rightly so. And Dhawan has to be persisted with. Its too early to drop Dhawan. Its the first taste of overseas conditions for Dhawan and Rohit, and they need to be backed to come out of it wiser and better. The rest did well in South Africa (nobody cares if Dhoni bats well in tests or not, because as captain he is sacred), including the surprise package Murali Vijay.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yes we will see a similar line-up in the test as the one that played in South Africa. The only change I would make is bring in Umesh Yadav in place of Ishant Sharma.

Users who are viewing this thread